autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I Bought My First DA Polisher, Now What? (Newbie Questions)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    I notice all the Chinese polisher equivalents to the Chinese made Griots selling for less than half the price of the Griots.
    But--the Griots polishers are made to their specifications and they have a lifetime warranty.

2. Likes PaulMys, custmsprty, KBsToy liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Edit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    I notice all the Chinese polisher equivalents to the Chinese made Griots selling for less than half the price of the Griots.
    Well, sure.

I have also noticed Stanley tool sets selling for substantially less than Craftsman tool sets. Both made in China now.

Which are of better quality? Do you do any mechanical work?

If you did, you'd recognize the vast difference between things "Made in China" vs. "Assembled in China" using skilled labor and strict guidelines.

Kinda like the iPhone.

And Craftsman still has the lifetime guarantee on the hand tools.

Facts, not sour grapes..........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lovenhim View Post
    I can not post that information here as it might cause me to receive an internet whoopin'. LOL It was made in China just like all the other brands listed on the website, costs a lot less money, yet it used by professional detailers, some of which prefer it......but is taboo to mention on this here forum. LOL Does that help?
    But you came here for advice as how to properly use it since they don't have any support forum like AG. Like I always say, you get what you pay for.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great forum with fantastic help.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post

But you came here for advice as how to properly use it since they don't have any support forum like AG.

Yep... that's the normal pattern. Buy a tool from Harbor Freight and then come to Autogeek to get help using it.

We take that as a compliment and of course, do our best to help everyone no matter where they purchased their tools, pads or products.

It's all good...

8. Likes BudgetPlan1, Vegas1, Celabe, custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lovenhim View Post
    This is a great forum with fantastic help.
    indeed. you did recently post a couple threads recently asking for advice. I even contributed to them. It seems that you were given advice on what systems to purchase and why, and then went and did something else?

very good vibe here, but people do have a tolerance for how much they're willing to help when advice isn't absorbed.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

My friends. I certainly understand the fact that the forum wants people to purchase items that they sell. I get that, it helps support the forum. My Mothers compound, Polish, wax, and backing plate came from Autotopia. My understanding is that both AutoGeek and Autotopia are brother and sister. I bought those items due to a sale price and free shipping. Please remember that I live on a fixed income and do not have $200+ to invest in a DA system that will be used a few times. Yes, a more exspensive machine will have better quality control, but that does not make it a supirior machine. I do not use my small set of mechanics tools everyday or for a living. My 25 year old Craftsman set is still working fine. I can not justify Snap-On tools. It is the same with the DA polisher. For a hobbiest who is trying to improve the family hatchback and help his 71 year old mother have a better looking ten year old farm truck. I view auto detailing as a family so to speak. It should not matter what tools you use, own, or can afford. It should matter that we all share a common goal of wanting to make a vehicle look nicer....while enjoying the experience and having fun.

When I first came here I was looking at the $120 Mothers Wax Attack kit. Through the help of some very nice people on this forum....I have some pads and microfiber cloths coming to me. This has allowed me to stay around my origional $120 saved up budget while being able to buy a DA I could afford with quality compound, polish, and wax. I am sorry for breaking forum edicate by buying and mentioning a Harbor Freight tool but it is all I can afford. The items that I was gifted from this forum are going to help my family, my mother & step dad, and my uncle who has one leg and can not stand to clean my aunts Subaru. I will still purchase items as needed from AutoGeek or Autopia as needed and when a sale or free shipping comes around. I do not normally play the "victum" or "poor ole' me" card, but my overall goal is to help others while being finacially poor myself. I will still keep coming here, watching videos, and learning ways to do things on a tight budget and learning how to adapt in order to compensate for what I may not be able to see.

11. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post
    indeed. you did recently post a couple threads recently asking for advice. I even contributed to them. It seems that you were given advice on what systems to purchase and why, and then went and did something else?

very good vibe here, but people do have a tolerance for how much they're willing to help when advice isn't absorbed.
    To be fair, perhaps the advice did not parallel the OP's budget. Additionally, circumstances can change as advice/knowledge is presented and absorbed.

If all were of the same mindset, abilities and budgets perhaps more universal solutions would be appropeiate.

In the end, it's about helping, not policing or criticizing. The forum has moderators for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Hugs and fist bumps to everyone. I think a moment like this deserves a little "Weird Al" Yankovic, dont'cha think? I must agree, in the end it is all about helping others regardless of the cost. It is about learning, growing, using whatever abilities that we do have. It is not about the name brand of the tools we use or about where we buy them from.......not from the standpoint of sharing a passion for cars. I think you will like this. I love cars. I was raised around the weekend warrior drag strip, Monster truck racing (before it became WWE wrestling with big tires), NASCAR, etc. I enjoy classic cars, Hot Rods, F1 racing, heck motorsport in general. The odd ball thing is that I can not drive any of it. LOL

I think folks might have fun with this. A couple of years a go my wife was visiting a friend in an apartment complex. While there I was able to use the apartments "car port" area to wash our car. I am dressed in a faded American flag t-shirt. I have Weird Al Yancovic on the stereo. People are looking at me. Around that time on the news was more bad news about mass shootings and such in the USA. So picture this and think of how goofy the scene is. I am washing a Japanese branded car....a Nissan. It was made in Mexico according to the VIN. I am wearing a USA flag t-shirt, and what comes on the radio via the playlist......Weird Al Yanlovic's Trigger Happy. Life is too short, enjoy it, and have fun.

YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    To be fair, perhaps the advice did not parallel the OP's budget. Additionally, circumstances can change as advice/knowledge is presented and absorbed.

If all were of the same mindset, abilities and budgets perhaps more universal solutions would be appropeiate.

In the end, it's about helping, not policing or criticizing. The forum has moderators for that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast