autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your Favorite Wash and Wax

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    IMO I’ve never found that to be case. I’ve never noticed a car wash that contains so called gloss enhancers that left vehicles noticeably shinier, darker, or different in any way compared to soaps that don’t. If there was even a slight difference in the final results I wouldn’t be completely content with Megs Hyper Wash.

Generally speaking, [meaning not including some of these new fancy soaps] all car wash shampoos are basically created about as equal as detailing products get.

Just my 2 cents.
    To quote the movie "The Outlaw Josey Wales":

"I reckon I'll be a comin' with ya" on that post.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not been useing much of those OTC car soaps. The Carpro Reset and Ultima Paint Guard Wash and a domestic detailing company brands wash and wax. That last car soap I washed my sisters car with that had non protection on it and the water laid flat on it. After the wash I saw there where something on it the following 3 weeks. It's a carnuaba wax based car soap with glossenhancers in too. Would it be working as a stand alone LSP? No I don't think so. But would be interesting to see if you where to wash with it every week. If it would be building up protection on the paint during a couple of months of use.

Why I don't like to use car soap with glossenhancers or and wax in it. Is that I don't want it to interfear with the lsp I have on the car. The only soaps that leave anything behind would be one that is made to be in synergy with the LSP I have on my car. Cause if I prep the car and apply a great wax or sealant or coating and like the results I got with it. Why would I be adding wax and glossenhancers that would not be greater than the LSP I have on the car. And it's the OTC car soaps that are not so good. And it's also includes the waterless wash or rinseless wash. So I use a wax and glossenhancers free wash solution to get my LSP shine like it should be. Or I would get any wash solution that would be a great enhancement to the LSP. As I did when I bought a ceramic infused car soap. That did change the looks on the Gyeon Wet Coat I had on the paint. And it leaved it to be a great finish that I liked. And that was lucky it did. But I compared it to apply a QD or spray wax. If it would be not so good it would be wearing of or I could apply something else I like. That's what we do we who likes to use and try different things LOL. So I think of it if it would ad some great to the LSP and not be degrading the looks of it.

3. Likes GEM65 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you SWETM. I do use glossenhancers but only when they are from the same brand, using similar polymers or wax, or similar ingredients such as SiO2

5. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mckee's Rinse free Wash and Wax is my favorite. Get a noticeable better gloss/glow on dark paints with it. Also very versitle for other uses such as instant detail and clay lube.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If we’re including rinseless and waterless washes...
    Meguiars D115 Rinse free wash & wax has wax that really performs. D115 is great waterless wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    If we’re including rinseless and waterless washes...
    Meguiars D115 Rinse free wash & wax has wax that really performs. D115 is great waterless wash.
    I have been wondering about this product. Thanks for mentioning it!

9. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tran View Post
    I have been wondering about this product. Thanks for mentioning it!
    Here’s an interesting story about D115... Last month I polished my friends Dodge SRT that I 1st detailed just over 3yrs. ago. Back then his routine would be to bucket wash it at least once per week maybe sooner, and although he loves his car and likes the process of maintaining it, he mentioned how it was somewhat of a chore to always have to pull out the hose & bucket...

So I gave him the pitch on waterless washing, not really sure if he would seriously consider it because you know how most people are in general when they 1st hear about it. But he was willing and didn’t waste any time buying himself a gallon of Megs D115 and began diluting it @4:1 just like I recommended it along with a pack of Kirklands + I let him have 1 of my Water Magnets so he could have a proper drying towel.

This dude became the waterless wash king! Lol. He hasn’t done a bucket wash in the past 3yrs! He simply does his waterless wash wipedown every 3-4 days and his ride always looks super clean.

So recently I had been reminding him that we should get together and work on his car again because I was sure it would need a claying after all this time and a quik polish as well... I show up early morning on a Saturday, do a quik waterless with D114, begin claying with the Megs white claybar because I want to show him what we’re removing and it’s completely smooth... Nothing. I pretty much ended up claying most of the car waiting and expecting to run into some kind of contamination somewhere?! Well guess what, I didn’t... My mind was blown. I could not believe D115 actually protected his paint from bonded contaminants for 3+ yrs!Your Favorite Wash and WaxWow.

Once I was done with the detail I told him to keep doing what he’s doing because I had never even heard anyone claim to have the kind of results that he was having. Lol. I’ve certainly never seen it before and I’m too lazy to have accomplished it on my own ride for that long.

I did toss him a Griots PFM to replace his old Water Magnet.. I asked him the other day how that little gray towel is doing? He laughed and said he lost the Water Magnet on purpose, he doesn’t know or care where it is all he knows is he loves that little gray towel!Your Favorite Wash and Waxlol.

11. Likes GEM65, edwelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boudin View Post
    Mckee's Rinse free Wash and Wax is my favorite. Get a noticeable better gloss/glow on dark paints with it. Also very versitle for other uses such as instant detail and clay lube.

You should see how it does as a drying aid! 2oz mixed with 32oz of water. Been using it for months now. Xterra has never looked better after a wash!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Car Pro Hydrofoam. Crazy slick and actually leaves behind legitimate protection. McKee’s Si02 is a great wash as well.
    are those recommended on a car that isn't coated though? All mine are polymer sealed.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    To me, the whole W&W thing is for the clueless guy shopping in WalMart. Just a marketing ploy.

While there may be something left behind, it's nothing I would trust to truly protect as a real wax/spray wax would. JMO
    Kind of why I was asking. I have no illusions that this would take the place of anything I'm already doing, but do wonder if they are beneficial to a properly taken care of car that already has a lsp on it.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boudin View Post

I have some n914 that I use for waterless, haven't tried rinseless yet. Generally I'm ok with the doing full wash and rinse.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast