autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your Favorite Wash and Wax

I like Ultima Paint Guard Wash when I had Ultima Paint Guard Plus as a LSP. But think it would be great on a wax or sealant LSP of any kind. The lubrication and cleaning ability and the dilution and that it's rinses free is awesome. It's a little hidden gem IMO.

Ultima Paint Guard Wash, car shampoo, auto wash shampoo, car soap, lubricating car wash

/Tony

Post Thanks / Like

I like Chemical Guys Extreme Body Wash + Wax. Smells good, foams easily and maintains a good foam throughout the wash. This is not meant to take the place of a spray wax but does a nice job of cleaning while leaving a nice little gloss to the car. I have even used it in a foam gun with good results. Very economical as a little goes a long way - one ounce to five gallons.

Post Thanks / Like

Does the "WAX" portion of the wash and wax actually do anything? Does it leave any kind of protection on the surface? I was always skeptical of that concept and I never believed in it. I would at least want to finish it up with a spray wax.

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Does the "WAX" portion of the wash and wax actually do anything? Does it leave any kind of protection on the surface? I was always skeptical of that concept and I never believed in it. I would at least want to finish it up with a spray wax.
    To me, the whole W&W thing is for the clueless guy shopping in WalMart. Just a marketing ploy.

While there may be something left behind, it's nothing I would trust to truly protect as a real wax/spray wax would. JMO
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    I haven’t tried very many, but of the few I have I’ve never experienced 1 that will turn completely flat bare paint into suddenly beading after washing with it.

8. Likes PaulMys, UncleDavy, GEM65 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I haven’t tried very many, but of the few I have I’ve never experienced 1 that will turn completely flat bare paint into suddenly beading after washing with it.
    Have you tried Hydrofoam?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Have you tried Hydrofoam?
    No, and to be fair I wasn’t really including those type of washes, even through I knew some people had already lumped them into this conversation.

I’m only referring to the traditional plain style car washes i.e. the typical stuff you’d see OTC and in that same ballpark.. Everything from Zip Wax to McKee’s Power Wash & Gloss. I’ve never seen any sort of actual beading from those type of soaps.

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as OTC, Stoner coating wash is pretty damn good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    In my guesstimation, the glossenhancing car washes leave behind a bit of shine for a few days, basically the equivalent of a QD. I would never count on one to protect by itself but it could possibly/slightly reinforce the existing LSP if used often.

14. Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    In my guesstimation, the glossenhancing car washes leave behind a bit of shine for a few days, basically the equivalent of a QD. I would never count on one to protect by itself but it could possibly/slightly reinforce the existing LSP if used often.
    IMO I’ve never found that to be case. I’ve never noticed a car wash that contains so called gloss enhancers that left vehicles noticeably shinier, darker, or different in any way compared to soaps that don’t. If there was even a slight difference in the final results I wouldn’t be completely content with Megs Hyper Wash.

Generally speaking, [meaning not including some of these new fancy soaps] all car wash shampoos are basically created about as equal as detailing products get.

Just my 2 cents.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast