autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Gross! What's the dirtiest car you have ever seen?

I can never understand how people get their car so dirty.

Whenever I clean my gfs car (I’ll wipe down the interior like monthly) I always come back inside and ask her “how the hell do you get your interior so dusty????”

I can go months without even wiping mine down and it doesn’t get nearly as bad as hers.

Same thing when I clean seats for someone and I find massive amounts of crumbs embedded in all the seams. The hell you doin? How do you even get so many crumbs on the seat??? It’s like they’re crumbling up pretzels and sitting on them.

Edit: I guess I should say idk how people get their personal vehicles that dirty. Work trucks and stuff like that.. I just expect those to be pretty dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Farmallluvr, Belo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gross! What's the dirtiest car you have ever seen?

Heck the inside ( or outside for that matter)of my Honda isn't as clean as it should be given what I do for a living but it ain't that bad,I bought in Dec and I am just to busy with projects to do anything to it
    the finish is trashed as it has 110,000 miles and probably has never been waxed.
    I plan to do it soon,,I buffed a scratch out of the fender today and noticed that the black paint has different colored metallic chips in it,,real pretty,,but I couldn't tell before it was so hammered.
    the bodymans car is the last to get fixed,the mechanics car is last to get it's routine service and the detailers car is the last to get cleaned I guess.
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

4. Likes minerigger, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I read the title, I was getting ready to post some pics of a 2006 GMC Yukon XL I did last week, but you win.

6. Likes Farmallluvr, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have done one where it had live maggots in it under the rear seat. It was pretty bad but i got very good results in the end. I made a full post on it when i did it but dont know how to find it lol. Gross! What's the dirtiest car you have ever seen?-maggots-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I can never understand how people get their car so dirty.

Whenever I clean my gfs car (I’ll wipe down the interior like monthly) I always come back inside and ask her “how the hell do you get your interior so dusty????”

I can go months without even wiping mine down and it doesn’t get nearly as bad as hers.

Same thing when I clean seats for someone and I find massive amounts of crumbs embedded in all the seams. The hell you doin? How do you even get so many crumbs on the seat??? It’s like they’re crumbling up pretzels and sitting on them.

Edit: I guess I should say idk how people get their personal vehicles that dirty. Work trucks and stuff like that.. I just expect those to be pretty dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m with you. We don’t eat in our car, but seriously how do the cars get so dirty.

One thing we obsessed detailers have to keep in perspective is a lot of families use their vehicle like a “work” vehicle. To them it is just transportation and raising a family with kids is a lot of work. With that said, everyone knows how to operate a vacuum and has a bottle of 409 in their house

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farmallluvr View Post
    Had this beast roll through the shop today for a quick bath from our body shop.
    I don't understand how people can let their career this bad.
    I had to drive it and out for our wash girl because she refused to get in it.I can't blame her as I had to wear a respirator for the smell.
    I had trouble loading pictures because of my slow rural internet but here is 2 to give ya the jist
    pics of wash girl would be better
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oboroballa03 View Post
    I have done one where it had live maggots in it under the rear seat. It was pretty bad but i got very good results in the end. I made a full post on it when i did it but dont know how to find it lol. Gross! What's the dirtiest car you have ever seen?-maggots-jpg
    There's no way I could have done it. The car would have left worse than it came in like, because it would have vomit on top of maggots. I can't handle maggots. I have a pretty strong stomach till it comes to maggots.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was a VW Tech I had a 20,000 mile service on a Beetle Turbo. It had just under 20 on it, and about 1" deep cigareet ash on the entire floor and seats. It was literally an ash tray. Needless to say they didn't get their pollen filter replaced, as I would've had to crawl in it. Nope, wasn't happening. People are disgusting.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Ack disgusting. I want to see more though..hahaha. Preferably some before and after photos.

13. Likes LEDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    When I was a VW Tech I had a 20,000 mile service on a Beetle Turbo. It had just under 20 on it, and about 1" deep cigareet ash on the entire floor and seats. It was literally an ash tray. Needless to say they didn't get their pollen filter replaced, as I would've had to crawl in it. Nope, wasn't happening. People are disgusting.
    Because that customer would be very concerned with breathing in that harmful, improperly filtered, pollen filled air

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast