autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Brush or pad to wash truck?

Hey all - Just got my new truck and the good ole two bucket method with chenille wash mitt was very difficult. I am a little vertically challenged soit made the top hood rear window, you name it - painful. Are there any good soft brushes or pads I can use on a pole and not scratch the surface. It is a dark blue truck so I definitely don't want to scratch it. Appreciate any advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brush or pad to wash truck?

Have you thought about getting a step platform?

Post Thanks / Like

Have two of those - to be truthful they are a pain in the butt and still have to make it to the middle of the roof/hood. Was really hoping to get a wash mop with extendable handle. Problem is most get bad reviews. Looking for one that definitely won't scratch and works well.

4. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brush or pad to wash truck?

Quote Originally Posted by Toro1966 View Post
    Have two of those - to be truthful they are a pain in the butt and still have to make it to the middle of the roof/hood. Was really hoping to get a wash mop with extendable handle. Problem is most get bad reviews. Looking for one that definitely won't scratch and works well.
    I have a couple of them myself and yea I hear you... I don’t know of any great brushes or mops but hopefully someone who does chimes in for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Griots makes one that AG doesn’t carry. I’m not really sure if mentioning that is against the rules since AG carries griots products but not the wash mop in particular. If it is that’s my bad, and I’ll edit my post.

If you go to YouTube, auto fanatic has a couple videos talking about it. He loves the thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toro1966 View Post
    Hey all - Just got my new truck and the good ole two bucket method with chenille wash mitt was very difficult. I am a little vertically challenged soit made the top hood rear window, you name it - painful. Are there any good soft brushes or pads I can use on a pole and not scratch the surface. It is a dark blue truck so I definitely don't want to scratch it. Appreciate any advice.
    I use a really nice MicroFiber mitt that is on an extension pole. I bought it for when we had our van and it works great. I still use it on customer vehicles. No issues.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I wash the roof,windshield and back window with the brush,the rest is a mitt
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2500hd Silverado and just bought the triangle brush and highly recommend it. I can only reach about half of the hood so the brush with a telescoping handle is nice for the hood, windshield, and roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

Post Thanks / Like

I think of DIY one with a pole and a mf chenille mitt. The ones I have looked at so far is the chenille strands to few. I want a safe and plush mf when touching the paint. The added weight with a pole stick and the useally mf wash mitt or mf wash pads I use. I think could ad to much pressure from the weight it self. So a chenille mitt I would get a more cussion I think.

One of these mitts. And sow close the hand opening and cut open one of the sides that touch the paint. Get some stretching lace and sow it in the opened cut. And get a pole stick and get the pad to fit in the chenille mitt. Maybe ad some foam on the pad to get a little more cussion to it. And that way also get the added foam over the edge to make it safer if bumping into something.

Would think that it was more options on pole sticks and different mf materials to chose from. And most it would be some high quality ones that are safe to wash with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast