autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone compared BFs SiO2 spray sealant to Carpro Reload

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post

Pan made a video about Hydro Silex Recharge lasting 6-8 months. I have serious doubts about that and would love to see a real world comparisson test. To me it sounds like snake oil
    Pans “reviews” are more like narrations of the product descriptions. Cookie cutter and never has anything negative to say. According to him every product might as well be perfect. Lol.

2. Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has anyone compared BFs SiO2 spray sealant to Carpro Reload

Eldo, I'm fairly certain you'd LOVE the BF SiO2 Spray. I don't think I've ever used anything that gives as much for as little effort. Appearance = as good as any traditional sealant I've ever applied (and better than many). Ease of use = about like using a spray wax, you just need to work a little more quickly. Longevity = I need more time to comment. We will see, but after two weeks it looks like and reacts to water just as it did on day one. I'm impressed. It's almost coating-like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZpolisher15 View Post
    Eldo, I'm fairly certain you'd LOVE the BF SiO2 Spray. I don't think I've ever used anything that gives as much for as little effort. Appearance = as good as any traditional sealant I've ever applied (and better than many). Ease of use = about like using a spray wax, you just need to work a little more quickly. Longevity = I need more time to comment. We will see, but after two weeks it looks like and reacts to water just as it did on day one. I'm impressed. It's almost coating-like.
    Right now I’m pretty happy with the Ech2o/Reload hybrid. [3oz of each into a 32oz bottle] Not to mention, for about the same price of 1 RTU 32oz. bottle of Blackfire, I get Five 32oz. bottles of Ech2o/Reload spray mix.

5. Likes AZpolisher15 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZpolisher15 View Post
    We will see, but after two weeks it looks like and reacts to water just as it did on day one. I'm impressed. It's almost coating-like.
    Sheedding water like the day it was applied for 2 weeks isn't uncommon for a sealant. Doing so for 6-8 10 weeks I would consider it competing with the best sealants. Garaged/not garaged, wash product, and weather are also factors.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

7. Likes AZpolisher15, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Pans “reviews” are more like narrations of the product descriptions. Cookie cutter and never has anything negative to say. According to him every product might as well be perfect. Lol.
    Well for this product the person who sent it to him told him he was getting 6-8 months durability out of it. But... he is a reseller, so I really don't know how trustworthy that makes it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Right now I’m pretty happy with the Ech2o/Reload hybrid. [3oz of each into a 32oz bottle] Not to mention, for about the same price of 1 RTU 32oz. bottle of Blackfire, I get Five 32oz. bottles of Ech2o/Reload spray mix.
    I like that combo too, but if Reload is a 1 month product, I wonder how durable this can be? I use it as a drying aid, so I don't know how it would work as a standalone product. It does bring the cost down a lot from using Reload as a drying aid... about a fifth of the cost, so that is pretty nice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I like that combo too, but if Reload is a 1 month product, I wonder how durable this can be? I use it as a drying aid, so I don't know how it would work as a standalone product. It does bring the cost down a lot from using Reload as a drying aid... about a fifth of the cost, so that is pretty nice
    To me using these sealants as drying aids, you're watering them down to an extent. I spoke with Nick @ McKees and he recommended me to use his 10 min sealant as a drying aid. It'll add to the coating and add gloss etc

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Has anyone compared BFs SiO2 spray sealant to Carpro Reload

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has compared the two spray selant yet, side by side or at all. The sale going on now would make it priced very very nicely.
    IÂ’ve used both CarPro Reload and BF SiO2 spray sealant. I was a fan of reload, excellent product but you have to be really careful to avoid streaking. That is why I ordered a bottle of BF SiO2 spray sealant, to have another option. Definitely, BF is easier to apply, gloss is even better and also cheaper!!! Indeed, I ordered a gallon (taking advantage of te a 25% off sale) to used as a drying aid. Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve done some testing on 12 different SiO2 toppers and my question for everyone is when do you say a product is dead or ready for reapplication? Is it when beading deteriorates where water runs instead of beads or is it when the beads are not tight? Or maybe when the gloss deteriorates? Other?

Second question: Why use a topper over a coating? To save the coating? To protect the coating from waterspots? To add gloss? Can’t keep your hands off of your car? Other?

I think these are valid questions and until we can set values and reasons it is near impossible to have a meaningful discussion on SiO2 toppers. It’s kind of like saying Product X lasts 6 months only to see an asterisk next to it that says “only if vehicles is stored indoors”.

I could be digging too deep but we all want to know which product will last the longest or have the most gloss. We can’t depend on manufacturers claims as they are in it for dollars and I don’t think Consumer Reports loves us. Lol.

13. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

RLM, my top needs for topping with a SiO2 over non-coatings is: 1) Gloss 2) Adding nice water behavior 3) Extra protection 4) Extending LSP durability (by being sacrificial). In that order, but they are all pretty close.

Sorry, I know your question applied to topping coatings, where my #2 would become a non-factor, but it’s given my preference of LSP (sealants and waxes).

15. Thanks rlmccarty2000, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast