autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2 polishers down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    My Rupes 21ES broke 2 weeks ago. It has been at a repair shop for over a week now. I talked to them friday and he said a preliminary check was done and all the usual culprits were not at fault (worn brushes, broken electric cable, defective switch). So it's something more complicated and their tech for this type of tool was on vacation this week. Might have an answer next week.
    Sorry to hear about the issue. Where did you send it for repair?

While waiting I tried to find a Canadian Service Center for Rupes. Was not able to find anything on Google. I tried contacting the Rupes rep on Autogeek by private email... over a week now, still no answer. I also sent an email to Rupes USA asking how to proceed to fix a Rupes tool in Canada... over a week now... still no answer.... seeing a pattern here? Very disapointing.
    We don't have an official repair center in Canada (just for the record) but, I apologize for not getting your PM, my box is currently full. I cannot comment on Todds, but see this post -
    Have a problem with a RUPES polisher or product?

The forums are not actively monitored by our team so I only saw this post after an AGO member was kind enough to send me the link to let me know.

Where did you send the email to RUPES USA? I don't have any emails personally - customer service will be in the office in about 5 minutes and I'll have them scour their inboxes, but all the general contact mailboxes don't appear to have any emails about this issue and if it was overlooked I'll want to get to the bottom of why. In the future feel free to use the contact us form at Contact Us - RUPES USA

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I am reading more & more threads about Rupes machines failing. Ok, maybe a manufacturing problem.

But each thread I seem to read ends in "No response" or "Send it in for $80-100+)

Yeah, no thanks.

Their machines may be the greatest thing on the planet, but if they ignore problems and have issues, (as any company will have) That is a HUGE deterrence of the purchase of one of this companies machines.

You really need to at least ANSWER people with problems. JMO
    Please see above - we don't actively monitor forums, but make our contact points extremely well known. rupesusa.com, facebook.com/rupesusa and of course simply calling during business hours (970)535-0100 for any customer in North America.

As far as threads about failing - perception is a funny thing, especially when veiwed thru the lens of online forums and social media instead of the real world. I'd venture to guess we sell more polishers than any of our competitors by a large margin (I can actually verify it, but we'll leave that alone for now). Putting it into a though exercise:

If company A sells 1,000 tools and company B sells 100 tools and both companies are equal in quality having a 1% defect rate then there are potentially 10 defective tools for company A and 1 for company B. Same defect rate, different saturation in the market, but of course the perception is that there are more problems with the tools from company A. Even if company A had a 0.5% failure rate versus company B with a 1% failure rate, their sales and market penetration would lead you to believe there is an issue. Again - perception is a funny thing when viewed purely online.

Well, in my case my machine is a few years old. I can't remember when I purchased it exactly but it has been about 4 years I think. Up till it failled, it worked perfectly. Not sure what is wrong with it or what happened. I worked fine, stored it, took it out of the tool box the next day and it was dead... so?????
    Depending on useage could be any number of things - carbon brushes could easily be worn out in 4 years with sufficient use. Cord weakened possibly... impossible to know without seeing the tool in person. We actually offer a flat rate repair service for out of warranty tools (Service Requests - RUPES USA) that address nearly anything with a polisher -except for damage to the rotor/stator in the middle of the tool- for $85. Being in Canada there would be some additional fees to cover shipping, but $85+ s&h and not only would the root cause be repaired, but we'd also replace any cracked/damaged housing parts, the cord, the module, the brushes, and give the tool in internal cleaning and factory spec lube with a fresh 90 day warranty on parts/labor.

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    But it's made in Italy...that automatically means it's the best right?
    Acutally the LHR21 and LHR15 models have been made here in our US facility for a little while now.

RUPES Bigfoot Production Officially Starts in the USA - RUPES USA

RUPES BigFoot Production Officially Starts in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Justin at Final Inspection View Post
    My BOSS G21 failed at the beginning of the month. Sent it in and they notified me that they are sending me a new one. Only issue is they don't have anymore G21 in stock and it won't be sent out until 23-25 of this month.

So I had to grab a new Rupes 21 Mark ll for backup. Great machine so far.
    Glad you're enjoying your Mark II - part of the benefit of the product actually being built here in the US and RUPES being the manufacturer (not a private label from an overseas company) is that we stock a full selection of parts and have factory trained techs to repair tools (most repairs take only 1-2 business days for customers in North America) so we're never waiting on that container from China to show up so we can replace a tool.

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For future reference - in case anyone stubles on this thread. For some reason I am unable to add a signature here on AGO and can't edit the sticky at the top of the RUPES section:

Contacts at RUPES USA:
    Information can always be found at Home - RUPES USA for our customers in North America. Anywhere else in the world please contact the Italian HQ via their website: Rupes

Phone: (970)535-0100 or toll free (877)224-5750
    Offices are open from 8am to 4pm Monday thru Friday (excluding holidays)
    Email: info@rupesusa.com is a general email box and will be routed to the appropriate department

Repair office:
    support@rupesusa.com or dial ext 555 when calling the main line. Email tends to be best, but call if you feel more comfortable (standard office hours apply)

If you need a repair (warranty or not) visit Service Requests - RUPES USA (customers in North America)

-------

To contact me directly:
    dylanv@rupesusa.com

To contact Todd Helme directly:
    toddh@rupesusa.com

Post Thanks / Like

After 4 years of heavy duty pro use. I think this alone would be worth the 85$:

"replace any cracked/damaged housing parts, the cord, the module, the brushes, and give the tool in internal cleaning and factory spec lube with a fresh 90 day warranty on parts/labor. "

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    I dont think you read this thread properly or it seems like you have joined in on an anti Rupes campaign just like your fellow pal judging from your recent posts. Regardless I’m sure this response from me will curb your nonsensical posts in future.

Also read slowly, the Flex keeps breaking.
    "Didn't read the thread properly"? "Also read slowly"?

My, you're an angry little fellow.

I made my post regarding the level of customer service I've read about in many other posts. "Anti-Rupes campaign"? "Fellow Pal"? Yeah, I'm not sure what you are getting at there........

One thing I am quite sure of though: In no way, shape, or form will you "Curb my posts" about something I have observed and want to post about.

Read THAT slowly.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Thanks RZJZA80 thanked for this post
    Likes UncleDavy, sudsmobile, Finick, RZJZA80 liked this post
    Dislikes Ronin47 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post
    Sorry to hear about the issue. Where did you send it for repair?

We don't have an official repair center in Canada (just for the record) but, I apologize for not getting your PM, my box is currently full. I cannot comment on Todds, but see this post -

The forums are not actively monitored by our team so I only saw this post after an AGO member was kind enough to send me the link to let me know.

Where did you send the email to RUPES USA? I don't have any emails personally - customer service will be in the office in about 5 minutes and I'll have them scour their inboxes, but all the general contact mailboxes don't appear to have any emails about this issue and if it was overlooked I'll want to get to the bottom of why. In the future feel free to use the contact us form at Contact Us - RUPES USA

Please see above - we don't actively monitor forums, but make our contact points extremely well known. rupesusa.com, facebook.com/rupesusa and of course simply calling during business hours (970)535-0100 for any customer in North America.

As far as threads about failing - perception is a funny thing, especially when veiwed thru the lens of online forums and social media instead of the real world. I'd venture to guess we sell more polishers than any of our competitors by a large margin (I can actually verify it, but we'll leave that alone for now). Putting it into a though exercise:

If company A sells 1,000 tools and company B sells 100 tools and both companies are equal in quality having a 1% defect rate then there are potentially 10 defective tools for company A and 1 for company B. Same defect rate, different saturation in the market, but of course the perception is that there are more problems with the tools from company A. Even if company A had a 0.5% failure rate versus company B with a 1% failure rate, their sales and market penetration would lead you to believe there is an issue. Again - perception is a funny thing when viewed purely online.

Depending on useage could be any number of things - carbon brushes could easily be worn out in 4 years with sufficient use. Cord weakened possibly... impossible to know without seeing the tool in person. We actually offer a flat rate repair service for out of warranty tools (Service Requests - RUPES USA) that address nearly anything with a polisher -except for damage to the rotor/stator in the middle of the tool- for $85. Being in Canada there would be some additional fees to cover shipping, but $85+ s&h and not only would the root cause be repaired, but we'd also replace any cracked/damaged housing parts, the cord, the module, the brushes, and give the tool in internal cleaning and factory spec lube with a fresh 90 day warranty on parts/labor.

Acutally the LHR21 and LHR15 models have been made here in our US facility for a little while now.

RUPES Bigfoot Production Officially Starts in the USA - RUPES USA

RUPES BigFoot Production Officially Starts in the USA

Glad you're enjoying your Mark II - part of the benefit of the product actually being built here in the US and RUPES being the manufacturer (not a private label from an overseas company) is that we stock a full selection of parts and have factory trained techs to repair tools (most repairs take only 1-2 business days for customers in North America) so we're never waiting on that container from China to show up so we can replace a tool.
    Thank you for this post, Dylan. You are a true professional with professional replies to honest questions.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Dylan@RUPES;1586368]Sorry to hear about the issue. Where did you send it for repair?

Just a local repair shop. They service any kind of tool. The tech told me they don't have parts for Rupes tools but could probably order them. Anyway, they have had my machine for 10 days now and still don't have a diagnostic other than it's not the cord, switch or brushes. So tomorrow I think I will go pick it up and find an other way to get it fixed. This is my main tool and my Boss 15mm will not be here until Friday, so I am getting impatient with 2 coating jobs to do before then.

Considering shipping fees are ridiculous between the USA and Canada, it ridiculous Rupes doesn't have an authorized repair center anywhere in the country. Doesn't even have to be a shop operated by Rupes, just train a company here and give them the business.

Autogeek has always have top notch service. Glad they helped.

It's been almost two weeks, so I am not certain. What I did is Google Rupes Repair Canada.... came up empty. Did the same with Rupes Repair USA and got a link. Went there and sent an email using the contact us link I think, or something like that. So it was a form I filled on the website, not an email I sent from my email software, so I don't have an address to give you.

I will likelly have to do that. Will need to check how much it will cost to send it by courrier to you. I am guessing it will be crazy expensive. As for the defect, I was told it's none of what you listed. I don't see how the motor can work perfectly and then while in storage break. So it's probably something else but I have no idea what. Unless of course the tech that checked my machine missed something or is misleading me.

Well, thanks for the answer Dylan. I will probably send you the tool tomorrow unless shipping is so expensive it would not make it reasonable to fix it that way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123