autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Exterior Trim Sealants

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Is the Blackfire Total Trim & Tire Sealant so bad that it’s not even worth mentioning in the same breath as the Blackfire AIO Tire & Trim Sealant?
    I don't understand the question. I'm referring to the old discontinued version of Blackfire All In One Tire & Trim Protectant:
    BLACKFIRE All-In-One Trim & Tire Protectant, tire dressing, tire protectant, whitewall tire cleaner

Not familiar with the sealant... The product I'm mentioning was awesome for everything. It could be used on the hard plastics, as well as rubber, to include tires and trim. Most products available can only do one or the other, and they do not included cleaners. The old BF product, cleaned, and enhanced rubber & plastics. And had pretty decent longevity.

My point was, I have yet to find a product as good that can do all those things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    I don't understand the question. I'm referring to the old discontinued version of Blackfire All In One Tire & Trim Protectant:
    BLACKFIRE All-In-One Trim & Tire Protectant, tire dressing, tire protectant, whitewall tire cleaner

Not familiar with the sealant... The product I'm mentioning was awesome for everything. It could be used on the hard plastics, as well as rubber, to include tires and trim. Most products available can only do one or the other, and they do not included cleaners. The old BF product, cleaned, and enhanced rubber & plastics. And had pretty decent longevity.

My point was, I have yet to find a product as good that can do all those things.
    This is the stuff I’m talking about.

Sure it doesn’t clean at the same time like the other 1, but who really cares about that? It’s not like I’ve ever been in a situation where I’m dressing dirty trim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    This is the stuff I’m talking about.

Sure it doesn’t clean at the same time like the other 1, but who really cares about that? It’s not like I’ve ever been in a situation where I’m dressing dirty trim.
    I'll have to check through my mess and see if I have a sample of that stuff.

If it's worth anything, The old AIO Trim & Tire is pretty good. I applied this back on May 12. Still looks good.

4. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've gotten about 18 months out of 303 and it's still good. Pretty reasonably priced also.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

6. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've tried WETS. Works great, but a little too pricey.

I'm really into Mckee's Trim restore. I applied some in October, and it held up almost until April before I started to see some failing. (Not bad for a whole NY winter).

I got to clean and apply a new coat on the 7th. Trim looks black & new, and the McKee's beads water like crazy.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any of the products mentioned in this thread similar to the discontinued Turtle Wax Trim Coat?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123