autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What do I need???

I am getting less time to keep my vehicles clean but can't stand it when they get dirty/dust from driving! I was thinking a rinseless or waterless is the answer because from what I gather, using a spray detailer could scratch the paint with the amount of dust that gets on the vehicle after driving. I keep the vehicles clean so was thinking if I could cut out a bucket and hose wash because the time that is involved (especially with the drying) it would save me a lot of time... especially since it's usually just dust, but I think it is too much dust for a spray detailer.

What is better/safer for the paint, rinseless or waterless? Can anyone recommend a product or what are the best out right now?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do I need???

In my opinion rinseless is a much safer method to wash a car than waterless. I like McKees n914 as it can be used for rinseless as well as clay lube, panel wipe, etc depending on the dilution.

YouTube

This is a good video showing the technique I use for waterless, it's basically the Garry Dean method.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Get some Wolfgang Uber rinseless, about a dozen quality MF towels, and a Griot's Garage PFM drying towel.

Thank me later.........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO a Rinseless wash is the best way to go. I do not do waterless wash PERIOD. Less chances of scratching IMO
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

5. Likes PaulMys, dcjredline liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless provides more moisture and more lubricity but it is also okay to do a combination of both. You could do a presoak with a waterless solution (3/4 oz of Wolfgang Uber per 32 oz of water). I use a waterless for the extreme bottom of each panel, then a rinseless on the rest of the vehicle. I don't like to booger up my wash mitt with the schmutz from the bottom.
    Wolfgang Uber is a superb product. I finally bought a gallon jug.

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Up until yesterday, it has been a while since I have been on here. After reading a little, things are starting to come back to me a little...I think what I am looking for is a universal product? What I mean by that is I thought some of the companies made a product that depending what ratio you mixed it, depended what you were going to use it for? IE: one solution is for rinseless, one solution is for waterless, one solution for quick detailer? Is there such products out there? If so what does everyone recommend or like the best? I believe I am asking pretty much the same question as I did above but I just wanted to be more clear now that I am remembering a little more. I'm probably wrong but I thought a year or so ago a lot people were saying d115 for what I'm trying to look for...a universal product depending on the mixture ratio?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

The four responses above your last post is sooooo spot on!

Do that and you'll be happy.

I love the McKee's N914. Easy to make rinseless AND waterless.

For waterless, I get a gallon of distilled water. Open and pour out a bit of water just enough to pour in 1 oz N914 and shake. Get sprayer bottles from home depot. I like the ones with wide opening---easier to pour in.

Rinseless, Pour in 1 oz of N914 to 2 gallons. Bam...good to go!

Love this stuff---cleans so well!

On very high dollar cars---I tend to be on the safe side and use both waterless and rinseless.

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

10. Likes Belo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

McKees N914, Opitimum No Rinse and Wolfgang Uber are all forum favorites that can be used as a rinseless or waterless solution depending on the mixture ratio. I am a fan of Wolfgang Uber which uses 1 oz of concentrate per 3 gallons of water for a rinseless wash. 3/4 oz of concentrate per 32 oz of distilled water makes my waterless/detail spray/drying aid solution.

12. Likes TMQ, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone!
    After doing a little more digging, I'm leaning towards doing a combination of waterless and rinseless at the same time to be safe.
    It seems like a toss up between McKee's and Wolfgang...seems like Wolfgang gets ever so slightly more of a nod from what I've read so I think I will give that try.

Post Thanks / Like

I have and use both Wolfgang and McKee's N-914. If your car has a ceramic coating use N-914 because it does not leave anything behind. Wolfgang leaves polymers/gloss enhancers which over time will reduce the self cleaning ability of a coating. But if your car is not coated I say get Wolfgang. I like it better than N-914.
    Bruno Soares

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.