autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Clean inside door panel.

Hello.

I would like to know how I can clean inside parts of door panels and rocker panels (the painted parts that are not exposed to outside).

Can I just use APC and cloth, and wiped it down? Or do I have to use degreaser only? I will also be applying wax or sealant on these parts as well.

Also, I learned I have to clean crevices between rubber sills and metal panels. Can I also use APC using Q-Tips? And then apply 303 Aerospace Protectant for protection?

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Clean inside door panel.

Quote Originally Posted by E93to View Post
    Hello.

I would like to know how I can clean inside parts of door panels and rocker panels (the painted parts that are not exposed to outside).

Can I just use APC and cloth, and wiped it down? Or do I have to use degreaser only? I will also be applying wax or sealant on these parts as well.

Also, I learned I have to clean crevices between rubber sills and metal panels. Can I also use APC using Q-Tips? And then apply 303 Aerospace Protectant for protection?

Thanks in advance
    You can use APC for the 1st time or even diluted degreaser if it looks like it hasn’t been cleaned in forever.. From then on you can get away with using rinseless wash solution from a spray bottle or a bucket if you prefer it that way. A quik wipe down after a bucket wash brings it back to looking great.

You could even use a spray wax in place of the rinseless wash, but the 1st time use whatever you need to use to get the initial cleaning done. From there maintenance is easy as long as you stay on top of it.

And yea 303 Protectant should work well to maintain the weatherstripping looking, feeling, and performing like new for a very long time. I use Hyper Dressing.

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clean inside door panel.

For the doors and rocker panels/kick plates I simply spray a folded microfiber towel with either rinseless wash or spray wax and wipe down. Thats for vehicles that are well maintained.

If it’s a full on dirty vehicle I use APC for the wipedown and go from there.

As far as applying the protectant/dressing onto the weatherstripping, I use a round microfiber applicator and spray it a couple of times with product and just wipedown the rubber weatherstripping, making sure to not leave any excess. As far as the rubber hoses inside the door jambs, I use an aerosol spray dressing, Meguiars D4510 Plastic & Vinyl Coating for those hard to reach areas.

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reply. Really informative and helpful.

I always wipe those parts with MF towels after car wash (hand-wash, of course). It is always wet there, so as I wipe those parts with wet MF towels, they are always clean.

I was just wondering how to better-protect my car as it is getting old now. I guess applying actual sealant or wax on those painted parts is an overkill? Would it suffice to just use spray wax like Armor All Ultimate Quik Wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Also, Gummi Pflege works well for rubber door seals.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Likes rlmccarty2000, Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Clean inside door panel.

Quote Originally Posted by E93to View Post

I was just wondering how to better-protect my car as it is getting old now. I guess applying actual sealant or wax on those painted parts is an overkill? Would it suffice to just use spray wax like Armor All Ultimate Quik Wax?
    That’s where my supply of spray wax gets used the most. I use the equivalent to Ultimate Spray Wax that’s sold in gallon size - Megs D156 Synthetic Spray Wax.
    It wipes away any remaining water spots and leaves a smooth shiny and protected door jamb.Clean inside door panel.

10. Likes JRP, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

303, Wurth, and Nextzett make protectants for rubber seals in a lipstick type applicator that make applying the protectant a breeze. Everyone should have this in their Detailing arsenal. Just makes life easier.

12. Likes PaulMys, Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    303, Wurth, and Nextzett make protectants for rubber seals in a lipstick type applicator that make applying the protectant a breeze. Everyone should have this in their Detailing arsenal. Just makes life easier.
    Exactly.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

We typically use a terry towel and some APC to clean them if they're really grimy and on cars we regularly maintain or cars with clean jambs, like others have suggested, we use a clean microfiber "jamb" towel (CG Red Supra) and some spray wax to touch them up.

Post Thanks / Like

If they have never been cleaned before you will probably have to use an APC to remove the grime. After that I just use a detail spray made with Wolfgang Uber and a microfiber towel. I hit the seals with 303 but that lipstick type applicator sounds interesting. That might have to be next on the list.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast