autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

303 Aerospace Protectant on car paints????

I usually put 2 coats of Klasse sealant (might go back to using Zaino sealant as I think it gives more depth and wet look to my white paint instead of Klasse's glossy appearance) and 2 coats of Collinite 845.

I was told by a friend that he just applies 303 Aerospace Protectant (vinyl and rubber protectant) on car paint. I've personally seen his car, and the shine was undeniable... Or maybe my mind was playing tricks as he constantly argued 303 Protectant is better than any waxes...

Has anyone applied 303 Aerospace Protectant on car paints before? Can the protectant designed for rubber and vinyl be applied to car paints? Was the shine better than traditional sealant and wax? Would you recommend topping sealant and wax with 303 Aerospace Protectant?

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 303 Aerospace Protectant on car paints????

I never tried, but I remember people doing this sometime between 2005-2010. 303 is for plastics as well as vinyl and rubber. The were spraying it on a black pad and then working it in at a slow speed with a DA. I guess the idea was that clear coat was similar to clear plastic in a way. The 303 would keep the clear coat 'fed' and replenish the UV blockers/absorbers. I think that people were kind of using it as a glazing step and then applying a wax on top.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    I never tried, but I remember people doing this sometime between 2005-2010. 303 is for plastics as well as vinyl and rubber. The were spraying it on a black pad and then working it in at a slow speed with a DA. I guess the idea was that clear coat was similar to clear plastic in a way. The 303 would keep the clear coat 'fed' and replenish the UV blockers/absorbers. I think that people were kind of using it as a glazing step and then applying a wax on top.
    Hello. Thanks for the reply.

Shouldn't glaze be applied on top of everything? I thought wax wouldn't adhere to glaze... Speaking of glaze, I already have Griot's Garage glaze. Should I use that instead?

Post Thanks / Like

303 Aerospace Protectant on car paints????

Zanio, Klasse, klasse twins, glaze everything. It’s like a late 90’s flashback.

I tried 303 on paint 15+ years ago when the bottle said you could use on pretty much anything. It ended with a streaky mess that looked even worse after the first rain.

OP- you might find some of the newer products in the market providing more protection, great shine & super easy use compared to some of the classic products we used to use.

Collinite 845 you mentioned is still a great classic product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post

I tried 303 on paint 15+ years ago when the bottle said you could use on pretty much anything. It ended with a streaky mess that looked even worse after the first rain.

OP- you might find some of the newer products in the market providing more protection, great shine & super easy use compared to some of the classic products we used to use.

Hello. Thanks for your reply.

As for newer products that are easier to use, could you list some examples? I'm not a pro detailer, I would appreciate some product recommendations.

Also, I'm stuck with Klasse and Collinite for the next 2 years or so... I still have a ton of these left in the bottles. As for 303 Protectant, I already have it anyway, so I was just wondering whether it could be safely applied to the exterior, especially since my friend claimed it is better.

Post Thanks / Like

It is not better. I've tried it, doesn't last long on paint, read about McKees 10 minute paint sealant if you want one of the new technologies that is much easier than what you're using now. Also carpro reload, blackfire si02 spray or Ultima paint guard plus.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrq0604 View Post
    As for newer products that are easier to use, could you list some examples? I'm not a pro detailer, I would appreciate some product recommendations.
    For a white car, you can not go wrong with: Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax, high melt polymer car wax, Finish care auto wax

Inexpensive, durable, easy to apply, terrific self cleaning ability, and makes white paint "pop" better than Zaino (imho - and I used Zaino religiously for over 10 years!). No need to top it with anything else.

Or, if you are willing to shell out the big bucks look at Polish Angel Cosmic V2. You will be blown away by the looks. Polish Angel Cosmic Kit V2
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post

Collinite 845 you mentioned is still a great classic product.

What about Blue Coral and Turtle Wax? No love for those?

9. Likes Ebg18t liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    For a white car, you can not go wrong with: Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax, high melt polymer car wax, Finish care auto wax

Inexpensive, durable, easy to apply, terrific self cleaning ability, and makes white paint "pop" better than Zaino (imho - and I used Zaino religiously for over 10 years!). No need to top it with anything else.

Or, if you are willing to shell out the big bucks look at Polish Angel Cosmic V2. You will be blown away by the looks. Polish Angel Cosmic Kit V2
    So are Finish Kare and Polish Angel sealants? I still want to top it off with Collinite 845 since I have it anyways.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think 303 is strong enough paint protection, we use Q2M WETCOAT from Gyeon.
    Professional Car Detailing in Toronto. www.rsautospa.ca - Ceramic Coating - Paint Protection Film featuring best clear bra brands from: SunTek Ultra, STEK.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast