autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Quickest way to get 'er done?

Okay, need some advice. Here is the scenario:

You just washed and waxed your baby on Saturday. Since then, there has been rainfall, pollen, and lawn trimmings attacking her. She's looked better. But she's also looked worse. You haven't driven her since Saturday, so there is no caked on mud or brake dust to contend with. Just the usual detritus from sitting parked outside.

Now, it's Wednesday. You have somewhere to go after work and you want her to look her best. You're short on time, so it's got to be quick.

What do you do?

Edit: Answer cannot be "hose it down" as I don't have running water outside.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quickest way to get 'er done?

Waterless or rinseless maybe with ONR. Leaf blower first maybe.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

Use a waterless wash.

Have plenty of clean microfiber towels and wipe the car down with a waterless wash.

The difference between using a waterless wash and a spray detailer is with a waterless wash, you spray down a LOT of product, not a mist or two.

Then wipe with one side of a folded towel. Turn to clean side and wipe again, repeat.

We have a video on this on our YouTube Channel and if you Google a few key words like

waterless wash video mike Phillips

It will probably pull right up.

4. Likes 6od liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Here you go....

Fast forward to the 5:56 time mark

Note: The above video will NOT show up if you're viewing this page using Microsoft's broken down Internet Explorer.

Bill Gates no longer a leader, can't even keep up with the pack. Sad.

6. Likes 6od liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill Gates transitioned Microsoft to Edge which actually works quite well for a product that's not Chrome. Internet Explorer hasn't been relevant outside big business for 15 years.

8. Likes 6od liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless with Gary Dean method. If mine is just dust like that and the wheels are good I can get it done in 20-30 minutes.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post

Internet Explorer hasn't been relevant outside big business for 15 years.
    I think I qualify as a "power user" of vBulletin discussion forum software, (the interface I'm typing on right now), and it's only been recently that Chrome, Safari and Firefox updated their browsers to take full advantage of all the features in vBulletin. So while I agree for the masses IE has not been relevant for 15 years, I've been posting to forums for 16 years and I use ALL the features available and I use them a lot.

But yeah... thankfully the other browsers now work.

11. Likes 6od liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post

Rinseless with Gary Dean method.

I show the Gary Dean method in the first part of the video I shared above. I don't reference it as the Gary Dean method as I think there was actually another guy that came up with the idea years ago, it's just Gary made it popular and gave it a name.

Setec Astronomy sent me the link and name of the guy that actually came up with the very simple idea of dunking a bunch of towels into a bucket of rinseless wash instead of dunking a single towel into a bucket of rinseless wash.

Super simple idea but in my opinion the only way to do a rinseless wash. Of course it means having plenty of clean microfiber towels on hand in the first place as every serious enthusiast or pro detailer should have.

13. Likes PaulMys, 6od liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Here's a screenshot of the rinseless wash section,

Note the use of a Grit Guard Universal Detailing Car to hold the bucket?

This way you don't have to bend over and over and over....

To me, if a guy can afford it, this car is a great investment for any type of car washing as you have your bucket elevated and place to store all your car washing tools.

Also you can see the Grit Guard Insert for the bucket and the huge stack of microfiber towels.

15. Likes Guyb, rajon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I show the Gary Dean method in the first part of the video I shared above. I don't reference it as the Gary Dean method as I think there was actually another guy that came up with the idea years ago, it's just Gary made it popular and gave it a name.

Setec Astronomy sent me the link and name of the guy that actually came up with the very simple idea of dunking a bunch of towels into a bucket of rinseless wash instead of dunking a single towel into a bucket of rinseless wash.

Super simple idea but in my opinion the only way to do a rinseless wash. Of course it means having plenty of clean microfiber towels on hand in the first place as every serious enthusiast or pro detailer should have.

That's kinda like how I came up with the Ipa wipe down/insurance pass a long time ago but never named it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast