autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CSL+EXO versus Syncro

Title says it. After a disappointing result with only CSL, it’s obvious to me that it is best paired with EXO for maximum result.

The obvious competitors are Gyeon’s Syncro offering, or CQUK + Gliss.

Most reports I’ve heard on gliss are less than stellar. So I’m focused on CSL Black (CSL plus exov4) or Syncro for an upcoming job.

So who’s used both and what’s your perspective? What are the pluses and minuses and if you could do it again, which way would you go?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CSL+EXO versus Syncro

Exo V4 is supposedly a proper stand alone coating too not just a topper only so my guess is CSL+ Exo V4 should have the edge over Syncro.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t used exo v4 but I have used both Syncro and CSL + Exo V3.

Syncro hands down easier to use. Skin is slicker than exo.

I just used CSL + Exo but haven’t washed the car yet so I can’t comment on which is more hydrophobic. Skin is hard to beat in that aspect.

Mohs is just as easy to use as CSL. They resemble each other in that regard. The difference is the Mohs requires at a minimum 2 coats where CSL is one coat. But skin only needs 1 coat where Exo is recommend to have 2. So it’s a toss up. Skin is way easier to use than Exo.

Exo V4 is supposed to be easier to use than V3.

If you want to try your hand at something different then give Syncro a go. It’s been great in my dads car over the past few months.

4. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

I just used CSL + Exo but haven’t washed the car yet so I can’t comment on which is more hydrophobic. Skin is hard to beat in that aspect.

Mohs is just as easy to use as CSL. They resemble each other in that regard. The difference is the Mohs requires at a minimum 2 coats where CSL is one coat. But skin only needs 1 coat where Exo is recommend to have 2. So it’s a toss up. Skin is way easier to use than Exo.

If you want to try your hand at something different then give Syncro a go. It’s been great in my dads car over the past few months.

Can't comment on EXO and CSL. Syncro however is my new found favorite. I offer Cquartz as it's a highly demanded name brand but Gliss IMO is a waste. I just did a side by side on my car which has two coats of Cquartz and topped with gliss and completely stripped two panels and re-coated them with Syncro. After our recent rain storm the difference was huge. I have my wifes car "syncro-zied" and I love it. I'll be doing the rest of my car including inside the door jambs, etc over the next few weeks.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

CSL + EXO + C2V3 (2-4 coats of the EXO) is the closest you can get to Crystal Serum Black (the franchise only version). I’ve seen some go a extra step further and add C1 to the equation. But I don’t think the C1 is necessary. As long as you do at least 2 layers of EXO over the CSL and maintain with the C2V3. It will last you forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

I wonder if they are still going to recommend 2 coats of EXO when using v4. It sounds like they beefed that up quite a bit.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I wonder if they are still going to recommend 2 coats of EXO when using v4. It sounds like they beefed that up quite a bit.
    They still do. Posted the product description in this thread over on Autopia.

Gtechniq EXO V4 Released tomorrow?
    Gtechniq EXO V4 Released tomorrow?

9. Thanks DaveT435 thanked for this post
    Likes DaveT435 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My base comparison has always been C1+EXOv2, since that was the first coating I used. Simply amazing gloss and hydrophobicity. In a few weeks, I'll be using Syncro given my great success with Mohs nearly 2 years ago. Unlike the instructions state (and Guz), I used only one coat of Mohs before topping with Kamikaze. Probably could have gotten 2 years out of Mohs had I actually used two layers.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 coats of c2v3 and 1 coat of high gloss cars never looked better. I know they are not "real" coatings but still.

Post Thanks / Like

When looking at product descriptions, and cost, it seems that Syncro isn't stated to last as long as CSL+EXO. List price for Syncro is $50 more than CSL and EXO.

Sycnro states 18-24mo between the two products, which to be honest is a little disappointing. I don't know what portion of that timeframe is represented by Skin and the rest by Mohs, but CSL in two layers is stated by Gtechniq at 3-5 years with EXO being 'up to 2 years'. This, to me, seems to indicate that you'd get at least a year up to two out of EXO, at which point if EXO were to wear off, you still have the unadulterated layers of CSL below. Obviously longevity claims are to be taken with a grain of salt, but the fact that the company is willing to stick their neck out and provide those numbers says something.
    Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast