I initially posted this over at the ClubLexus forum (which is how I found this forum) but didn't get much help regarding spray waxes/detailer sprays used while drying, so I thought since this whole site is about car care, I might as well give it a shot here.
As the title states, I'm new to this proper way of car washing. I first started to compile a list of things to buy so I could give my car a thorough wash/clay/wax… but then I started to read about polishing and I cut myself off. I know I could buy the things needed to do ALL these things myself and learn to do them properly, but I already have an expensive hobby (records) that takes up my spare $$$ and time. I've since decided that I'm gonna pay someone else to do a real good job once or maybe twice a year - and I’ll do the rest. I'm either gonna have a full paint correction + coating done relatively soon, or just pay for a good detail/polish/sealant sooner and get the correction/coating later, maybe in 6 months (seeing as it's upwards of $1k if you want it done by someone who actually knows what they're doing).
So for my maintenance washes... Here's what I have so far:
EXTERIOR:

• 2 grit guards + 2 5-gal HD buckets
  • Meguiar’s Gold Class Shampoo
  • Gilmour Cleaning Sprayer Foamaster II Multi-ratio Spray Gun
  • Chemical Guys wash mitt
  • Meguiar’s Supreme Shine Microfiber towels (2x 3-packs)
  • 1 Meg's Water Magnet Drying towel
  • 1 Rag company Eagle Edgeless 500 towels
  • 1 Rag Company Edgeless 300 towels

INTERIOR:

• Meguiar’s Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner
  • Aerospace Protectant 303 Matte
  • Stoner Invisible Glass aerosol

I was not going to get a foam gun initially but then an Amazon lightning deal happened and that was that. I also get a lot of bee pollen on my car and the occasional bird bomb so I think it’ll help loosen those up as a prewash. Here’s what else I've been considering & my associated questions:

• Collinite 845 Insulator Wax… I like the water beading capabilities and the fact that this can (from what I’ve read) easily be applied by hand. I know to thin it by placing the bottle in a bowl of hot water and shaking the crap out of it prior to use. Any recommendations on foam pads are welcome. Something about a wax like this seems like it'll be thicker and last longer than a spray wax like Optimum Car Wax... which leads me to...
  • Optimum Car Wax spray... I'm drawn to the serious ease of application with this one (just use while drying? Easy enough!), as well as the UVA/UVB protection. My car's parked outside 24/7 - at home in direct sun from sunrise to sunset (no shade at any point in time, which is quite remarkable for LA), and at work, also in direct sun, unless I park under the tree every bird in the neighborhood decided to call home (lose/lose) I'm thinking of using the Collinite maybe every two months, but the Optimum Wax at the end of every wash. Is that overkill? Is there such a thing as too much wax? Also - my water is not the best - without having to buy a mineral filter attachment for my hose, is mixing the hard water and spray wax problematic? Am I embedding the harsh minerals into the wax, allowing it to seep into my paint? I don't know how science works, this is just my brain's logic.
  • Optimum Powerclean... I have heard good things about Optimum Powerclean so I am considering that for stubborn bee pollen which is not easily removed without a fair amount of pressure - and if I've learned anything from these forums it's that pressure is the enemy. Would it be pointless to use the Optimum Powerclean prior & in conjunction with the foaming to help loosen up bee pollen? Bee pollen (aside from dust) is my new mortal enemy. Each day there's significantly more bee pollen than the last. My driveway is surrounded by rose bushes so there's no avoiding it.
  • ONR Wash & Shine... I’m not thrilled on the rinseless wash method due to the amount of dust and everything my car accumulates in just 5 days, let alone a week. I don't think I could get the things most hazardous to the paint removed this way, BUT - I could see its use in cleaning off just bird poop from a section when I don't have the time to wash it. But wouldn't I also be able to do this with Optimum Powerclean? I know its also a great clay bar lube, but I'm not sure how often I will be clay baring my car just yet. I'm sure I'll have to eventually, and I'll cross that bridge when it comes. Right now, my goal is just beneficial maintenance washes.

Sorry for the super long post. I’ve been lurking here and on other detailing sites, but I'm suffering from serious information overload. Between car washing and then trying to figure out what tires and brake pads to get - it’s a bit overwhelming. I appreciate everyone who posts here - I’m sure my car’s paint will appreciate it, too!!