autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Best way to use Gyeon Silk Towel

Hi guys

Just recently bought the Gyeon Silk Towel and love how it absorbs so much water so easily!

I’m having trouble though drying the side panels of the car like doors, bumpers and not flat surfaces.

It works beautifully on the roof and hood, I open the whole towel out and lay it flat where I then pull it towards me. This is a breeze and works effortlessly.

I tried pat drying the side of the car but i feel like it’s not leaving the surfacing water mark free.

As the towel is not as plush and soft as others I was worried to fold it and run it along the side of the car like I’m using a wash mitt in case I was adding more marring or surface defects.

Am I doing anything wrong or should I be worried?

Appreciate any feedback or recommendations Best way to use Gyeon Silk Towel

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best way to use Gyeon Silk Towel

I have not used that towel but i I use one from different website and PFM..My method is bit different..I wash my car outside in shade..dry with one those towel which is bit less absorbent than PFM towel from griots (paid half the price compare to PFM)...I really dont bother with side panel being completely water free..i will get back on to this..i go over the whole car leaving water here and there on surface..I pull out my shop vac which has blower built in..I blow the water out from side mirror headlights and other hard to reach areas where i know towel didnt get the water out..after drying with shop vac i am still left with water on car..after this i spray the car with N 914 rinseless wash diluted to waterless wash ratio..grab fresh PFM towel and wipe clean..works all the time for me..it takes time but works.. so basically i always use 2 towels..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

3. Thanks cheekyage thanked for this post
    Likes Bruno Soares, cheekyage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out the following video.

5. Thanks cheekyage thanked for this post
    Likes cheekyage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Nix mentioned, that towel is constructed similar to the PFM which I do use and I can tell you I am about as careless as you could be without being wreck less, meaning the main thing I make sure to do is keep my good drying towels clean at all times and away from the lower parts and windows of a vehicle..

But when it comes to drying methods, Lay & drag, Matador, Fold & Wipe, you name it I do it and do it as aggressively as I need to even on perfectly corrected black paint and the towel doesn’t scratch or swirl a thing.

None of my drying towels cause swirls or scratches, not even my oldest waffle weaves.

7. Thanks cheekyage thanked for this post
    Likes cheekyage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Get the PFM and never look back.

I dry with my blower, and used to use Guzzlers. That was good, but when I tried the PFM.......... It was one of those HOLY $hit moments.

I know there are hundreds of seemingly over-priced detail products, but this is NOT one of them. You get what you pay for with the Griot's PFM.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Likes Eldorado2k, cheekyage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i rarely use drying towels (mckee's 37 turbo dryer) but when i do i use a terry weave microfiber towel (PFM style). i drape it over the panel (hood/roof) and slowly pull towards me and it absorbs most all the water in one pass. i go over the rest of the car later after i have gotten most of the water off with a microfiber towel and qd/spray wax...

11. Likes cheekyage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just used mine for the first time today. I lay it out on the roof and hood, but like you concerned about folding resulting in micro marring. Nope it worked great. And this thing holds a lot of water.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekyage View Post
    Hi guys

Just recently bought the Gyeon Silk Towel and love how it absorbs so much water so easily!

I’m having trouble though drying the side panels of the car like doors, bumpers and not flat surfaces.

It works beautifully on the roof and hood, I open the whole towel out and lay it flat where I then pull it towards me. This is a breeze and works effortlessly.

I tried pat drying the side of the car but i feel like it’s not leaving the surfacing water mark free.

As the towel is not as plush and soft as others I was worried to fold it and run it along the side of the car like I’m using a wash mitt in case I was adding more marring or surface defects.

Am I doing anything wrong or should I be worried?

Appreciate any feedback or recommendations Best way to use Gyeon Silk Towel