autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Need help diagnosing the cause of Issues and tips.

Hi All,

Had my car just over a month now and have found some areas that need some love that i did not spot when i initially took delivery.

Its an Approved Used M135i 2014.

1) Weird Smudge almost looks like it might have been caused by misuse of a machine polisher. Best way to tackle?

2) Weird line along bottom of door, not really noticeable unless really focusing on that area, not sure on what could have caused this one. Best way to tackle?

3) Scuff / Scratch on rear window trim (Can I use regular polish on this?)

Images : M135i Issues - Album on Imgur (Unfourtunately all the images are too big to upload directly on to here, but they are in order with the above)

Im currently limited on tools but as of right now i have hand polish applicators, Auto finesse triple polish and some TCut.

All help appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help diagnosing the cause of Issues and tips.

test spots, try testing the areas and see what helps Best we can do is give advice and that can be wrong since we can't see your car or see how it reacts to certain products. Go least aggressive first in you test spots and work up if the base line doesn't work
    Back to the full-time grind.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    test spots, try testing the areas and see what helps Best we can do is give advice and that can be wrong since we can't see your car or see how it reacts to certain products. Go least aggressive first in you test spots and work up if the base line doesn't work
    Hey,

Imgur link is in my post.

Not in a position to work on the issues at the moment, so looking to get possible causes and advice.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BSKY View Post

Images : M135i Issues - Album on Imgur (Unfourtunately all the images are too big to upload directly on to here, but they are in order with the above)
    If I had a nickel for every time I explained why the HUMONGOUS pictures our phones and cameras create I'd be stupid rich. Has to do with filling up a server and then someone paying for the server forever.

Quote Originally Posted by BSKY View Post

Im currently limited on tools but as of right now i have hand polish applicators, Auto finesse triple polish and some TCut.

All help appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack.
    I looked at the pictures, looks like some scuffs and rub marks where someone has bumped the paint with something.

I'm not up to speed on the AF Triple Polish, but if it uses quality abrasive technology then you can probably massage some over the affected areas and remover or at least improve their appearance.

If you really want to fix these issues and also create and maintain a show car finish on this cool car, then at some point you're going to need to move up to machine polishing. Get a simple DA polisher to start with.

Here's what you need to get into machine polishing - Recommendations for a beginner by Mike Phillips