autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New White Truck

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New White Truck

Due to the size of that truck, what about a product like McKee’s 37 Hydro Blue to save time & have some easy, decent protection?

McKee's 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 Coating

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

That one step will look good for sure

PNS will protect much longer than Hydro blue. Not as easy but still easy on white especially

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the new products will get their first test this weekend. I've been at the beach for a week and we went through the tropical storm the first few nights here. So, my new truck is FILTHY! It will get a good bath on Sunday afternoon to get all the salt and dirt off of it. I also bought a cheaper foam cannon on Amazon, so I'm going to give it a shot, too. If it works as advertised, then it should really help getting all this beach gunk off the truck to give it a good cleaning without risking scratches.

Post Thanks / Like

I got home last night and all my new wash stuff was here. I waited until I had a little shade this afternoon (it was 90 and sunny in Georgia today), and washed the truck to get all the beach sand and salt off of it. A few things to note and a few questions:

I hesitated to get a white truck, but I love this thing. It was horribly filthy and you could barely tell. It felt salty and dirty, but looked almost like new. I was worried it would look like a DOT work truck, but the white is growing on me. The fact that it looks that clean when that dirty is awesome.

If you are looking for a new car wash soap, check out Pinnacle Body Shampoo. It's slick, sudsy, and smells better than any car wash shampoo I've ever smelled. It's like fresh coconuts are in it. It's awesome.

After washing, I clay barred the entire truck. It was surprisingly clean from the factory. Not too much to get off, but it's a little smoother.

I used the Blackfire One Step and polished it on with my Porter Cable 7424xp. It went on really easy, didn't stick to the trim and seems to work well. However, in the light after the sun went down, I saw some hazing in the paint. It also really hazed up my front windshield bad and took some real elbow grease to come off. I had to hit the windshield with Speedway 3-4 times to get the glass to lose the haze. I dot' remember Klasse ever doing that to glass. It worked like a charm and came off really easy. I may go back to just polishing my windows and windshield with Klasse, even if I stick with the One Step for the paint. After polishing, I went over the entire truck with Meguiar's Ultimate Detailer and then with Meguair's Ultimate Spray Wax. The hazing is still there in a few spots. How to I get that off and make the entire truck shine in the light? Is it okay to leave that way overnight? and correct tomorrow? It's late and I'm exhausted.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you were able to remove the haze. How is it holding up?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jon TDS View Post
    Hope you were able to remove the haze. How is it holding up?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Haze was easily removed with quick detailer and a light coat of spray quik wax. It's holding up really well. With the clay barring and the all in one polish, it still feels silky smooth after every wash. And washing time is cut in half. Dirt just falls off the paint. Really happy so far. It's only been a month or so, but it seems to be working really well.

7. Likes MattPersman liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12