autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

CQUK 3.0 + Reload - need advice for applying Reload afterwards

I have been into detailing as a hobbyist for about 5 years now, building up a (what my wife would call) substantial inventory of products. My go-to LSP for the past few years has been Menzerna Power Lock, but I finally took the plunge into coatings and applied CQUK 3.0 to my new BMW M2 this past long weekend. It went "okay". I applied it on Friday and then went away for the weekend - I thought I had knocked down all the so-called "high spots", but looking at it in brighter daylight today I do see a few spots yet. It's a white car, has clear film on the entire front end, and will see track duty, so I'm not overly concerned about the appearance being 100%.

Overall, I hope it will be worthwhile and offer some good protection. I bought the 30 ml kit and thought it would be enough for one coat and then some, but I literally had just enough - got a line of product on the applicator for the last part of the last panel and then the bottle was empty - phew!

Now, the question I had for the group here was application of Reload. I've done quite a bit of reading about its application, and see that the prevailing wisdom seems to be to apply Reload to original CQUK and other C.Quartz products after about 60 minutes if intending to drive and expose to water/rain soon afterwards (i.e. the next day). Otherwise, it seems that it's recommended to wait 30 days before applying Reload. Now, I've seen a different recommendation (I think) for CQUK 3.0, this being from the carpro-us.com website:

Directions - Step 8. Apply Reload before 1 hour. Wait until next day for Reload if you miss the 30-60 minute window

​So, my question is whether I should apply Reload now (72-96 hours later) or just wait for 30 days, or use it in lieu of QD as a drying aid after washing or...? The last thought came up based on another thread I just read tonight that lamented the longevity of Reload: CarPro Reload as Standalone Sealant - 2 Massive Fails...Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CQUK 3.0 + Reload - need advice for applying Reload afterwards

I'd send a message to Corey at CarPro US. He will be able to give you the proper guidance. Seems like you used an awful lot of product though. I did 2 coats of EXO on a C5 Corvette this weeke d and had over half a bottle left.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

You can apply it now. Use 2 mf towels and do a panel at a time. Mist one towel and the panel - wipe over the panel. Take a second mf towel and buff any remaining product. Reload is a great product on top of CQ coatings.

For future maintenance mix up a bottle of "CP Magic Elixir" -- 20oz distilled water + 2oz ECH2O + 2oz Reload. I use this after each wash on my CQ coated cars.
    2018 Ford F150 - Ruby Red Metallic
    2019 Honda Odyssey - Obsidian Blue

4. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In your case, there's no need to apply Reload anytime soon. I skipped Reload for the whole year that I had the last version on the paint, and the only thing lacking from the coating at that point was slickness before I polished it off. You won't need it as a drying aid, the paint should be so hydrophobic after the final rinse in the short term that the drying towel should easily pick everything up. If you're going over the paint and you find it's not as slick as you would like, Reload would be fine to use. I don't think there would be any more significant impact if you applied it after 7 days of waiting compared to waiting 30 days.

6. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, SWETM, VitreousHumor liked this post