autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars ultimate fast finish

Well, this is what happens when you get old..........I thought the Meg fast finish was a sealant........upon further checking its just a spray on wax. lol..............threw it on the car today, looked good, but would like to use a sealant instead, I only use this car in the summer. Any suggestions on what to get without selling the house to afford it. I'm getting tight in my old age.

Last year I hit it with the HD Speed, looked good then too..........im new to this stuff so sorry for the stupid questions, I'm getting confused on this wax / sealant stuff..........the paint on this car is 20 yrs old , the problem I'm having is no matter what I throw on it, cheap / expensive stuff, it all looks the same..........im sure theres a difference but I cant really tell one way or the other.

So what would you guys use as a sealant.......

Thanks

Rich

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars ultimate fast finish

Fast finish is a sealant from my understanding. Very easy to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Same for me..after trying many different waxes and sealants I can barely notice any difference..So I just use whatever is easy to work with..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Post Thanks / Like

It can be confusing, Rich. Some products are labeled "waxes" or "sealants" or both.

Something like Collinite 845 is labeled a wax, but is also synthetic, and considered a sealant even though it contains some carnuba. Same goes for HD Poxy even though it has montan wax. Either way, and whatever you call them, they are both kick a$$ products IMO. Both are super easy to apply and remove, last a long time, and look great.

Don't get too caught up in this, man. You're too damn old.........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a form of a protection. You can read up on it here

Features:
    •Meguiar's most advanced paint protecting formula
    •Technologically advanced, innovative, synthetic polymer coating provides relentless water beading protection wash after wash*
    •Protects for a full year!*
    •Meguiar's fastest & easiest way to protect a paint finish, simply spray on & wipe off
    •Use by itself or even on top of wax to extend protection.
    •*Lab tested durability over 100 wash cycles using a pH balanced car wash

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I recall reading that Fast Finish has very good durability, spray or not. You may have found your sealant of choice if you like ease, fairly long lasting and are good with the look of it!

Post Thanks / Like

FF is a class product regardless of what voodoo magic is inside. Wax, Sealant, Coating... - does it bead?? that's all the people want! Hope that Megs chemist gets a big fat cheque this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. It's more than a spray wax. I consider it a sealant. Six months would be more realistic. Hit your car with HD Speed again and then put the Meg's FF on it the next day. Since you've admitted that you can't perceive any differences between what you've tried so far, you may as well give up on that pursuit and might as well stick with something that works well and easy to use. Keeping the finish in great shape should be easy with HD speed and then with added protection of the FF you would could easily maintain your car with 2 detailing sessions a year. FF is so easy to apply. It probably flashes more completely than the other WOWA sealants.

As far as really being able to see obvious changes/improvements in looks, the Polished Angel products have really wowed me so far. And I have built up a ton of LSP products over the years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Richs66 View Post
    Well, this is what happens when you get old..........I thought the Meg fast finish was a sealant........upon further checking its just a spray on wax. lol..............threw it on the car today, looked good, but would like to use a sealant instead, I only use this car in the summer. Any suggestions on what to get without selling the house to afford it. I'm getting tight in my old age.

Last year I hit it with the HD Speed, looked good then too..........im new to this stuff so sorry for the stupid questions, I'm getting confused on this wax / sealant stuff..........the paint on this car is 20 yrs old , the problem I'm having is no matter what I throw on it, cheap / expensive stuff, it all looks the same..........im sure theres a difference but I cant really tell one way or the other.

So what would you guys use as a sealant.......

Thanks

Rich
    The definition of a sealant is it's a synthetic wax. Fast finish is a sealant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bodidly View Post
    FF is a class product regardless of what voodoo magic is inside. Wax, Sealant, Coating... Who god damn cares - does it bead?? that's all the people want! Hope that Megs chemist gets a big fat cheque this year.
    I want gloss and protection then beading in that order

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast