autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Trinova foam cannon problem

I got a trinova foam cannon cause they were pretty cheap and I saw a pan the organizer video where he used one and it looked like it worked just as good as the mtm one. So I used it today and the soap comes out very watery even with the top dial adjusted to max suds. My pressure washer is like 2700psi and 2.4gpm so pretty sure it’s not my pressure washer. And I used honey dew snow foam (2oz). When I use the standard 40 deg nozzle on my pressure washer the pressure is very good but it seemed like as soon as I plug in the foam cannnon the pressure drops drastically so idk if that is the issue or if that is even supposed to happen. I am attaching the cannon to the end of the long wand part.... should I remove the wand and get the quick disconnects to be able to attach the cannon closer to the trigger/gun part? Would that help? Not sure why that would matter but...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trinova foam cannon problem

I have 2 of the trinova foam cannons. 1 worked terribly and the other one worked great. It may just be a quality control issue with them

Post Thanks / Like

trinova and pan lol................that pretty well sums it up. You get what you pay for.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

4. Likes JRP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slapjack View Post
    I got a trinova foam cannon cause they were pretty cheap and I saw a pan the organizer video where he used one and it looked like it worked just as good as the mtm one. So I used it today and the soap comes out very watery even with the top dial adjusted to max suds. My pressure washer is like 2700psi and 2.4gpm so pretty sure it’s not my pressure washer. And I used honey dew snow foam (2oz). When I use the standard 40 deg nozzle on my pressure washer the pressure is very good but it seemed like as soon as I plug in the foam cannnon the pressure drops drastically so idk if that is the issue or if that is even supposed to happen. I am attaching the cannon to the end of the long wand part.... should I remove the wand and get the quick disconnects to be able to attach the cannon closer to the trigger/gun part? Would that help? Not sure why that would matter but...
    Maybe try changing out the orifice.

6. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailTrail View Post
    Maybe try changing out the orifice.
    Not sure what that is. Is it inside the brass head I’m assuming?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it sits just before the foamcannon bottle and where it mix the dilution from the attachement to the spray gun point of view. It's very uncommon that the foamcannon delivered with other than the 1.25mm orifice that would be the one to your pressure wash specs. It's it to a pro version of the foamcannon with alot higher specs than commercial PW? It's a big jump down from 1.25mm orifice to the 1.1mm orifice that is the step down in orifice. It can be that your PW starts pulses with the 1.1mm orifice. I would send a request to trinova or the seller which orifice you have in your foamcannon. I have just replaced the original 1.25mm orifice with a 1.30mm orifice to my foamcannon. Which I use with my kärcher k7 premium plus flex pressure wash 2600psi 2.6gpm specs. It's just over the specs to get up to the 1.30mm orifice. Will see on my next wash how the foamcannon works with the new orifice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Yes it sits just before the foamcannon bottle and where it mix the dilution from the attachement to the spray gun point of view. It's very uncommon that the foamcannon delivered with other than the 1.25mm orifice that would be the one to your pressure wash specs. It's it to a pro version of the foamcannon with alot higher specs than commercial PW? It's a big jump down from 1.25mm orifice to the 1.1mm orifice that is the step down in orifice. It can be that your PW starts pulses with the 1.1mm orifice. I would send a request to trinova or the seller which orifice you have in your foamcannon. I have just replaced the original 1.25mm orifice with a 1.30mm orifice to my foamcannon. Which I use with my kärcher k7 premium plus flex pressure wash 2600psi 2.6gpm specs. It's just over the specs to get up to the 1.30mm orifice. Will see on my next wash how the foamcannon works with the new orifice.
    You lost me a little bit but I sounds like you your saying you switched yours to 1.3 to get better results? I just watched a video where the guy replaced the 1.2 or maybe 1.3 with a 1.1 and he got way better foam. But he was using an electric pressure washer. I have a gas pw that is 2700 psi and 2.5 gpm. Which orifice would I want for best results? I just pulled mine out and it looks like it is a 1.3(ish). It’s hard to measure cause it’s down in that groove but I’m pretty sure it’s bigger than 1.1.
    Should it be tight inside the housing? Cause when I went to unscrew it, it wasn’t even snugged down. It was lose. Maybe that’s why it was sucking so bad. I mean when I say it was watery it was really watery. Not even thick. Just very thin and ran right off the car

Post Thanks / Like

I have not tested with the new 1.3 orifice yet. And exactly I stepped up from the original orifice 1.25mm. I saw someone wrote about a defective unit. If you have extremely thin foam. I would look up first the dilution on max mix dilution your foamcannon has. If you set the foamcannon on the max chemical output. And fill your foamcannon bottle to 10oz with water. Then spray it in a wash bucket till the bottle is empty. Measure it in oz the total water you get. You would get around 200oz of total water in the wash bucket. Your foamcannon dilution then is 10oz:200oz 1:20. If you get 140oz of total water in the bucket your foamcannon dilutes 1:14.

This is so it's not something wrong with the chemical mix screw.

Your PW is also just over the specs to get the 1.30mm orifice. The foam would not get any thicker when step up in orifice but you would not be haveing to use so much of the car soap concentrate. And the foamcannon dilutes it out more with the same solution.

If you have the 1.25mm orifice you would get a thick foam with your PW. How much car soap and which car soap and what setting on the foamcannon do you use?

Post Thanks / Like

Check over at the trinova forum they should fix you right up

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the Trinova too.
    Thing is, LOL
    The knob + or - setting is printed wrong!!!
    The knob tighten all the way DOWN IS full soap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast