autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Building managment banned washing cars

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    I tried waterless last weekend as you recommended. It works really well. I now know how you got the dirty towels in that other thread. LOL.

My towels were always clean because I rinsed off that dirt before the towels hit the paint to dry it.

I see the merits of waterless and rinseless now very clearly. Since I am not water-restricted it is easier to "waste" water. The next time we have severe drought restrictions I now know there is a way around it. Thanks.
    Building managment banned washing cars

Conserving water is 1 thing, conserving time and energy is another. I did a quik waterless wash on the Kia this morning in literally less than 10min. not including the roof, windows & wheels. Is it perfect without hitting those areas? Of course not, but the paint is clean and so smooth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Building managment banned washing cars

Conserving water is 1 thing, conserving time and energy is another. I did a quik waterless wash on the Kia this morning in literally less than 10min. not including the roof, windows & wheels. Is it perfect without hitting those areas? Of course not, but the paint is clean and so smooth.
    It works well for my RS because of the aero and ground effects causes the rear deck and rear end of the car to be a dust magnet while the rest of the car stays relatively clean. I hit the rear vertical panels and it cleans up like it was just washed and it takes less than 5 min. I keep a covered bucket of wash solution and plenty of 1200 gsm towels on hand (I don't like mitts) and hit the car, almost like a QD-type of touch up. It is amazing technology, lifts the dust and gunk, prevents marring and wipes spotlessly clean. I'm really impressed with the whole concept.

3. Likes Eldorado2k, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless wash is made to order for housing where there is no water available - or if you need to do a stealth wash. Just need a garden sprayer, a bucket full of solution, and a bucket for used towels. I do a rinseless in my garage, some solution drips on the floor, but it dries in under an hour. Park in a spot free from prying eyes, or drive off the premises and do it.

Post Thanks / Like

It works well for my RS because of the aero and ground effects causes the rear deck and rear end of the car to be a dust magnet while the rest of the car stays relatively clean. I hit the rear vertical panels and it cleans up like it was just washed and it takes less than 5 min. I keep a covered bucket of wash solution and plenty of 1200 gsm towels on hand (I don't like mitts) and hit the car, almost like a QD-type of touch up. It is amazing technology, lifts the dust and gunk, prevents marring and wipes spotlessly clean. I'm really impressed with the whole concept.
    That’s what’s up.Building managment banned washing cars

Post Thanks / Like

But there you have it. It’s not only possible, it’s easy. And no my car isn’t full of swirls. It’s a good 90% swirl free at least.Building managment banned washing cars
    Wolfgang Uber is a product that IME has lived up to the hype. It’s earned an undisputed spot on my shelf for the longrun. I’d rate it 5 stars. Kudos to WG for making it an outstanding value too.
    Okay. You have totally sold me on waterless/rinseless washes, which I was not entirely sure of before. But seeing those waterspots disappear was all I needed. And also being in LA, I imagine we deal with (relatively) the same amounts of dust. And also sun (though I usually work too late at night to ever be up at 7:30AM to wash my car - it's a life goal though).

Now I have to get one of those... bottle... spray things.

7. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 6od View Post
    Okay. You have totally sold me on waterless/rinseless washes, which I was not entirely sure of before. But seeing those waterspouts disappear was all I needed. And also being in LA, I imagine we deal with relatively the same amounts of dust. And also sun (though I usually work too late at night to ever be up at 7:30AM to wash my car - it's a life goal though).

Now I have to get one of those... bottle... spray things.
    He sold me on the same thing. All it took was a 25% off sale and I ordered a gallon of Uber and the initial results were beyond what I expected. I thought ONR was really good but Uber seems to me to be a slight bit better, in almost indistinguishable ways but as Eldo said, it really lives up to the hype, and it is one of the few products I've used that does live up to the hype.

9. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k, 6od liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My condo is exactly the same, I can't hose wash and I agree with that. We have some trucks that come in that have been off RoadIng and I don't want the crap all over the condo garage floor. Do a rinseless .....There's no problem with wiping the car down which is essentially what you're doing and you're not leaving any massive amounts of water on the ground. My condo has never had a problem with a rinseless, and has knowledge that I do it. Look on YouTube for the Gary Dean method. I've been doing it for three years. My car never sees a hose. I use carpro ech20 , 6 mf's and a waffe weave to dry. Takes 20 minutes .
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

He sold me on the same thing. All it took was a 25% off sale and I ordered a gallon of Uber and the initial results were beyond what I expected. I thought ONR was really good but Uber seems to me to be a slight bit better, in almost indistinguishable ways but as Eldo said, it really lives up to the hype, and it is one of the few products I've used that does live up to the hype.
    That's good to hear! I am actually ordering a bottle right now! Luckily I'd only got an 8 oz bottle of ONR. I'm getting the 16oz size of the Wolfgang though cause I'm a sucker for those dispensing bottles.

Now... for more microfiber towels. And also, a place to put them (which I fear will be a problem that resurfaces over and over again... as if I needed another thing to collect).

Post Thanks / Like

Only 20 ounces of Water needed to use the Hoseless Lift Kit from Ammo NYC with "Frothe" that is more than enough to clean two full size cars to an immaculate finish! Hands down the best gear Ive stumbled across is YEARS! Spray it on, wipe it off with 6 Microfiber Towels included in his Kit. If you're an ONR user, you absolutely must give this stuff a try! SPECTACULAR FOLKS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Gunny, you're really going gung ho about shouting this stuff out.

Was going to mention in one of your other few threads about the Frothe - ONR seems to be like a rinseless wash gateway drug: it's where a lot of people start, but often move on from. It's not a bad product (I've got a gallon), but I've found most other rinseless products give me a better clean, better shine, or stay clean longer after (or all of the above).

Not trying to come off like a jerk, I get being excited about a new product you love. I'm also not anti-Ammo, I haven't used any of Larry's stuff, but I like him enough I listened to virtually all of the Podcast series he did.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast