autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Building managment banned washing cars

Quote Originally Posted by Rmd View Post
    You are describing a perfect situation for Rinseless Wash. there is no reason you can’t apply wax afterward. Lots of good tutorials on YouTube from competent detailers. Try looking for Gary Dean Wash Method.
    Thank you, I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin at Final Inspection View Post
    This is the perfect example for using Ammo Frothe. I have been trying this stuff out for the past month or so and it performs awesome. It's a foaming waterless wash.
    I have spray bottle but it does not produce frothe as good as ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    You should sue them for infringing on your right to wash your car. It's supposed to be a free country and you cant even wash your car. They cash your check every month though. Any discount for taking away your rights?
    LOL, its not that simple and courts in my country suck.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    I had this argument with my mother a few months ago. She is the president of her condo association and she takes her job very seriously to the point of being the condo Nazi. Her neighbor has a Lexus and he wants to keep the car clean but the condo bylaws prevent car washing of any kind. I suggested a rinseless or a waterless wash and I described the process. My mother interjected and quite strongly repeated, "NO CAR WASHING OF ANY KIND." Check with your condo association or perhaps attend your next condo board meeting and ask them. If they are completely against a waterless or rinseless wash, then I would suggest getting two sealable 5 gallon buckets. Fill them each with 3 gallons of water. Drive to an empty parking lot or a local park. Find a shady spot and rinseless wash away. While you are in the shade go ahead and put a coat of wax on your ride.
    As long as I don't let any water drip on the ground I will be fine. Once I have my 'cleaning technique' sorted out, I will be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank70 View Post
    I once lived in a complex that had a car washing area with a hose hook up. All they asked was that the area was kept clean, no loud music and be respectful of the other residents. Sometimes there was a line to wash your car but not that often.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaamz View Post
    That's exactly what i have at my complex....A car wash bay in the underground garage with a hose that i can connect my foam gun to... i love it.
    Building layout is as such there can't be a designated area for washing cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster906 View Post
    Go to a friend's house perhaps. Purchase a handheld pressure sprayer. Fill with ONR. Have a bucket filled with ONR and a bunch of quality microfiber towels. Spray your vehicle first, use one towel per panel. Dry with a towel such as drymeariver microfiber towel. Then apply your favorite was or sealant. You could also wash at a car wash with the two bucket method. Hope this helps.
    Going to friend's house is temp fix because I can't go twice or once a week. I am looking for long term solution. I do have handheld pressure sprayer, so once I have my technique sorted, I will be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    The place would look worse with a car lot full of nasty unwashed cars! Bring this up at the HOA meeting. Grab some McKees 914 and a bunch of good rinseless wash towels and find a place where you can do a good wash. A coin op wash place usually has some area to wipe down your car and also good if your car is too dirty to do a waterless wash without a pre-rinse.
    We do not have coin operated washing areas in my country. Full of unwashed cars? No one cares. They all use wipe down method. I have explain what wipe down method and why it sucks big time underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    It sounds like you haven’t even tried it, so how can you say that it’s “the worst way possible to clean a car”? Give us an update once you’ve adopted the new method. We’re taking the time to give you advice, so providing an update would be a good way to pay us back.
    ]

Ummm. Management suggested wipe down method. Wipe down method is using only two towels and cleaning dirty car with it. #1 towel is damped in water and entire dirty car (top to bottom) is wiped with it and 2nd towel is used to dry it. This method is so nasty that brand new car's cc within 6 months looks like its been to a automatic car wash for years. My compound has over 150 cars and pretty much every single car is cleaned this way. I am probably only one that uses any detailing products.

My car is dirty now, I will update very soon (in few days time, I will PM you when I do it)

Quote Originally Posted by howardm4 View Post
    I respectfully submit you don’t understand 'small town' (condo Assoc included) politics and personalities.

99% of the time, condo people are bored busybodies who just love to apply their limited 'power' and throw their weight around.

You totally get this. lol

Waterless wash rule#1. Use plenty of product.

Rule#2. Have no fear, because you have faith in the products you use and you trust your technique.

That’s why even after sitting for 3 days baking in the sun while parked outside, the hard water spots from the spinklers nextdoor wiped right off. [I missed the tight area next to the hood ornament but that’s ok]Building managment banned washing cars

Windows clean.

Trunklid clean.

Water spots easily removed.

Driver side.

I didn’t drip too much, considering I sprayed nearly the entire 1.5L in the sprayer.

Just this 1 towel was used for the washing, including the windows. [not the wheels, because I never use my paint towels on wheels]

I did have to grab a small PFM towel to help me dry midway through because the orange towel became too saturated to effectively dry with.. But there you have it. It’s not only possible, it’s easy. And no my car isn’t full of swirls. It’s a good 90% swirl free at least.Building managment banned washing cars
    I can't thank you enough for this. This is life saver. I really appreciate the time you took for making this post. One question, how to I take out tree sap (if any).

Quote Originally Posted by minirips2 View Post
    Is there a coin-op spray car wash near you? If so, get two buckets with gamma seal lids and grit guards, fill them with wash and clean rinse water, and go to town. I'm lucky enough to have one two blocks from my house. In salt season (winter), it's my go-to method.
    Nope. There aren't any in my country. That's why I am looking for washless or rinsless way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmd View Post
    We don’t have a “Two Bucket” amendment to the constitution? I’m going to write my congressman.
    /s
    Haha

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    I would just do a waterless if you are questioned and I doubt you will be just say you are cleaning up your car don’t need to use the word washing. Washing yo most includes heavy running water and soap all over with buckets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This what I plan to do. Work around the rules and stick up to the man. haha

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I lived in a condo for 12 years and always washed me car. I can tell you an HOA will incur far greater expenses trying to fine you than the actual fine. I am not saying break all the rules all the time, but I see no harm in a rinseless wash every week. It's 3 gallons of water for Pete sake. You could also acquaint yourself with all the HOA rules and ride the Board to enforce ALL rules equally, not just car washing. Trust me they will get tired of it real soon. ScottH
    Only a nazi would care about someone doing a waterless wash. I would do it anyway what are they going to do call the police. I would take it all the way to court. I understand water restriction issues but trying to tell people they cant even buff a turd off their car with a quick detailer is way over the line. I don't care what anyone says they are wrong if they disagree.

Also to the point. Just because somebody says you are not allowed to do something that doesn't automatically mean they are right. Sometimes you have to stand up to these people they are just abusing their authority. Just saying something is a rule doesn't always make it so. People with the tiniest little bit of authority abuse it all the time.
    My house has pre-paid meter, they can fine me and I won't even know. I know what you are trying to say, I totally agree with it. I am just looking for right car cleaning technique and not get into hassle of setting things straight. Management people are retired, have ton of free time and then there is me, a lot of days I do not even get good night sleep because of study/work stress. It is not easy to mess up with people when don't have enough free time. So there is that.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone saying we don't have a car washing amendment. Obviously but we do have the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness don't we. Don't be rediculous every single freedom isn't always written out most are just assumed. Can the condo association tell you your not allowed to wear sneakers anywhere on the property? How about pants? Can they say your not allowed to bring food on the property. How about saying your not allowed to buy an SUV? Sedans only...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minirips2 View Post
    Is there a coin-op spray car wash near you? If so, get two buckets with gamma seal lids and grit guards, fill them with wash and clean rinse water, and go to town. I'm lucky enough to have one two blocks from my house. In salt season (winter), it's my go-to method.
    For the sake of conversation if were are all about following the rules almost all of those coin op places have a rule about not bucket washing.

Post Thanks / Like

Get a tar remover to take care of the tree sap. When it's desolved you wipe it off with the waterless wash solution a couple of times. I think that carpro tarx and Gyeon Tar has a little lubrication in them so they are save to wipe it off. And then follow up with the waterless wash solution. Do just spot treatment on the tree sap or tar spots and work at a small area.

5. Likes Swift liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok it took me a while to get out here but I’m ready now... Not sure if you recall, but my neighbor just installed new grass along with sprinklers.

I've been looking to get a new waterless wash and was wondering what dilution you are using the Uber at? I've been seeing conflicting opinions where people are saying using a "rinseless wash product" isn't as effective as a "true waterless wash" product such as Ultima. I would be using it between weekly rinseless to clean water spotting, pollen, tree and bird droppings like you showed...

Confused where the line is drawn between a QD and Waterless....

Post Thanks / Like

I've taken to using Ultima as my rinseless and waterless. I add a bit of ONR to the 2nd bucket for rinse less to help pull the dirt out of the media.
    Whatever the recommended dilutions are for those.

Post Thanks / Like

To the OP, get yourself the schedule of the condo Assoc. and do what is needed to request to speak.

Come in w/ several of bottles of water, approx how much you would use for a rinse less (which is at worst, 16oz).

Ask them what their definition of car washing is and how much water it would consume. After they tell 'lots' or hoses and blah blah blah,
    do a little show and tell and show that you're talking about less than the amount used by one of the bottles.

Market it or what we call a dog & pony show and stand up for your right.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone saying we don't have a car washing amendment. Obviously but we do have the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness don't we. Don't be rediculous every single freedom isn't always written out most are just assumed. Can the condo association tell you your not allowed to wear sneakers anywhere on the property? How about pants? Can they say your not allowed to bring food on the property. How about saying your not allowed to buy an SUV? Sedans only...
    Why didn't you include the right to breathe in there? It's very simple. They can't make rules that violate the law. They can't make rules that create a dangerous situation. Other than that, they can make all types of rules which the residents agree to when they move in. If the rules were so outlandish, as you suggest, people wouldn't live there and the rules would be amended to make them more amenable to prospective tenants. Your right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness does not circumvent a written contract that you willfully entered into, no matter how RIDICULOUS you find the rule. Period.

10. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol at this guy, above, gotta love Internet arm chair lawyers...

If you care that much get an attorney and get it sorted out... I've been down this path a plethora of times dealing with HOAs

12. Likes jaamz, 6od liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Your right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness does not circumvent a written contract that you willfully entered into, no matter how RIDICULOUS you find the rule. Period.
    Pretty much sums it up.

"Life, liberty and the pursuit of the 2 bucket wash"?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast