autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Building managment banned washing cars

@SWETM. Thanks.

Ok I’m completely done. Including the time it took to take the pictures. But all done and it’s all clean.

Continued...

2. Thanks Swift thanked for this post
    Likes Diner, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Ok it took me a while to get out here but I’m ready now... Not sure if you recall, but my neighbor just installed new grass along with sprinklers.

And this is what my car looks like now...

+ Insane bird crap.

I think this qualifies as “dirty”? Lets see if I can successfully waterless wash my car with Wolfgang Uber and this 1 towel only. Timer starts now.Building managment banned washing cars

I'm guessing your property line is the edge of your driveway. I would go buy or make some deflectors for those sprinklers.

4. Thanks Swift thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Waterless wash rule#1. Use plenty of product.

Rule#2. Have no fear, because you have faith in the products you use and you trust your technique.

That’s why even after sitting for 3 days baking in the sun while parked outside, the hard water spots from the spinklers nextdoor wiped right off. [I missed the tight area next to the hood ornament but that’s ok]Building managment banned washing cars

Windows clean.

Trunklid clean.

Water spots easily removed.

Driver side.

I didn’t drip too much, considering I sprayed nearly the entire 1.5L in the sprayer.

Just this 1 towel was used for the washing, including the windows. [not the wheels, because I never use my paint towels on wheels]

I did have to grab a small PFM towel to help me dry midway through because the orange towel became too saturated to effectively dry with.. But there you have it. It’s not only possible, it’s easy. And no my car isn’t full of swirls. It’s a good 90% swirl free at least.Building managment banned washing cars

6. Thanks SWETM, Swift thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Waterless wash rule#1. Use plenty of product.

I did have to grab a small PFM towel to help me dry midway through because the orange towel became too saturated to effectively dry with.. But there you have it. It’s not only possible, it’s easy. And no my car isn’t full of swirls. It’s a good 90% swirl free at least.Building managment banned washing cars
    Those are great results. I have used Wolfgang Uber Rinseless but never used it as a full waterless. I am interested in that orange towel. What is the brand and spec of that orange towel?

8. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a coin-op spray car wash near you? If so, get two buckets with gamma seal lids and grit guards, fill them with wash and clean rinse water, and go to town. I'm lucky enough to have one two blocks from my house. In salt season (winter), it's my go-to method.

10. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Just so everybody is clear, you don't actually have a constitutional right to wash your car. So that argument is what we like to call specious.
    We don’t have a “Two Bucket” amendment to the constitution? I’m going to write my congressman.
    /s

12. Likes Finick, rlmccarty2000, SWETM, 6od, AaronE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would just do a waterless if you are questioned and I doubt you will be just say you are cleaning up your car don’t need to use the word washing. Washing yo most includes heavy running water and soap all over with buckets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again Eldo for doing that! The cleaning ability seems very impresive. And the run off was minimal.

/Tony

15. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I lived in a condo for 12 years and always washed me car. I can tell you an HOA will incur far greater expenses trying to fine you than the actual fine. I am not saying break all the rules all the time, but I see no harm in a rinseless wash every week. It's 3 gallons of water for Pete sake. You could also acquaint yourself with all the HOA rules and ride the Board to enforce ALL rules equally, not just car washing. Trust me they will get tired of it real soon.

ScottH

17. Likes Robbo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater25 View Post
    I'm guessing your property line is the edge of your driveway. I would go buy or make some deflectors for those sprinklers.
    That 1st picture was taken a few days ago, the same time I took this pic as I was testing out the range of the sprinklers when I parked as far away as possible.. The water that got onto my car from that spot was minimal but obviously still landed on the car.

This picture was taken the very 1st day I noticed an issue with the effect of the sprinklers, notice how they were actually alot worse initially, even after I politely asked the gardeners who installed them to please do what they could to direct them away from this direction if possible.

Fast forward to today... I don’t know how my neighbor was able to do it, but I’m very grateful because he’s been able to do a far better job than the gardeners did at directing the sprinklers... So good that yesterday they came on by surprise [they’re on a timer] as I was doing the final wipedown on this Denali and not a drop of water got on it! I nearly freaked when they started to turn on, but I was pleasantly surprised at how precise he’s been able to tune them.Building managment banned washing cars

The reason my car was decimated by water spots was because I parked on the street directly in front of this house, but that was my own choice and I’m not too concerned about those sprinklers. I’m just happy the driveway situation is as good as I can hope for, because I totally understand the need to have to water his new grass. New neighbor is cool.Building managment banned washing carsBuilding managment banned washing cars

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Those are great results. I have used Wolfgang Uber Rinseless but never used it as a full waterless. I am interested in that orange towel. What is the brand and spec of that orange towel?
    Thanks. That towel is a CG Orange Fatty Drying Towel. I bought it a while back to test out a “plush” drying towel. It worked ok as a drying towel but not as good as my other drying towels so it instead became 1 heck of a waterless wash towel. I paid $10 bucks for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Thanks again Eldo for doing that! The cleaning ability seems very impresive. And the run off was minimal.

/Tony
    Thanks and no problem! Wolfgang Uber is a product that IME has lived up to the hype. It’s earned an undisputed spot on my shelf for the longrun. I’d rate it 5 stars. Kudos to WG for making it an outstanding value too.

19. Likes 6od liked this post
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast