autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: CR Spotless

Post Thanks / Like

CR Spotless

Hello friends! I was wondering if you all that has this system, is it worth the money and approx. how many washes do you get before having to replace filters?
    I have been wanting to purchase this system for a while but would like some feedback first.

Thanks for your time: Kyle

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CR Spotless

CR Spotless has a FAQ page on their site where they show a graph that indicates expected gallons of filtered water based on the TDS levels of your water.

I’d recommend buying an inexpensive TDS meter online and testing your water. I found out that I’d have terrible resin life at my shop due to the very high TDS levels in our water. This meant I would have been replacing resin all the time and therefore I decided against buying one.

Retired Professional Detailer

3. Likes Sicoupe, GEM65 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Kyle, you could always do some searching to see if there is an Industrial Water company near you. With so many semi-conductor companies hear in the valley, they require industrial water for CNC, and production.
    We use a company called Puretek Industrial water and they do a tank exchange. Portable Service DI Tank Exchange |
    Puretec Industrial Water

It's so much easier than futzing with meters and at-home systems. When my LED light turns red on top of the unit, I call the guys and they do a tank exchange. I have a 14" Diameter tank (about 5' tall, 14" diameter") which yields about 1000 gallons.

5. Thanks Robbo thanked for this post
    Likes Sicoupe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the larger CR Spotless and my water has a TDS of 225. My resin has been working for about 1 year now. I only have 2 cars and during the winter didn't use it much at all because I had to do rinseless washes. I also only use the DI water to rinse.
    Bruno Soares

7. Likes Sicoupe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love mine and wouldn't go back to unfiltered water for anything. My water is really pretty good here so i don't have to change resin often. Not having to worry about water spots is just such a game changer in my opinion though. Totally worth the investment if you ask me.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

9. Likes Sicoupe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have black cars, and hard water, I use mine to rinse

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use one, but since I have a water softener, I found it was easier to change my faucet adjacent to the driveway to soft water. I would LSN's recommendation about trying to find out what water treatment options you may have in your area, industrial DI tanks will treat a lot more water and they will exchange them for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Sacramento. I've had mine almost two years and my TDS is now at 3. Supposed to replace before it reads 20. I had bought replacement resin a year ago expecting to refill more often. Wish I could find it now So I suspect we have pretty good water here.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not familiar with water softeners - do they remove all minerals from the water like the CR Spotless systems and eliminate the need for drying? Or do they simply reduce water spotting? I remember my CR Spotless system came with a warning not to drink the water as all minerals and nutrients were removed by the system; don't water softeners produce drinkable water with some minerals retained? If minerals are left then I would think water spotting would still be somewhat of an issue, just reduced from what the hard water would leave behind.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk