autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gtechniq citrus wash?

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    Isn't 1:400 the final dilution. The foam cannon adds some water. So, you would need a stronger concentrate in the bottle, no?
    They don't say that. They say specifically to use 400/1 in the foam bottle

Post Thanks / Like

why don't you drop an email on technical@gtechniq.com
    and ask?

By their marketing, W4 is a *PRE-wash*, not a full/final wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Look up dilution calculator in your apps section or just Google it. You can put in in dilution ratio for whatever size bottle and it gives you precise amount of product and water.

Post Thanks / Like

They almost every time write the final solution. A foamcannon dilution is often between 1:15-1:25 on max dilution on the foamcannon. W4 citrus foam is for normal dilution 1:400 and 1:200 for heavy soiled dirt in final dilution. You can use it as a degreaser in pressure spray bottle in dilution 1:20.

If your foamcannon dilutes 1:20 and you have it on max dilution. And you dilute with 1:10 in the foamcannon bottle. You get 1:200 in final dilution on the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    They almost every time write the final solution. A foamcannon dilution is often between 1:15-1:25 on max dilution on the foamcannon. W4 citrus foam is for normal dilution 1:400 and 1:200 for heavy soiled dirt in final dilution. You can use it as a degreaser in pressure spray bottle in dilution 1:20.

If your foamcannon dilutes 1:20 and you have it on max dilution. And you dilute with 1:10 in the foamcannon bottle. You get 1:200 in final dilution on the car.
    nice thanks, It has to be either wrong or what you're saying otherwise it would be a drop of soap in a 16 oz bottle. A literal drop

i have the foam cannon from autogeek anyone know the finial dilution?

Autogeek Pressure Washer Foam Cannon HP, foam lance, foam wash gun, pressure washer foamer

Post Thanks / Like

I would think it’s more about the settings to figure out how far the cannon dilutes.

By changing the mixing knob I can either use a 32oz cannon bottle of solution in one car or tweak it and get up to three cars.

By knowing your pw gallons per minute, and seeing how much solution you use in a minutes worth of spraying you may get pretty close.

I.e 2gpm, using 8oz in a minute would be roughly 32:1, at a 10:1 solution would result in 320:1.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    nice thanks, It has to be either wrong or what you're saying otherwise it would be a drop of soap in a 16 oz bottle. A literal drop

i have the foam cannon from autogeek anyone know the finial dilution?

Autogeek Pressure Washer Foam Cannon HP, foam lance, foam wash gun, pressure washer foamer
    I meant not the dilution in the bottle 1:400. It's the dilution when gone through the PW. If you have the original foamcannon bottle in 1 liter it's about 32oz.

Those foamcannons is the dilution 1:15-1:25 depending on what kind of pressure and water flow your PW has. I'm used to the metric system so it's hard för me to convert to the imperial system. You can measure the dilution your foamcannon has. I will explain it in the metric system so maybe you can convert it.

You fill up the foamcannon 1 liter bottle and attach it to the PW. Then you spray it in a wash bucket till the 1l bottle is empty. And measure the water you get in the bucket or often 2 buckets needed. For an example if you get 20 liter of water from the buckets. Your foamcannon dilution is 1:20. If you get 15 liter of water from the buckets it dilutes 1:15 and so on. If measure in oz and have a 32 oz bottle and you get 640oz you get the 1:20 dilution from the foamcannon. The setting on the foamcannon you set on max chemical output.

And for making it simple if you have 32oz foamcannon bottle start with 4oz citrus foam and the rest water and if possible finger warm water. The max setting on the chemical dilution on the foamcannon. And if you have a 16oz bottle 2oz citrus foam and the rest water. Then if you get a to thick of foam adjust it to less chemical to you get satisfied with the foam. This dilution is to a final dilution about 1:200 maybe a little stronger than that.

8. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I meant not the dilution in the bottle 1:400. It's the dilution when gone through the PW. If you have the original foamcannon bottle in 1 liter it's about 32oz.

Those foamcannons is the dilution 1:15-1:25 depending on what kind of pressure and water flow your PW has. I'm used to the metric system so it's hard för me to convert to the imperial system. You can measure the dilution your foamcannon has. I will explain it in the metric system so maybe you can convert it.

You fill up the foamcannon 1 liter bottle and attach it to the PW. Then you spray it in a wash bucket till the 1l bottle is empty. And measure the water you get in the bucket or often 2 buckets needed. For an example if you get 20 liter of water from the buckets. Your foamcannon dilution is 1:20. If you get 15 liter of water from the buckets it dilutes 1:15 and so on. If measure in oz and have a 32 oz bottle and you get 640oz you get the 1:20 dilution from the foamcannon. The setting on the foamcannon you set on max chemical output.

And for making it simple if you have 32oz foamcannon bottle start with 4oz citrus foam and the rest water and if possible finger warm water. The max setting on the chemical dilution on the foamcannon. And if you have a 16oz bottle 2oz citrus foam and the rest water. Then if you get a to thick of foam adjust it to less chemical to you get satisfied with the foam. This dilution is to a final dilution about 1:200 maybe a little stronger than that.
    Thanks I ended up using about 1.5 to 2 ounces in the 1 liter bottle and I got a nice thick foam. I still think the way the are writing the directions is way to complicated but I will take your word for it about them using finial dilution. I don't know how one would find that out with the foam cannon I have because they don't tell you anywhere on this site what the finial dilution would be.

It did work good though with the 1.5 oz so there it is thank you

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry old post but this may help. The manufacturers in europe often quote final panel impact ratio. They do it so that the dilution ratio is not impacted by the model of pressure washer you have. As others have pointed out measure out how many gallons or ounces it takes to empty out the canister and that becomes your PW dilution ratio. I used to measure it out precisely but now i just do 1 to 10 or 1 to 5 in the foaming bottle and adjust from there to get the foam i like.

Cheers

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

11. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Always wanted to know if there was any True Difference between using GTechniq "Wash" vs this "Citrus Wash" in a Foam Cannon. Would love to hear how they differ as soaps? I use the Regular "Wash" and obtain decent foam properties out of the MTM Cannon setup. All of these Ratios seem way too low IMHO- I don't recall ever using that "little" amount before. Use of the Cap is generally half an ounce - unless Im thinking of ONR?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12