autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How much Towel Kleen in top loading washer? (Not HE)

Subject says it all. The directions talk about a specific type of machine. I'm using a standard. I see a lot of talk about 2 oz in a HE machine. Is that good for a medium load in a non HE?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much Towel Kleen in top loading washer? (Not HE)

Quote Originally Posted by jdgamble View Post
    Subject says it all. The directions talk about a specific type of machine. I'm using a standard. I see a lot of talk about 2 oz in a HE machine. Is that good for a medium load in a non HE?

Thanks.

It also depends on how soft or hard your water is and how many towels you are washing. Start with 1 oz. I prefer much less rather than much more because I want the rinse water to be clear.

Post Thanks / Like

2oz. per 10 heavily soiled towels. [size doesn’t matter, no pun intended]

2oz. per 20 towels max if they’re not really soiled. [for example your wash mitts & drying towels]

If you’re doing a large load [30 towels] of heavily soiled towels [for example towels you’ve used for rinseless/waterless washing or interior cleaning] you want to go 2oz. per 10 towels + another 2oz. for good measure.. So if I’m doing a load of 30 heavily soiled towels I use 8oz. of Towel Kleen/water level Extra Large/Hot water/Regular speed agitation in a top loading traditional washer.

Allow for a bit of water to run and then add the detergent in order to create good suds before putting your towels into the washer.

Tumble dry on low for 30 min.

[if your towels are Super Dirty, for example grade F towels, running them through the washer a 2nd time immediately after the 1st cycle is Completely done really helps them get alot cleaner]

That’s what I do and what I recommend for best results with 3D Towel Kleen.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback guys

5. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    2oz. per 10 heavily soiled towels. [size doesn’t matter, no pun intended]

2oz. per 20 towels max if they’re not really soiled. [for example your wash mitts & drying towels]

If you’re doing a large load [30 towels] of heavily soiled towels [for example towels you’ve used for rinseless/waterless washing or interior cleaning] you want to go 2oz. per 10 towels + another 2oz. for good measure.. So if I’m doing a load of 30 heavily soiled towels I use 8oz. of Towel Kleen/water level Extra Large/Hot water/Regular speed agitation in a top loading traditional washer.

Allow for a bit of water to run and then add the detergent in order to create good suds before putting your towels into the washer.

Tumble dry on low for 30 min.

[if your towels are Super Dirty, for example grade F towels, running them through the washer a 2nd time immediately after the 1st cycle is Completely done really helps them get alot cleaner]

That’s what I do and what I recommend for best results with 3D Towel Kleen.

That is a lot of detergent. We have very soft water (via water softener) and it would take a lot of rinses to get all of the suds out. How many rinses do you do? We have a small professional front loader (the small Wascomat at the local laundromat). I can't imagine putting in 8 oz into ours. I would be running rinse and spin cycles for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    That is a lot of detergent. We have very soft water (via water softener) and it would take a lot of rinses to get all of the suds out. How many rinses do you do? We have a small professional front loader (the small Wascomat at the local laundromat). I can't imagine putting in 8 oz into ours. I would be running rinse and spin cycles for a long time.
    It’s not alot of detergent if you’re washing 30 heavily soiled towels taking up nearly the entire capacity of the washer. Even at 8oz. the suds are usually non existent halfways through the wash cycle. There’s practically no suds to rinse away.

You have to keep in mind that heavily soiled towels means Heavily soiled towels.

You also have to remember that he’s not using a front loading washing machine, he’s using a traditional top loader. Old school washers aren’t sensitive to suds like those new washers are.

8. Thanks RamAirV1, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s not alot of detergent if you’re washing 30 heavily soiled towels taking up nearly the entire capacity of the washer. Even at 8oz. the suds are usually non existent halfways through the wash cycle. There’s practically no suds to rinse away.

You have to keep in mind that heavily soiled towels means Heavily soiled towels.

You also have to remember that he’s not using a front loading washing machine, he’s using a traditional top loader. Old school washers aren’t sensitive to suds like those new washers are.
    When the towels are that dirty, do you need to presoak them? If you don't that is even more impressive and I will definitely be ordering some of this cleaner!

RamAirV1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirV1 View Post
    When the towels are that dirty, do you need to presoak them? If you don't that is even more impressive and I will definitely be ordering some of this cleaner!

RamAirV1
    I used to pre soak or more like pre wash them by hand in my 5 gallon bucket filled with car wash soap to knock off the majority of loose dirt by just dunking them a few times and quikly agitating them on the grit guard. But lately I’ve been too lazy to do that and just stick them in the washer just like that.
    FYI that’s plain dust/dirt from waterless washing, not hardcore grease or anything like that.

You’ll see a big difference in how it affects the suds during the wash. If you don’t pre wash them, the suds [even from 6-8oz] in a large load of heavily soiled towels will be almost totally diminished midway through the wash cycle. But if you pre wash the towels the suds from using 6-8oz. will still be there at the end of the wash cycle.

I’m washing my mitts and some drying towels right now. This is what the suds from 2oz. look like midway during the wash cycle. Keep in mind this is a large load using max water.

IMO that’s the ideal amount of suds during a wash. That’s 2oz. washing a full load of nearly clean microfibers. If that same amount of microfibers was heavily soiled, I would’ve used 6-8oz. and the suds would be the same except the water would look dirty.

11. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, those are heavily soiled!!! LOL. I guess I only wash vehicles that don't have more than a week or so on them so I never have them look that way. Whew!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    Wow, those are heavily soiled!!! LOL. I guess I only wash vehicles that don't have more than a week or so on them so I never have them look that way. Whew!!!
    It’s really not that crazy... All you have to do is go over the bumper skirts [especially on the rear of the vehicle] and you’re sure to pick up a heavy amount of dirt when doing a waterless wash. I’ll usually start with a clean side of the towel on the door, and once I’m done wiping the door down I take that same side of the towel and go over the bumper skirt, which is why those towels wind up getting that dirty from a waterless wash.

It’s also why you’ll never see me throwing money away on overpriced beagle edgeless towels when the Kirklands do a much better job and I don’t have to cringe when they get dirty.How much Towel Kleen in top loading washer? (Not HE)

14. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Likes Finick, RamAirV1, dlc95 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast