autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz uk 3.9 and reload

I meant to say cquartz 3.0 not 3.9 in the title

Should reload be applied within the first hour after cquartz uk3.0 application or later? Also, should i dilute reload 1:1 for a black car so it doesn't streak?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz uk 3.9 and reload

Cquartz uk 3.9 and reload-img_9932-jpg
    This is straight from carpros website regarding UK 3.0 and Reload application time.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

3. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just coated my black S5 this weekend with 3.0 and used reload undiluted a 1/2 hour later with no streaking. This was my first time using a ceramic coating and it was easier than I thought it would be and didn't get a single high spot.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice...hopefully I’ll have a similar experience. How long did you it leave on before buffing it off? Did you use Microfiber towels or microsuede towels?

Post Thanks / Like

I buffed it off almost as soon as I was done wiping on. I would say less than 30 seconds, the temp was mid 60's. I did the cross hatch and you can feel it getting grabby/sticky as you wipe. I then used microsuede to easily wipe it off. Make sure that you have really good lighting to see any missed spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by machz View Post
    I just coated my black S5 this weekend with 3.0 and used reload undiluted a 1/2 hour later with no streaking. This was my first time using a ceramic coating and it was easier than I thought it would be and didn't get a single high spot.
    I've been reading and studying a lot about CQUK 3.0 before I apply to a new white Tiguan. I've been reading about "high spots". It sounds pretty self explanatory, but my question is is that when to much product is applied to a spot and how do you avoid it. Additionally, will you know you have a high spot while applying, or do you have to wait until it flashes? And how do you correct if it happens? Thanks.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by machz View Post
    Make sure that you have really good lighting to see any missed spots.
    I second this. For some reason I find it leaving more spots to remove than the previous version. Perhaps I’m using it wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

I used a single stripe down the applicator then wiped in a cross hatch pattern twice in each direction. I then was able to wipe it off without any problem for 90% of the time. i did see a couple of high spots but I think it has more to do with the removal than it does the application. It looked more like I missed a spot wiping and I was able to go back and wipe it off without drama. I even saw one that I had missed and it sat on the paint for 30 + min before I noticed it and I was able to just wipe it off. I'm sure temp and humidity play a large part in time you have to work with it. Like I said use good lighting and take your time and triple check for missed/high spots from every angle possible. and you should be fine.

I have to say the beading is a little different than I am used to after a wash. It looks like the beads are smaller (maybe my imagination) and I did my normal drive up the road and back and the car was almost completely dry.