autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Brand Top to Bottom

As of today, it would be Optimum for me. No contest.

If CarPro had polishers they would be second.

Post Thanks / Like

If addressing the original post and staying here on AG.... would Griots or Gyeon. I love CarPros and use alot of their products but Gyeon makes alot more products like LeatherCoat and their wax that I like.

If Griots had a true solid coating it would be them Best Brand Top to Bottom

If going off AG......

Mckees if I was to do this for a living and price per vehicle were important.....

Since i’m not Polish Angel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If Meguiar's made their Professional Detailer lineup a little more premium, they'd get the easy nod from me. There's affordable pricing, and then there's pricing that's so low that it makes you question what's wrong with the product.

Two Meguiar's products that fall into the "priced too low" category for me are D101 APC and D140 Wheel Brightener. My wholesale price for a gallon of D101 is $13. Compare that to CarPro Multi X, which is $74 for me. That's an insane discrepancy for two products with similar dilutions. It makes you immediately think - "why is a product like D101 priced so low?". Is it the product safety? I know D101 has a 3 NFPA Health Hazard rating, which is extremely high for a simple APC and is one reason I no longer buy it. Pricing gives off a very powerful message, and I think if Meguiar's replaced a few products with products at slightly higher price points, it'd do them a world of good for their brand image.

As far as CarPro, a giant red flag for me is the fact that their SDS sheets aren't readily available online. After peeling back the labels on some of their products to read the health hazard warnings, I think I understand why. Some pretty intense health hazard warnings

5. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Taking into account cost and efficiency, I would choose car pro. Blackfire would be up there except a lot of their stuff is pretty expensive and other stuff works just as well. But overall I think the utility infielder of the group for novices is still Meguires,…
    Glen -

7. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Autobahnd View Post
    If Meguiar's made their Professional Detailer lineup a little more premium, they'd get the easy nod from me. There's affordable pricing, and then there's pricing that's so low that it makes you question what's wrong with the product.

Two Meguiar's products that fall into the "priced too low" category for me are D101 APC and D140 Wheel Brightener. My wholesale price for a gallon of D101 is $13. Compare that to CarPro Multi X, which is $74 for me. That's an insane discrepancy for two products with similar dilutions. It makes you immediately think - "why is a product like D101 priced so low?". Is it the product safety? I know D101 has a 3 NFPA Health Hazard rating, which is extremely high for a simple APC and is one reason I no longer buy it. Pricing gives off a very powerful message, and I think if Meguiar's replaced a few products with products at slightly higher price points, it'd do them a world of good for their brand image.

As far as CarPro, a giant red flag for me is the fact that their SDS sheets aren't readily available online. After peeling back the labels on some of their products to read the health hazard warnings, I think I understand why. Some pretty intense health hazard warnings
    Interesting about the health hazard warnings. That's not too reassuring. As a science geek I wish there was more technical data revealed on some of these products and how they work. 99% of the time people have no idea and go by what feels and looks best.

When you read a chemists posts like PiPUK you realize it's a crapshoot.

The only brands I've used so far are - Megs, TW, OPT, Griot's and Gyeon. I was never dissatisfied with any of them.

I can definitely be OCD with my cars, but I'm also a minimalist. I don't like having a huge inventory of products and like to keep it as simple as possible.

9. Likes Autobahnd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    +1 Agree. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Especially like the specialty products like trim restorer, water spot remover and glass coating.

I like Megs for the Detailer Line gallon values (glass cleaner, APC, degreaser, etc.)
    I was using 75% McKee’s products. They’re getting pretty proud of some of their stuff. I especially like their iron remover but 100.00 for a gallon? I just ordered a gallon of Blackfire at 60.00 on sale, I’ll give that a shot. If I don’t like it I guess I’ll have to pay the 100.00. Definitely used to be the best bang for the buck but the prices have me trying others.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

I understand one can buy the Valugard decontamination ABC three separate product system for around $81. I think I'm going to stick with that unless shipping is crazy.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

12. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Likes Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I was using 75% McKee’s products. They’re getting pretty proud of some of their stuff. I especially like their iron remover but 100.00 for a gallon? I just ordered a gallon of Blackfire at 60.00 on sale, I’ll give that a shot. If I don’t like it I guess I’ll have to pay the 100.00. Definitely used to be the best bang for the buck but the prices have me trying others.
    I agree. They're starting to take themselves out of competition with their ridiculous pricing.

CarPro (favorite), Griots, and McKees are my three most often go to's. There's a reason they keep popping up through out this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Autobahnd View Post

That is why I moved from both of those to Optimum Power Clean. It's pretty expensive, but It's also very effective. Nowhere near as "hot" as D101 or MultiX. Fumes aren't as intense either.

We use D101 and MultiX at work though. One of our techs burned plastic a few times with it.

15. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    The Blackfire iron remover works as well as every other I’ve tried. Gyeon, sonax, Adam’s, mckees, carpro etc.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast