autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Brand Top to Bottom

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    I guess nobody is considering polishers in this equation. Besides coatings, the most complete and highest quality products belongs to Griot's Garage, you could easily stick with this one company and cover all of your detailing needs with the best products or amongst the best out there. Second would be Megs since they have a polisher as well.
    This is actually very true. In the spirit of the OP's original question. If one were to have to go out and use ONE line of product, machinery included.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes RZJZA80, VISITOR, JMak97008 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    I think the problem with GG is they are too expensive in large quantities. Their gallon quantities are really prohibitive and they don't sell concentrates the way that Megs does.
    That might be true, but to answer the top to bottom pick one question, nobody else can compete with GG except Megs but they'd be lacking severely in the polisher area.

4. Likes PaulMys, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    This is actually very true. In the spirit of the OP's original question. If one were to have to go out and use ONE line of product, machinery included.
    Exactly, I mean, that is what was asked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    And have for 22 years.

I really like products manufactured by the vendor. Meguiar's has always been a faithful ally in making cars shiny and clean.
    What other vendors manufacture in-house? How about PBMG?

Post Thanks / Like

I guess nobody is considering polishers in this equation. Besides coatings, the most complete and highest quality products belongs to Griot's Garage, you could easily stick with this one company and cover all of your detailing needs with the best products or amongst the best out there. Second would be Megs since they have a polisher as well.
    Good point.

Still megs for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    What other vendors manufacture in-house? How about PBMG?
    If I'm not mistaken GG makes all their own chemicals.

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm not mistaken GG makes all their own chemicals.

10. Likes PaulMys, luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea but it seems like half of the tools in the Griots catalog are relabeled with Griots Garage and marked up in price. Tisk tiskBest Brand Top to Bottomlol.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m going out on a limb here saying there is no Chemical plant making PBMG products at the address where Mike and Meghan have their office. Likely done through private agreements with a semi local manufacturer same as mckees and most of the others. When Wolfgang polishes are made by menzerna/jescar that tells you right there it’s not in house the other makers are just no big names in our business to tag and brag about

You would almost have to pick Griot’s for a one company place with tools included. Flex isn’t selling a complete line of chemicals. Rupes isn’t either. A single megs da is gonna limit it for a living but could be done. I would say chemicals one company your tools could come from anywhere.

Some love rotaries and those usually are Dewalt or makita out there in the wild. Not finding AIOs made by those 2 lol

Blackfire is really coming out with looks like a direct competition line to mckees.

OPT, Griot’s, Poorboys, Blackfire, Megs, Carpro, Mckees, and Sonax all good choices off here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes has a rather bit line of chemical products. It's just not offered on AGO. I think that voc compatible products is an issue to get the whole line of products sometimes. Or at least some products is not able to be offered in the US cause restraining regulation. Sonax has alot more products offered in EU as other brands from here has.

I'm not so bound to one brand. Of course you get interested in other products from one brand if you find one product to be awesome. And also the other way around if you try out a product and it's not working for me I don't stay away from other products from them. If it's a smaller brand I don't test out their whole line. But if I see a few people have great success with another product from them it may be that I test that out. If the product I use can be better for my likeing.

For sure if one brand would have a top product in every part of the detailing it would be great. But what fun would that be. As if there would be only one car brand to buy. The search for the best products for me. Is a part of the fun. Reading what other uses and shareing what I uses is a bit of a hobby on it self.

15. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast