autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailing a White 2016 Corolla tomorrow - may try McKee's 360 - cupla ?'s

Car is DD and looks like it hasn't had a wax job in awhile, likely ever. Swirls actually less than expected. I'll go with a wash, clay, and AIO. In keeping with the basic principle of removing the least amount of clearcoat to get the job done, I'll likely start with LC flat white pad and see how that does and go to an orange pad if necessary.

I probably have enough HD Speed for the job but I may try the 360 and especially curious about the 5-6 claim on protection.

I have a couple of questions/clarifications about 360:

1) Is the work time similar to HD Speed ? Assume yes.

2) The directions on the bottle say use a quarter size drop... I assume that's initially and less after pad is primed. Also, I'm obviously not going to put one quarter-sized drop on the pad..... maybe 3 drops equaling that size.

3) Also curious how this white paint is going to turn out... not expecting the usual pop I see with HD Speed. We'll see.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Avgguy; 04-25-2018 at 07:50 PM. Reason: added comment on white paint

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing a White 2016 Corolla tomorrow - may try McKee's 360 - cupla ?'s

It’s an AIO... IMO you need to work it like a compound. Try the white pad first on a test section and see if that cuts enough for you. You might have to go to orange. It should be reasonably easy to correct that year corolla.

It should look good. There is a reason speed is mentioned so often cause it’s very good at what it does. 360 is close, to me a little more cut and a little more protection but maybe not as smooth/slick of a feel. I don’t have a gloss meter so not able to comment if one looks more glossy than the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Right now 360 is the only aio I'm using, work time is long but you don't have to work it to long because it does work quick, no dust and it will make the paint pop, the gloss is nice and not much to wipe off when you're done working it

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dereksdtail View Post
    Right now 360 is the only aio I'm using, work time is long but you don't have to work it to long because it does work quick, no dust and it will make the paint pop, the gloss is nice and not much to wipe off when you're done working it

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Thanks for the replies. Derek, it was very easy to use. I also did part of the car in direct sunlight. Turned out pretty good. Really curious about Nick's claim of 5-6 months durability MINIMUM.

A few pics... car looks good but white just doesn't pop like darker colors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Detailing a White 2016 Corolla tomorrow - may try McKee's 360 - cupla ?'s-img_1437-jpg   Detailing a White 2016 Corolla tomorrow - may try McKee's 360 - cupla ?'s-img_1433-jpg   Detailing a White 2016 Corolla tomorrow - may try McKee's 360 - cupla ?'s-img_1435-jpg   Detailing a White 2016 Corolla tomorrow - may try McKee's 360 - cupla ?'s-img_1438-jpg