autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts on cquartz uk 3.0

Anyone applied the new cquartz uk 3.0? I just ordered it and was wondering and if anybody had tried it out.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thoughts on cquartz uk 3.0

I've been using it for the past week or so on a six month old car and I can't tell the difference in appearance between it and the previous version (not to say there isn't any). I know it's supposed to be easier to wipe off, and I may be applying too much, but it appears to be "smearing" more on suede towels. In other words, when I wipe it I have to be sure to use a clean side of suede for every swipe and triple check for any left on the paint. That said I can wipe it off almost immediately. Carpro Gliss seems to apply on top of it easier than the previous version. Overall I'll continue using it if only based on faith in their marketing that it is better.

I'm a hobbyist so my observations may not be as sound as a professional.

3. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interested as well. Haven't used it but am not sure if it's available stateside yet outside carpro direct.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadRims View Post
    I've been using it for the past week or so on a six month old car and I can't tell the difference in appearance between it and the previous version (not to say there isn't any). I know it's supposed to be easier to wipe off, and I may be applying too much, but it appears to be "smearing" more on suede towels. In other words, when I wipe it I have to be sure to use a clean side of suede for every swipe and triple check for any left on the paint. That said I can wipe it off almost immediately. Carpro Gliss seems to apply on top of it easier than the previous version. Overall I'll continue using it if only based on faith in their marketing that it is better.

I'm a hobbyist so my observations may not be as sound as a professional.
    A clean side of a suede towel for every swipe seems a bit much. You either are using too much product or not letting it flash. What was the temp and humidity?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    A clean side of a suede towel for every swipe seems a bit much. You either are using too much product or not letting it flash. What was the temp and humidity?
    Temp: 65f
    humidity: 70%

I started to see the rainbow colors but I was only waiting about 30 seconds or so. I'll try letting it get closer to the two minute limit that they put on the bottle... Most likely I'm using too much product...

Post Thanks / Like

The main difference in the new version is easy to use at any temp, cold or hot,
    important is to apply thin layer and even, to let flash about 1 min than to wipe off with short pile mf or the suedes.
    its not marketing trick, we never lie in our products, its made to be easy for starters or pro users with same durability we proven with cquk in the past years.

8. Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    important is to apply thin layer and even, to let flash about 1 min than to wipe off with short pile mf or the suedes.
    its not marketing trick, we never lie in our products, its made to be easy for starters or pro users with same durability we proven with cquk in the past years.
    I tried using less after the feedback in this thread and it seemed to be easier to remove. I’ll try waiting a full minute as well. Seems like a good product.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I used it recently and was initially frustrated. Couldn’t figure out the proper timing to wipe it off. Finally figured out that I was using too much. Much easier to wipe off after that. Still much more finicky to apply than gloss-coat but it seems that cquartz uk’s longevity is better. Time will tell.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonloc08 View Post
    I used it recently and was initially frustrated. Couldn’t figure out the proper timing to wipe it off. Finally figured out that I was using too much. Much easier to wipe off after that. Still much more finicky to apply than gloss-coat but it seems that cquartz uk’s longevity is better. Time will tell.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I always read about folks having issues removing cquk 2.0 (or whatever that now-last version is called) but it was always easy for me to remove after a few minutes.

Regardless I’ve got about 10 different carpro products on my minivan....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    Can it be used on vinyl wraps?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast