autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need to restock some sealant---Is there any WOWO sealant with 1 year durability?

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Not really, c2v3 is an actual spray coating. They say 8 months on that. I use it it can be used alone with nothing else
    Have to say that I've been less than impressed with C2V3. Used over CSL last year, and the vehicle's self-cleaning/lack of water spots actually improved after 2 months, likely when the C2V3 wore off.

Personally, the trend in the last 6-8 months to market what were previously complimentary products to coated vehicles (Reload, C2V3 and a cornucopia of SiO2 spray sealants that "can be used on top of a coating or as a stand-alone") is something I've found to be somewhat lacking in delivery of performance with regards to manufacturer claims...and I've got 10 of 'em on the shelf that I've used in a variety of situations.

Considering how streaky some of those can be to apply, I'd prefer something "with a little more beef" to it if I want a spray sealant, hence my affinity for Gyeon CanCoat. For me, it's easier and quicker to apply and provides much more performance to a than a re-marketed 'booster product'.

Was either on this forum or sister site where someone got a solid year outta CanCoat doing nothing more to maintain it than Gyeon Bathe+.

2. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
    Likes MattPersman, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need to restock some sealant---Is there any WOWO sealant with 1 year durability?

I agree with Budget. CanCoat is simple to use and you will get at least 6 months, and up to a year. I wish I had tried it long ago. Car stays cleaner too. If you want a traditional wipe on, haze, wipe off, my favorite is WG. Super easy on and off.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Have to say that I've been less than impressed with C2V3. Used over CSL last year, and the vehicle's self-cleaning/lack of water spots actually improved after 2 months, likely when the C2V3 wore off.

Personally, the trend in the last 6-8 months to market what were previously complimentary products to coated vehicles (Reload, C2V3 and a cornucopia of SiO2 spray sealants that "can be used on top of a coating or as a stand-alone") is something I've found to be somewhat lacking in delivery of performance with regards to manufacturer claims...and I've got 10 of 'em on the shelf that I've used in a variety of situations.

Considering how streaky some of those can be to apply, I'd prefer something "with a little more beef" to it if I want a spray sealant, hence my affinity for Gyeon CanCoat. For me, it's easier and quicker to apply and provides much more performance to a than a re-marketed 'booster product'.

Was either on this forum or sister site where someone got a solid year outta CanCoat doing nothing more to maintain it than Gyeon Bathe+.
    When csl first came out the gtech guy told me Not to top csl woth c2v3...at DF they said it was ok to top...beats me who is right

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by funyfarm View Post
    When csl first came out the gtech guy told me Not to top csl woth c2v3...at DF they said it was ok to top...beats me who is right

Had a company who released a new product (topper/topcoat type deal) last Winter and I asked best way to apply, they said "A few sprays on a microfiber to apply" which woulda been nice except the product came with a polish-style top, not a sprayer. Next piece of advice was "Let it sit/flash for 5, 10, 15 or 20 minutes, whatever works best". I can appreciate 'quirky' until it becomes inconvenient.

One Gtechniq rep told me the issue was using 2 coats of CSL instead of 1 and then topping with C2V3...consistency is not a hallmark of some.

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Had a company who released a new product (topper/topcoat type deal) last Winter and I asked best way to apply, they said "A few sprays on a microfiber to apply" which woulda been nice except the product came with a polish-style top, not a sprayer. Next piece of advice was "Let it sit/flash for 5, 10, 15 or 20 minutes, whatever works best". I can appreciate 'quirky' until it becomes inconvenient.

One Gtechniq rep told me the issue was using 2 coats of CSL instead of 1 and then topping with C2V3...consistency is not a hallmark of some.
    Consistency should be Mandatory for a company rep... but I'm just a hack so what do I know

FWIW, I was at least told only one coat of csl is needed..so there's some consistency I guess

8. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    As for WOWO, and a "Sealant", you can call Collinite #845 Insulator Wax, and #476 Super Doublecoat Wax "Warm Looking Sealants" if it makes you feel better when you sleep.

They are supposedly hybrids, and it's probably how they get their very long lasting protection.

#476 claims one year, and I think you'll be pushing it even with this product. But I doubt you'll find much else that will protect as long and as well, short of a Paint Coating, especially for the cash outlay.

I always liked one aspect of #476, and it was after an application, you look at the Can and say that "Gee, it looks like I didn't even use it!".
    It is a challenge using up a can of this stuff. If you never tried it, it will impress you on all levels.

Collinite Super DoubleCoat Auto Wax #476
    I really like 476s, however you need to apply it thin-thin-thin. If not, you will be in for a battle to get it off. A can does last for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tom,
    There are tons of options out there that could get you close. Your looking for my favorite type of products. Not a coating but close to it in longevity. There are several hybrid products out there for people like us who don't like to use coatings or have the facilities to properly install the coating the right way. Here are a couple to check out. Some are reasonably priced and some are expensive but you have to be objective and take into consideration the cost of a coating and having the facilities to do a proper install. (Some of these may be difficult to source in the states but you can find reasonable shipping rates from the UK you just have make some phone calls.) I just tossed a bunch of stuff on this list not are all "sealants" some are hybrid waxes, either way you can still apply them with a DA. The one I find most impressive after a little research is the Koch Chemie sealant. Most of these I have heard about on UK forums and just reading or watching UK youtube detailing channels.
    Dr. Beasley's Plasma Coat.
    Polish Angel - Master Sealant
    Angel Wax Enigma
    Nippon Shine Fusso Coat (really, really cheap for what you get. It will last a year with good care. You can get this in the states.)
    Jay's Wax - Ceramic wax
    WaxAddict - Quartz Wax
    TAC Systems - Moonlight
    Fireball - Fusion
    PowerMaxed - Tsunami
    Wax Planet - Oblivion, Shield of Dreams V2
    WoWo's- Nanocoat, Contact 121
    Koch Chemie - 1K Nano Sealant
    inDetail, "It's all in the details."

11. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cpdetail View Post
    has anyone tried the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant? How is it in comparison to Reload, Sonax polymer Net SHeild and Rupes p808?
    No doubt countless members here have tried Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0.

I've never done any side by side tests with the products you wish to compare to, am a regular Reload user, but cannot tell you how all compares in the longevity department.

I will say though, that this Sealant is one of the most beautiful looking Sealants, and one of the most easiest I've ever used. This stuff is just fun to apply, and to remove. And the looks are absolutely stunning!

The entire Wolfgang line are some really great products that work. If you had to pin me down to only one brand to use on a treasured vehicle, I'd have to pick Wolfgang as my #1 choice.

13. Thanks TMQ, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes Goonie75, mrbtd, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any thoughts on Griots One-Step?

(Thanks, Allen. )
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Ultima a Paint Guard a Plus
    Rupes 808
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

16. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast