autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need to restock some sealant---Is there any WOWO sealant with 1 year durability?

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

Gyeon CanCoat can be considered WOWO but needs that prep wipe as it could be considered a coating lite. This one is roughly 6-9 months. Very versatile and one of my personal favs.

Quote Originally Posted by tmdals0213 View Post

Also have heard many great things about can coat Need to restock some sealant---Is there any WOWO sealant with 1 year durability?
    CanCoat is great stuff; easy, quick application, great candy gloss, wonderful water behavior and self cleaning properties.

https://youtu.be/DI7AQ2l7l_g

2. Thanks tmdals0213, TMQ thanked for this post
    Likes tmdals0213, The Guz, ronkh57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need to restock some sealant---Is there any WOWO sealant with 1 year durability?

Pinnacle black label sealant claims a year, but ymmv, I’ve heard 6+ months, which I think is the most you’ll get with other top sealants. NOTE: I it’s WOWO, which I think is wipe on wipe off, which is what was asked for by OP (I could be incorrect though based on what he’s leaning towards).

4. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They all last a year if you don’t mind reapplying every few months lol Need to restock some sealant---Is there any WOWO sealant with 1 year durability?

You are here. You obviously want actual protection from your product so use something often is better than pretending to believe the marketing of all the “up to “ claims that will apply to less than 1%

I would just apply every 3 months any of them unless you are using a coating then probably once a year or 18 months obviously a ton more work at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Reload won’t get you 1 year. At best a few weeks before it needs reapplication. Similar to Gyeon Cure and GTechniq C2v3.

Rupes P808 and Sonax PNS are both good and will net roughly 6 months.

Meguiar’s Ultimate Fast Finish claims 1 year but a few months is more realistic like the other two.

Opti-Seal is another. Easy to apply but does not last that long.

Mckee’s just came out with 10 minute paint sealant and Nick has mentioned it to last up to 6 months.

Gyeon CanCoat can be considered WOWO but needs that prep wipe as it could be considered a coating lite. This one is roughly 6-9 months. Very versatile and one of my personal favs.
    Not really, c2v3 is an actual spray coating. They say 8 months on that. I use it it can be used alone with nothing else

7. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Opti-Seal and UPGP.

I not sure if either will make it a year on their own.

I think I’ve read where UPGP got close to that for someone(don’t quote me on that). It does seem to hold up well, but I always end up topping it or hitting it with a wash and wax product.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO:
    •Depending on “the conditions” the
    vehicle is going to be faced with...
    -it’ll be quite the tall order to expect
    and get a year’s longevity out of many,
    if not most, paint Sealants.

•However, applying “The Klasse Twins”
    (with ~12-24 hours cure-time window
    for the KHGSG);
    -and, then, by adding complementary
    applications of Sonus Acrylic Glanz:
    -you just may have a chance of getting
    closer to your stated goal.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

10. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As for WOWO, and a "Sealant", you can call Collinite #845 Insulator Wax, and #476 Super Doublecoat Wax "Warm Looking Sealants" if it makes you feel better when you sleep.

They are supposedly hybrids, and it's probably how they get their very long lasting protection.

#476 claims one year, and I think you'll be pushing it even with this product. But I doubt you'll find much else that will protect as long and as well, short of a Paint Coating, especially for the cash outlay.

I always liked one aspect of #476, and it was after an application, you look at the Can and say that "Gee, it looks like I didn't even use it!".
    It is a challenge using up a can of this stuff. If you never tried it, it will impress you on all levels.

Collinite Super DoubleCoat Auto Wax #476

12. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
    Likes Thunderbucket liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom if you are interested in PBL paint sealant go ahead and PM me your address. I have an unused bottle.

14. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

has anyone tried the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant? How is it in comparison to Reload, Sonax polymer Net SHeild and Rupes p808?

Post Thanks / Like

The closest thing I can think of to your requirement would be McKee's 37 Paint Coating. It's a coating vs a sealant, but it applies in a similar fashion as many of the spray based WOWO products and should actually last much longer than a year if needed.

I can't speak for V2, but it only took me about 20 minutes to fully coat my car with V1 and the process could not have been easier.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast