autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone watch youtube detailers?

Quote Originally Posted by irvsmith View Post
    My hook was AMMONYC in an effort to main the black on my XC90. After a while I couldn’t afford to keep buying his products being in California but completely trust his technique and production value for the clips is great. I did just buy his frothe product to try out the hose less product. I trust Mike Phillips’ knowledge but wonder how much influence the sponsors have on what he recommends.

David

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Are the products good? I have never used them but always curious because I watch some of his videos.

Post Thanks / Like

As a hobbyist I watch the videos and pick and chose what would work good for me...

Junior Member Compulsive Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Apex, Dallas paint correct, autofetish, white details

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Casey Martz
    Owner/Operator @ Compulsive Detail LLC
    Http://www.compulsivedetail.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen most of them... I want to suggest Apex Detail... Hello from Guadalajara Mexico

Sent from my B1-750 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Sam View Post
    Are the products good? I have never used them but always curious because I watch some of his videos.
    They seem to work great for me. I am now using the new Frothe product and liking that a lot.

D

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the following:
    Top of the pack:
    - Ammo NYC - I particularly like how Larry presents the material, and his videos are what got me started caring about my car. His products are expensive though.
    - Apex - I like his reviews. The tests he does may not be perfect, but I find them quite a bit better than those reviews that no tests.
    - Auto Fanatic - Another one who does good reviews.

Middle of the pack:
    - Scott from DPC - I liked his earlier material, but the new stuff not so much. Also, I have lost faith on the guy after the outrageous prices in his store.
    - Obsessed garage - Content is mixed. The length of his videos kill me and his voice is so boring. Only watch selected stuff.
    - Sandro at Car Craft Auto Detailing has great content, but I can't understand his accent.

Next to try: White details.

I also like Mike Phillips (of course), but I read his articles rather than watch videos.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to watch Wilson Auto Detailing but I don’t really like his content now and I’ve disagreed with things he has preached.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the following:
    Top of the pack:
    - Ammo NYC - I particularly like how Larry presents the material, and his videos are what got me started caring about my car. His products are expensive though.
    - Apex - I like his reviews. The tests he does may not be perfect, but I find them quite a bit better than those reviews that no tests.
    - Auto Fanatic - Another one who does good reviews.

Middle of the pack:
    - Scott from DPC - I liked his earlier material, but the new stuff not so much. Also, I have lost faith on the guy after the outrageous prices in his store.
    - Obsessed garage - Content is mixed. The length of his videos kill me and his voice is so boring. Only watch selected stuff.
    - Sandro at Car Craft Auto Detailing has great content, but I can't understand his accent.

Next to try: White details.

I also like Mike Phillips (of course), but I read his articles rather than watch videos.

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Apex & Auto Detailing Podcast because they do pretty good testing. And do a lot of cheap vs expensive. My pride has been hurt a few times when a they test a cheap Walmart product against something Gyeon I own, and the Gyeon loses Both run full time detail shop and still find time to make a lot of helpful videos. I'm sure they're making something off YT but it's probably not much compared to how much work they put in the videos. Forensic Detailing's good too. And from time to time Brian from Apex will wear a shirt sent in from a fellow detailer's company. And he'll tell the views about the business, he does it for free, just because he wants to help out other detailers, which is very commendable. I mean none of them are in his area so it's not like they're his competition lol. But it's still pretty damn cool he does that.

He doesn't make videos any more, but years ago I learned a ton from Junkman2000. And from time to time The Rag Company posts some really solid detailing videos. Auto Fetish has some good content, but he tends to be long winded. I emailed him one asking a question, and I literally got a page long e-mail back. He's exactly like in his videos lol. Pretty knowledgeable dude though for sure.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j.williams@perpetualradiance View Post
    Apex & Auto Detailing Podcast because they do pretty good testing. And do a lot of cheap vs expensive. My pride has been hurt a few times when a they test a cheap Walmart product against something Gyeon I own, and the Gyeon loses Both run full time detail shop and still find time to make a lot of helpful videos. I'm sure they're making something off YT but it's probably not much compared to how much work they put in the videos. Forensic Detailing's good too. And from time to time Brian from Apex will wear a shirt sent in from a fellow detailer's company. And he'll tell the views about the business, he does it for free, just because he wants to help out other detailers, which is very commendable. I mean none of them are in his area so it's not like they're his competition lol. But it's still pretty damn cool he does that.

He doesn't make videos any more, but years ago I learned a ton from Junkman2000. And from time to time The Rag Company posts some really solid detailing videos. Auto Fetish has some good content, but he tends to be long winded. I emailed him one asking a question, and I literally got a page long e-mail back. He's exactly like in his videos lol. Pretty knowledgeable dude though for sure.
    You are right, I forgot about Jimbo and his Cheap vs. expensive videos... I watch a lot of those too. The first video I saw from him was comparing AMMO Skin vs. the CG. Butter wax and how he got battered for it in the comments. Larry has some serious followers.

I hear you about Brian from Apex. You can clearly tell he is not doing this for money and wants to help people out. Honestly, if I lived in his area, I would take my car to his shop.

For me, the biggest turn off on a youtuber is the minute I sense they are more focused on trying to make money of me than putting good content. For example, the review videos I hate the most are the ones with a dude reading me the label of the product, then showing himself using it, and then saying "It is good because I say so, click the link below so I can get some money from Amazon".

Never of Junkman2000, I will look him up. I learned a lot from Larry (AMMONYC). For me he does a great job at walking the fine line of not pushing his products too much to be annoying and putting good content.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast