autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the right cquartz coating combo?

Thankyou everyone for your replies...
    Well I already knew reload is used to prevent coating from damage during its initial curing stage.. and everyone 3-4 months to add shine..
    And thanks for clearing my doubt about cquartz uk use... also I agree with you multiple coats is useless...
    Ok now to sum it up and still looking on your opinion on this..

Do you guys prefer combination of coatings like gliss topping up over uk... and still using reload every 3-4 months..
    Or uk is enough as standalone and topping with reload 3-4 months for shine and slickness... how much difference does gliss really make worth extra cost?
    I know most companies would recommend combos to push their sale.. that is why asking you end users who have better experience of end result..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desidetailer View Post
    Well I already knew reload is used to prevent coating from damage during its initial curing stage.. and everyone 3-4 months to add shine..
    And thanks for clearing my doubt about cquartz uk use... also I agree with you multiple coats is useless...

Do you guys prefer combination of coatings like gliss topping up over uk... and still using reload every 3-4 months..
    Or uk is enough as standalone and topping with reload 3-4 months for shine and slickness... how much difference does gliss really make worth extra cost?
    I know most companies would recommend combos to push their sale.. that is why asking you end users who have better experience of end result..
    Either or (Gliss or Reload) as a topper over UK or Classic. No need for both, but IMO Reload will give you better overall performance and better bang for your buck.

If you do decide to use Gliss after using Reload..you must remove the oils in Reload in order for Gliss to bond. Using TarX and Eraser is the combo recommended.

3. Thanks desidetailer, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Either or (Gliss or Reload) as a topper over UK or Classic. No need for both, but IMO Reload will give you better overall performance and better bang for your buck.

If you do decide to use Gliss after using Reload..you must remove the oils in Reload in order for Gliss to bond. Using TarX and Eraser is the combo recommended.
    If I plan to go for gliss I wont apply reload over uk, as these will be done together...

Post Thanks / Like

Tough question to answer as I like to try different things and combinations for the sake of testing. So I may not be the best person lol. I agree with Rsurfer that if you use Gliss as the topper you really don't need Reload. It won't hurt anything. Ech20 works well with Gliss with not masking too much of it's properties.

FYI CarPro is coming out with a new version of UK soon.

6. Thanks desidetailer, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Tough question to answer as I like to try different things and combinations for the sake of testing. So I may not be the best person lol. I agree with Rsurfer that if you use Gliss as the topper you really don't need Reload. It won't hurt anything. Ech20 works well with Gliss with not masking too much of it's properties.

FYI CarPro is coming out with a new version of UK soon.
    That's now worrying me when I hear anything "New Version" hitting the market, in which often the old version was better.

Even with folks like Carpro, that one "newfangled version" of Reload was a real dud IMO.

8. Likes desidetailer, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    That's now worrying me when I hear anything "New Version" hitting the market, in which often the old version was better.

Even with folks like Carpro, that one "newfangled version" of Reload was a real dud IMO.
    Here are the claims form their facebok page. Estimated availability per Corey, 3-4 weeks from now.

WHAT IF?
    What if you had a coating which is stupid easy to use at any temp.?
    What if that coating will have very strong resistance to detergents and chemicals?
    What if that coating will be very easy to wipe off without any stickiness or tacky feeling, haze, high spots etc...
    What If such coat will have great gloss and long lasting hydrophobic?
    What if this coat will resist salts residues from snowy roads?

WATCH THIS SPACE! COMING SOON FROM CARPRO

10. Thanks SWETM, desidetailer, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the right cquartz coating combo?

Thanks for the info..
    What I meant was a member used 3 coats cq siO2 then topped it up with 3 coats of cq uk and then topped it up with 2 coats of gliss... yup you maybe right that I might be a lil overthinking but just wanted to clear my doubts... are these combo really that better or its just the OCD and having a single type of coating and then topping it up every 3-4 months with reload is sufficient?
    Looks like the Porsche i did, 3 coats of Classic, 2 coats of UK and 3 coats of Gliss (If i remember correctly).

I can say OCD does play a Huge part in it, But i also like to try different combos to see how they work. I even took the wives SUV, which was coated with two coats of Classic topped with a coat of UK, Then did what they said you shouldn't. I hit the car with essence plus then applied Gliss. But i did this to test it out. If it didn't work or hold, i wouldn't care. What i can say, 3 - 4 weeks later, the coating still holds its feel and water properties. I guess its all up to the person doing it. I don't charge for what i have done. Most of the cars have been mine.

What i do feel, and i stated it when the amount of coats were questioned in my post.... When my kids sideswiped the rear bumper of my Rapide, it had multiple coats on it, I was able to remove the scratches by just removing the coatings. If the car had one coat on it, would i be taking down the clear coat to remove the scratches? or painting the rear bumper of the car? I don't know. I would hope the time to add the additional coats could have saved a very costly repaint. Or, maybe its in my head. I have that 997 That i applied 8 coats too, sitting in a garage for the past 3 weeks while it cures, next weekend i want to take paint readings to compare to the before readings i had taken...

below you can see a few different cars with all different levels of coatings

- The first 3 photos Re: Rear bumper scratched i spoke about earlier

- The next two are overall shots of the Rapide with a 3 coats of UK and Classic each

- The following photo after that, is a reflection shot off the hood of the back of my home

- Next you have the first two photos of the Discovery, That had two coats of classic on it

- the following two photos of the hood, was when i did a full decon then applied Essence Plus then Gliss to it

- Then you have my Big Range, She only has two coats of Classic on it.

- The single photo of the two door is an S coupe: 2 coats of classic with Gliss added a few months later. She received a full decon before the gliss was added (She's a garage queen)

- The DB11 (Garage queen) has 3 coats of classic, 2 coats of UK and 2 coats of Gliss

- Just yesterday i did a correction to my cousins macan turbo, we only had time to apply one coat of Classic and reload

- The final photo is the 997 i corrected and coated with 3x Classic, 2x UK, and 3x coats of gliss, its a reflection shot off of the hood. the photo posted is actually upside down, i sent it to my uncle to see if he could figure out what i was sending him. Once i told him it was the reflection off his hood, he was amazed.

The bottom line is, if you are doing it for yourself, do what you want within your budget. either way, I think you will be pleased

I hope this helped a bit

Attachment 62502
    Attachment 62503
    Attachment 62504
    Attachment 62511
    Attachment 62505
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is the right cquartz coating combo?-65489400-92ed-4583-9b78-7469362859da-jpg   What is the right cquartz coating combo?-8abf6bac-7ff9-4e73-905a-0e8aea552935-jpg   What is the right cquartz coating combo?-78a60024-4570-401a-8845-0f7586b946db-jpg   What is the right cquartz coating combo?-06-18-2017-10-15-00-3-jpg   What is the right cquartz coating combo?-10-01-2017-12-18-09-1-jpg   What is the right cquartz coating combo?-08-12-2017-02-50-24-jpg   What is the right cquartz coating combo?-img_5320-jpg   What is the right cquartz coating combo?-img_5322-jpg   What is the right cquartz coating combo?-img_9049-jpg   What is the right cquartz coating combo?-img_9050-jpg  

What is the right cquartz coating combo?-img_6475-jpg   What is the right cquartz coating combo?-img_9044-jpg   What is the right cquartz coating combo?-img_9043-jpg   What is the right cquartz coating combo?-img_0417-jpg   What is the right cquartz coating combo?-img_9144-jpg   What is the right cquartz coating combo?-img_9067-jpg   What is the right cquartz coating combo?-dd28366e-fcb1-454e-968a-b65a409ae98f-jpg   What is the right cquartz coating combo?-img_0490-jpg   What is the right cquartz coating combo?-img_0478-jpg   What is the right cquartz coating combo?-img_0460-jpg  

12. Likes SWETM, desidetailer, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Here are the claims form their facebok page. Estimated availability per Corey, 3-4 weeks from now.

WHAT IF?
    What if you had a coating which is stupid easy to use at any temp.?
    What if that coating will have very strong resistance to detergents and chemicals?
    What if that coating will be very easy to wipe off without any stickiness or tacky feeling, haze, high spots etc...
    What If such coat will have great gloss and long lasting hydrophobic?
    What if this coat will resist salts residues from snowy roads?

WATCH THIS SPACE! COMING SOON FROM CARPRO

As I said, maybe time to place my order now!

14. Likes The Guz, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dabbac View Post
    Looks like the Porsche is did, 3 coats of Classic, 2 coats of UK and 3 coats of Gliss (If i remember correctly).

I can say OCD does play a Huge part in it, But i also like to try different combos to see how they work. I even took the wives SUV, which was coated with two coats of Classic topped with a coat of UK, Then did what they said you shouldn't. I hit the car with essence plus then applied Gliss. But i did this to test it out. If it didn't work or hold, i wouldn't care. What i can say, 3 - 4 weeks later, the coating still holds its feel and water properties. I guess its all up to the person doing it. I don't charge for what i have done. Most of the cars have been mine.

What i do feel, and i stated it when the amount of coats were questioned in my post.... When my kids sideswiped the rear bumper of my Rapide, it had multiple coats on it, I was able to remove the scratches by just removing the coatings. If the car had one coat on it, would i be taking down the clear coat to remove the scratches? or painting the rear bumper of the car? I don't know. I would hope the time to add the additional coats could have saved a very costly repaint. Or, maybe its in my head. I have that 997 That i applied 8 coats too, sitting in a garage for the past 3 weeks while it cures, next weekend i want to take paint readings to compare to the before readings i had taken...

below you can see a few different cars with all different levels of coatings

- The first 3 photos Re: Rear bumper scratched i spoke about earlier

- The next two are overall shots of the Rapide with a 3 coats of UK and Classic each

- The following photo after that, is a reflection shot off the hood of the back of my home

- Next you have the first two photos of the Discovery, That had two coats of classic on it

- the following two photos of the hood, was when i did a full decon then applied Essence Plus then Gliss to it

- Then you have my Big Range, She only has two coats of Classic on it.

- The single photo of the two door is an S coupe: 2 coats of classic with Gliss added a few months later. She received a full decon before the gliss was added (She's a garage queen)

- The DB11 (Garage queen) has 3 coats of classic, 2 coats of UK and 2 coats of Gliss

- Just yesterday i did a correction to my cousins macan turbo, we only had time to apply one coat of Classic and reload

- The final photo is the 997 i corrected and coated with 3x Classic, 2x UK, and 3x coats of gliss, its a reflection shot off of the hood. the photo posted is actually upside down, i sent it to my uncle to see if he could figure out what i was sending him. Once i told him it was the reflection off his hood, he was amazed.

The bottom line is, if you are doing it for yourself, do what you want within your budget. either way, I think you will be pleased

I hope this helped a bit

Attachment 62502
    Attachment 62503
    Attachment 62504
    Attachment 62511
    Attachment 62505
    Well it was your post only that raised questions in my head... That was some amazing work you did on that 997 and after that I started to think all this....
    Well I can say OCD actually played a huge role here I am not saying you did anything wrong but maybe a little overprotective even if I had to do same I would have gone with 2 coats of each coat and maybe uk/ti02 topped with gliss at max... but again I have to agree with the fact you can't find the best without experimenting yourself because in the end it all comes down to personal preference of what is best... so full marks to you and your work...
    And lastly, those are some beautiful cars there����

16. Thanks Dabbac thanked for this post
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    Multiple coats of anything is pointless.
    Especially expensive coatings. Big time over kill.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

18. Likes desidetailer, VitreousHumor liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast