autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Washer Can't Get Detergent Out of Towels?

I do use hot water (about 125 degrees fahrenheit) but I haven't been doing a non-detergent cycle to clean out the washer before washing my towels so I'll try that. I've resisted getting a MF detergent but I guess I'll give that a try to.

Since front loading washers don't use much water, I've been dumping a bucket full of water into the washer with each rinse which fully submerges all the towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    I usually run my microfibers through 5 or 6 extra rinse cycles, or the rinse water is clear, whichever comes first. This is with a conventional top-loader.

On a side note, whenever I see a front loader and the scant amount of water they use, I wonder how they could even get anything clean, let alone completely rinsed.
    Good to know your's take that many rinse cycles! I'm not the only one then! If that's with a top loader, that must be like 10 rinses in a front loader! I've been wishing I kept my old top loader just as a secondary washer exclusively for my microfiber towels.

Front loaders actually clean better than top loaders according to Consumer Reports testing. They're also less damaging to clothes. I love the front loading machines I've bad and much prefer them over the top loading machines - except for when it comes to rinsing my MF towels. In Consumer Reports ratings, you actually have to go to number 44 in the front loading washers before getting to a rating as low as the best rated top loading machine.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a front loader and my method is hot wash and I bump up the soil level the spin is automatically set at high. I usually use all f/c but the store was out this time so I got a brand called purex f/c and I added extra soap because I saw no suds. Now I'm going back to all but you could try that soap for less suds

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Themikerobe View Post
    Hey,

I use a front loading washing machine and if I check last rinse cycle before it drains, the water is always still sudsy, even after several hot rinse cycles. I've tried All Free and Clear and a Persil detergent and as little as a 1/4 of the recommended amount, a vinegar rinse, adding extra hot water to the washer and I still just can't get them to rinse free of suds. The towels I use (instead of mitts) for the actual car wash have even more suds because of the car shampoo.

Anyone else check the rinse cycle before it drains for suds and anyone have suggestions?
    I'm not a fan of High Efficiency front load machines. In terms of product rinses, I would suggest moving to 3D Towel Kleen. Awesome product. I clean my towels and pads with it and have zero issues with clarity. On my towels I always run a second rinse cycle as our machine has that as an option from the start.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

If too much foam is clogging the outlet hoses (if that's what I'm reading) I would use cold water rinses and the highest possible spin speed. Also consider using less soap if you're getting that much foam. 3D Towel Kleen works well for me. I use 1 or 1.5 oz per load of towels.

And if my towels have a car wash soap I wring them out before washing. If I have only soapy towels I'll rinse them in the sink first or run them through a wash cycle before adding additional soap. Soapy towels + wash soap would almost certainly cause issues with too much foam.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    If too much foam is clogging the outlet hoses (if that's what I'm reading) I would use cold water rinses and the highest possible spin speed. Also consider using less soap if you're getting that much foam. 3D Towel Kleen works well for me. I use 1 or 1.5 oz per load of towels.

And if my towels have a car wash soap I wring them out before washing. If I have only soapy towels I'll rinse them in the sink first or run them through a wash cycle before adding additional soap. Soapy towels + wash soap would almost certainly cause issues with too much foam.
    One more thing. Check your soap, bleach,softener dispenser mechanisms for residual crud. That could be injecting unwanted suds.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12