autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Request!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Request!!

heard that the Menz are for rotary (excellent results) and it could do fine with the UDM (more time). My question is:
    By using the UDM the results are going to be the same or less, if is less then it will be better spending the $$ on other products and at the same time saving some $$. Or even if the results are less it will still be better than xmt or poorboy. Dont know if you understand me????
    Last edited by marchese_alexander; 02-01-2008 at 12:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

It produces great results with a PC if you take your time. The only way you will understand is to buy it and prepare for everyone to say "I told you so!".
    98 Z/28

Post Thanks / Like

I am one who thinks that Menzerna is a great product but is geared toward rotary use. Sure they will work well with a PC/UDM but it isn't going to be much fun for you. The polishes may dust, take a while to work in and be like cement to remove if you make a little mistake (too much or too little product). They are also heat and humidity sensitive, since they are designed to be used by professionals in a controlled environment. The products that I personally try to stay away from with PC/UDM are IP, FP, and PG. Nano 106ff is very nice to use with a PC/UDM but it won't correct yet. I have not used SIP ever before but I am hoping it is a lot more user friendly than the IP (with Pc/UDM). Again, Menzerna is a great product but I personally find it a lot better to use it with a rotary polisher. If you want to spend the extra $$ and use a product that may get you a results faster but look generally the same as all polishes vs. a polish that is easy to use and still looks great, go for the Menz.

Anyone can pick up a UDM / PC with XMT or Poorboy's SSRs and be able to use it without any problems. They produce great results and are very easy to use. When the polish is broken down they wipe off like a sealant - virtually effortlessly. I would suggest starting with one of these lines just to gain experience with how the PC / UDM operates. When the polishes run out you then can decide to make the Menzerna leap. I fear that someone will dive into Menzerna with a PC/UDM, have a crappy experience and give up on detailing all together ...

I'm having a difficult time with saying that one polish looks better than another but I'll ask that in a different thread.
    Last edited by budman3; 02-01-2008 at 09:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

poorboy have better results thatn xmt? the other thing that I dont understand is if is so difficult to work with the PC, why is there a kit of Menz with the PC on the store?
    Last edited by marchese_alexander; 02-01-2008 at 12:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

some pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Request!!-cimg3187-jpg   Request!!-cimg3203-jpg   Request!!-cimg3194-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

You know I absolutely 100% agree with Budman3. If you have no experience with a DA polisher you may want to go with a easier polish to use like Poorboys etc. Menz takes a bit of time to learn how to use.
    Good luck!
    98 Z/28

Post Thanks / Like

xmt intermediate or pinnacle advance swirl remover, which one is more aggressive

Post Thanks / Like

hahahahahahah!!!!! You crack me up! Not sure- but I have used XMT intermediate SR w/lake country orange pad followed by XMT ultra fine SR w/ Lake country white pad and gotten good results on a black car with heavy swirls and some scratches also-it wasnt that hard to master either.
    Last edited by lethalxls1; 02-02-2008 at 04:32 AM.
    98 Z/28

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marchese_alexander View Post
    poorboy have better results thatn xmt? the other thing that I dont understand is if is so difficult to work with the PC, why is there a kit of Menz with the PC on the store?

Well I guess they assume that some people wont have a very difficult time using Menzerna as a beginner. I will say this-you can get awsome results with a PC and Menzerna-I did. Sure it might take a little more time but I would rather take a little more time on my personal car rather then burn the clear coat with a rotary just to save a little time. You have to realize alot of the people on this forum are pros who detail many cars a week and need to save as much time as possible -time=money rotary=saved time PERIOD. The rotary does produce more heat but with that heat comes the need for experience. In my opinion a polish like XMT or poorboys would be good for someone with no experience no doubt. I would try the poorboys like Budman3 suggested. Just my 2 cents. I really dont think you can go wrong with poorboys. I am a newb myself to this forum but I try to jump in and help out with the easier questions when I can-kinda like paying my dues. Good luck!
    98 Z/28

Post Thanks / Like

Im tinking of going with the poorboy since my car isn't that mess up but cant decide. (PB-Menz)
    Last edited by marchese_alexander; 02-02-2008 at 11:45 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234