autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Flagged tip brush to apply HD to tires.

Carrand Deluxe Super Soft Car Wash Brush, body brush, auto brush, car wash supplies

I have read more than one post of members using this method. So I take it you spray the tire down with HD, then work it in with the brush correct? Any final wipe down?
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flagged tip brush to apply HD to tires.

It’s better to avoid spraying directly onto the tires because you’ll wind up with overspray on your wheels and even your paint.

Instead hold the bottle about an inch away from the brush and spray into it then wipe onto the tire.

I recommend this flag tipped brush. It’s easily found online.

I’ve recently bought a Mothers Wheel Brush and it’s not the same kind of brush. The 1 in my picture is softer and works much better for this. IMO that Carrand brush isn’t in the same league as this brush. The Carrand brush is too small and doesn’t offer the same user experience.

Try the Hyper Dressing @1:1. Best results + best user experience. Not too shiny at all because it tones down by the next day leaving a fine black tire. Use the brush to apply enough dressing, just make sure to brush away any actual drips because that’s the point where you’ve applied too much. But do not knock down the dressing with a towel as all you’ll do is degrade the final result. Hyper Dressing self levels as it dries.

3. Likes FrankS liked this post
    Dislikes FUNX650 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A few different companies have a brush that looks like that - Chemical Guys, Nanoskin, S M Arnold... am I warm here?

5. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Highly recommend the flag tipped brush. I was beating myself up for not swapping to doing it this way sooner. I use the same brush eldorado2k uses. It’s so much nicer than any other applicator I’ve ever used.

Gross dirty tires.

Cleaned, dried, and dressing applied. Brush gets into all the grooves better than any other applicator I’ve used, AND I don’t get anything on my hands, which is one of the biggest bonuses for me personally.

Gotta work on my picture skills, definitely leave a lot to be desired lol.

Btw, eldo, do you ever clean the brush? Or do you just use it then store it until next time. Almost seems like cleaning it wouldn’t be worth it, but maybe something to occasional do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k, FrankS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Been doing this since i discovered Eldorado2k post!
    Life is so much easier...
    Thanks bud Flagged tip brush to apply HD to tires.

Flagged tip brush to apply HD to tires.-img_7224-jpg

9. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k, Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    A few different companies have a brush that looks like that - Chemical Guys, Nanoskin, S M Arnold... am I warm here?
    Yup, that’s the brush.Flagged tip brush to apply HD to tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post

Gotta work on my picture skills, definitely leave a lot to be desired lol.

Btw, eldo, do you ever clean the brush? Or do you just use it then store it until next time. Almost seems like cleaning it wouldn’t be worth it, but maybe something to occasional do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks great.Flagged tip brush to apply HD to tires. And you’re right, it’s not really necessary for the most part, I find mine stays fairly clean, but once in a while I give it a cleaning and it’s like new again. This brush lasts and lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM65 View Post
    Been doing this since i discovered Eldorado2k post!
    Life is so much easier...
    Thanks bud Flagged tip brush to apply HD to tires.

Flagged tip brush to apply HD to tires.-img_7224-jpg
    Right on. You’re welcome.Flagged tip brush to apply HD to tires.Flagged tip brush to apply HD to tires.

11. Likes GEM65 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carrand is a great brush and what you have describe is what I do now. Recently, I have used foam tire brush just smooth things out on the tire.
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, that’s the brush.

But I listed three brushes. It looks like the Nanoskin and Arnold are the same, but the Chemical Guys is different (the bristles are krinkled on the Nano/Arnold to make them more rigid; not so on the Chemical Guys).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    Yup, that’s the brush.

But I listed three brushes. It looks like the Nanoskin and Arnold are the same, but the Chemical Guys is different (the bristles are krinkled on the Nano/Arnold to make them more rigid; not so on the Chemical Guys).
    I see what you mean... The Chemical Guys brush looks identical to mine. From the looks of it I believe the Nanoskin brush is the same brush but they’ve got the bristles looking a bit straight in their pics. They’ve also got an outrageous price on it.

I couldn’t find a gray SM Arnold flagged tip brush in the quick search I just did, but I wouldn’t doubt if the brush I have was an SM Arnold because I bought it locally and alot of the stuff in that detailing supply store is SM Arnold brand. I bought my 1st. clay towel there and it was an SM Arnold Speedy Prep Towel.

IIRC SM Arnold and Nanoskin are 1 and the same?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I see what you mean... The Chemical Guys brush looks identical to mine. From the looks of it I believe the Nanoskin brush is the same brush but they’ve got the bristles looking a bit straight in their pics. They’ve also got an outrageous price on it.

I couldn’t find a gray SM Arnold flagged tip brush in the quick search I just did, but I wouldn’t doubt if the brush I have was an SM Arnold because I bought it locally and alot of the stuff in that detailing supply store is SM Arnold brand. I bought my 1st. clay towel there and it was an SM Arnold Speedy Prep Towel.

IIRC SM Arnold and Nanoskin are 1 and the same?
    I just recently bought the SM Arnold brush and it looks to be identical to the first two pics of yours.

Life hasn't been the same since you turned me on to this brush for applying dressing. Thanks, Eldo!!

16. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast