autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Highly recommend a glass coating.

Had some of the former DP GLASS COATING and did all exterior glass last Sunday. Came out to work last night with very high winds along with sleet snow and rain. Ugly to say the least. While others were scraping their windshield, I put on the wipers, and I was ready to roll. The coating did it`s job and then some. Do yourself a favor and pick one of the many glass coatings offered in the store and apply it! At the very least to the windshield. Your glass will thank you.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Highly recommend a glass coating.

Nice, I keep saying I'm going to throw a coat of McKee's 37 glass coating on my new company car. Gotta get some Florida bugs off first.

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't agree more. I have been using PBL Glass for the last 2 years, and just got Gyeon View in yesterday.

4. Likes Dan K liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Had some of the former DP GLASS COATING and did all exterior glass last Sunday. Came out to work last night with very high winds along with sleet snow and rain. Ugly to say the least. While others were scraping their windshield, I put on the wipers, and I was ready to roll. The coating did it`s job and then some. Do yourself a favor and pick one of the many glass coatings offered in the store and apply it! At the very least to the windshield. Your glass will thank you.
    Had the same circumstances this morning. We had rain yesterday which turned to big wet flakes of snow, then the temperature dropped below freezing last night. I have the windshield and all windows on my Ram treated with Pinnacle glass coating. Wiped off the icy snow from the windows with my hand, hit the wipers and off to work I went. The windows of the cars at work that sat outside all night were totally ice covered and needed scraping. I have been using glass coating since the end of 2013 and I will never go without it on my own vehicles. My 4 ounce bottle of Pinnacle that I purchased in November 2013 still has a lot left and seems to work like it did when it was new when applied.

6. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My personal experience is that a glass coating can last upwards of 2 years on side windows, especially on a garaged vehicle. My wife’s suv is garage kept and also parked in a parking garage during the day. She drives approx 14000 miles per year with a majority of highway miles. Her side windows can go a couple of years between coating ( can’t remember if they are topped with PNS but I do use drying aids periodically). The windshield lasts a year and that is with a lot of wiper use on her part.

My Ram is parked outside 24/7 and I don’t use the wipers unless I absolutely need to. The side windows are coated with Pinnacle and topped with PNS. They have not been redone since May 2016 and occasionally may get a drying aid such as Megs 156. The windshield does not fair as well and gets reapplied every 6 months or so due to diminishing repellancy.

Post Thanks / Like

Prep is pretty important. I hit mine with clay and DA polish and then McKee's glass coating. We only have rain here in NorCal but it does a nice job.