autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Windshield cleaning

Stoners Invisible Glass finished up with a waffle weave glass towel on the exterior works for me. I purchased Aquapel but have not tried it yet. I am waiting for a 50 degree day. On the inside I love using Zap Cloth. Just a little water and the glass is streak free.

Post Thanks / Like

Ceriglass on a CarPro Rayon pad, then coat with Opti-glass or similar
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

I do have Stoner Invisible Glass cleaner. My problem is, it will not stop raining here in the Houston area. I haven't washed my Mazda in about two months time. There is no reason to do so since it will rain the next day. Also, all of my detailing things are over 300 miles away from me. I just had the Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax and the Opti-Bond Tire Gel arrive yesterday. Those two items will give me a chance to wash my car over the weekend since we only have a 30 to 40% chance of rain, until Sunday, we have a 60%. ugh..... I'm so sick and tired of rain rain and rain. I also have a microfiber knobby wash mitt that will help clean contaminates off the cars paint

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyCrazi View Post
    Remember to clean the inside of the windshield as well. I use glass cleaner and a magic eraser to really scrub it clean. That plus a glass polish on the outside will really help make that glass crystal clear.

Stoner Invisible Glass Reach & Clean Tool

A tool like this will also save your back.
    Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX
    (956) 357-7696 – Cell/Text / srhtx@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SRHTX View Post
    I do have Stoner Invisible Glass cleaner. My problem is, it will not stop raining here in the Houston area. I haven't washed my Mazda in about two months time. There is no reason to do so since it will rain the next day. Also, all of my detailing things are over 300 miles away from me. I just had the Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax and the Opti-Bond Tire Gel arrive yesterday. Those two items will give me a chance to wash my car over the weekend since we only have a 30 to 40% chance of rain, until Sunday, we have a 60%. ugh..... I'm so sick and tired of rain rain and rain. I also have a microfiber knobby wash mitt that will help clean contaminates off the cars paint
    I have a slightly different take on rain the next day. I try to wash all of the crud off before it rains and hit it with spray wax as a drying agent to prep it for the rain.

Sometimes, I even hit parts of my car while it is raining with quick detailer if I see road film building up on the paint. I hope I'm not the only one who does this.

Post Thanks / Like

This was the very first Mike Phillips video I ever watched several years ago. Since then, this is the only product and method will I ever use. With occasional touch ups with McKees 37 or Dr. Beasly.

YouTube

Whenever I detail mine, or a friends car, spotless, hydrophobic glass is my signature.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12