Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
You can switch the plates back and forth but beware a lot of people like the 5 in plate but if use 5-inch pads it takes a lot longer to do the car. I get at least a 5.5 pads.

The 5-inch pads are good too for smaller panels.
I think all in all I have 4 Backing Plates that I bought for my PC7424XP and will also fit the GG6.

5" Yellow Urethane Lake Country Backing Plate to take 5.5" Pads
3.5" Yellow Urethane Lake Country Backing Plate to take 4" Pads
2-7/8" Yellow Urethane Lake Country BackingPlate to take 3" Pads (I think this Plate is actually called a 3")
And lastly, the 5" Black Griots Garage Ventilated Backing Plate when it became available.

This gives a many fold advantage of making these machines more versatile, able to better polish smaller areas such as A and B Pillars, Mirrors, Bumpers, License Plate Recesses, Lights, etc. Just a few minutes to swap Plates with the provided Wrench.

And if in time a person wishes to graduate to a more costly machine, such as Flex, Rupes, the Griots Boss Line, the 7424XP/GG6 can then remain dedicated polishers for such smaller areas.

With the smaller Plates-Pads, correcting ability-power with the PC7424XP is surely not an issue, plenty of power on hand then.

As all will agree, all free wheeling DA machines, even Griots, Rupes and Flex can have rotation stalled if poor technique is used.