autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ceramic wax or silica wax list

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    Has anyone used Dr Beasley plasma coat?
    I have Plasma Coat on a couple panels of my winter driver, along with Viking Coat on the majority of the car. I used PC where I had some paintwork done after it had cured for 30 days.

Application was easy and the durability has been fine. In fairness, I have topped up the whole car with Viking Spritz a couple of times over the winter - so it’s tough to say for sure how the Plasma Coat has done on it’s own. I like the fact that there is no cure time with this LSP. Wipe on, wipe off and your good to go.

There’s no “wax” in Plasma Coat, so I’m not really sure how it is relevant in this thread. Ceramic wax or silica wax list
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

I want to like these waxes but the ONLY one I've found that doesn't leave a hazy finish is the PA Carnubaflockencreme. It's the only one that actually buffs off 100% clean. Ive used synergy at least 10 times and I've tried the dodo juice nano. I don't doubt that there are plenty of people using both of them and getting great results but, I don't think they are looking at the paint as hard as me. Or working with a true black Car with no metallic flake or anything to hide the smallest defect.

I only say this because I've applied both of them to fully clean and prepped paint multiple times and it's always the same result. A thin hazy type of flim that will not buff off the paint no matter what you try to remove it with short of an abrasive polish. I don't doubt that it's not even noticeable on most color cars not matter how bright of a light you have. I have a Scangrip Iview light and I can only see it at certain angles and my car is plain black.

I used to think it was because I was applying it wrong, Especially with the Synergy but now after trying so many different times and getting the same results from 2 different brands I think it's just the nature of these waxes. Don't get me wrong this film is hardly even noticeable and the waxes still look great on my car when I've used them but I'm so OCD with being a perfectionist I just can't deal with it.

The PA wax gives me the look and buffs off clean so I'm just using that now.

Post Thanks / Like

I am currently testing out a silica wax. And I have really enjoyed it. It has changed my thinking on going the coating route. Not that expensive either. AG should launch it at some point. But PM me for the name since they don't sell it yet.

Sent from my XT1650 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I want to like these waxes but the ONLY one I've found that doesn't leave a hazy finish is the PA Carnubaflockencreme. It's the only one that actually buffs off 100% clean. Ive used synergy at least 10 times and I've tried the dodo juice nano. I don't doubt that there are plenty of people using both of them and getting great results but, I don't think they are looking at the paint as hard as me. Or working with a true black Car with no metallic flake or anything to hide the smallest defect.

I only say this because I've applied both of them to fully clean and prepped paint multiple times and it's always the same result. A thin hazy type of flim that will not buff off the paint no matter what you try to remove it with short of an abrasive polish. I don't doubt that it's not even noticeable on most color cars not matter how bright of a light you have. I have a Scangrip Iview light and I can only see it at certain angles and my car is plain black.

I used to think it was because I was applying it wrong, Especially with the Synergy but now after trying so many different times and getting the same results from 2 different brands I think it's just the nature of these waxes. Don't get me wrong this film is hardly even noticeable and the waxes still look great on my car when I've used them but I'm so OCD with being a perfectionist I just can't deal with it.

The PA wax gives me the look and buffs off clean so I'm just using that now.
    So like a slight haziness? I haven't notice myself. I will pay closer attention and see if I can tell on my own car. It's Ford's Tuxedo Black metallic any reveals when a LSP does not have good clarity

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had an issue with Synergy but I have a dark blue car not a black. You know what you're doing Fightnews when it comes to cleaning and protecting your car so I'm not doubting you. I'm starting to wonder with Synergy if it just doesn't work on some clearcoat types? The reason I say that is because people either love it and it's great, or it's got issues and leaves streaks. I remember a black BMW that Mike Philips did that he put the pictures on here that were done with Synergy.

Plasma Coat is not ceramic in anyway, it's a non-polymer based sealant that's quite effective at protecting the paint, and I've used it and it's quite durable. My dads car is half High Def paint sealant and Half Plasma Coat. They're both still on the car throughout the winter and I polished and sealed the car in November. And keep in mind, my dad washes parts of his car with a mop. So. Ya.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

6. Likes fightnews liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    I've never had an issue with Synergy but I have a dark blue car not a black. You know what you're doing Fightnews when it comes to cleaning and protecting your car so I'm not doubting you. I'm starting to wonder with Synergy if it just doesn't work on some clearcoat types? The reason I say that is because people either love it and it's great, or it's got issues and leaves streaks. I remember a black BMW that Mike Philips did that he put the pictures on here that were done with Synergy.

Plasma Coat is not ceramic in anyway, it's a non-polymer based sealant that's quite effective at protecting the paint, and I've used it and it's quite durable. My dads car is half High Def paint sealant and Half Plasma Coat. They're both still on the car throughout the winter and I polished and sealed the car in November. And keep in mind, my dad washes parts of his car with a mop. So. Ya.
    Thanks man, Appreciate that, I wonder if it has anything to do with the synergy being older now. It was mainly made in like 2015 right? It's not just synergy though because I saw the same thing with dodo juice silica nano wax. I might the synergy 1 more chance when I have time on the roof since thats like my B area.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it was made around 2015 or so. I know with the dodo juice version as well, they can be finicky. The only other difference I can think of with Synergy is, I always applied it ontop of a coating. So I wonder if that makes a difference?
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

That’s interesting, haven’t heard of this issue until now.

Post Thanks / Like

Adams just released a new Cermaic wax as well. Comes in a nice billet container and is quite pricey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    I think it was made around 2015 or so. I know with the dodo juice version as well, they can be finicky. The only other difference I can think of with Synergy is, I always applied it ontop of a coating. So I wonder if that makes a difference?
    Have you ever inspected it with something like a scangrip light after buffing. You have to look closely from different angles. Is there any mettalic in It?

We've talked about the synergy wax "sweating". I think it's related to that

How do u think synergy would do on top of essence?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast