autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help guys what coating!

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Although I have never tried Sonax CC36 I believe they want you to top with PNS for added longevity.
    Sonax doesn't want one to top their coating. It is more of a recommendation. What I mean by that is that Sonax claims this to be a 1 year coating and if someone wants to extend the life then Sonax Polymer Net Shield would be the product to go with as both it and the coating share similar chemistry. Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer is their other recommendation. From personal experience BSD works pretty well with CC36.

Sonax's philosophy is that they designed this product with the professional detailer in mind to get their clients to come back for a coating refresh 1 year later. As it adds more money in the pocket of the professional compared to offering a multi-year coating where the customer may or may not come back.

Quote Originally Posted by jmorlan View Post
    Just the thread I've been looking for.
    I have gloss coat, that I bought to coat my 2 trucks with. But I picked up a new Mercedes, and have inherited my gf's new wrangler to coat.

It seems the gyeon get more bang for the buck in ML terms, or the new c9 cooating from CG. It seems the opti gloss coat was the no brainer when I picked it up. But what's out there now for sickness, longevity and gloss?
    If not I'll just order more gloss coat

Thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I have seen some complain about the performance of the C9 coating and it's lack of water behavior. Gloss Coat is easy to apply. As mentioned most coatings are on the grabby side in terms of tactile feel. Optimum claims a 2 year longevity for Gloss Coat. From personal experience it was roughly 1 year and Gloss Coat was having issues. That is just my personal experience. Give it a go and see if you like it or pick up a couple different coatings and compare them to see which suits your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Probably need a two step process for maximum slickness. Most of the normal coatings are not a slick feeling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. The top coats tend to add more slickness compared to the base layer.

2. Likes jmorlan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Sonax doesn't want one to top their coating. It is more of a recommendation. What I mean by that is that Sonax claims this to be a 1 year coating and if someone wants to extend the life then Sonax Polymer Net Shield would be the product to go with as both it and the coating share similar chemistry. Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer is their other recommendation. From personal experience BSD works pretty well with CC36.

Sonax's philosophy is that they designed this product with the professional detailer in mind to get their clients to come back for a coating refresh 1 year later. As it adds more money in the pocket of the professional compared to offering a multi-year coating where the customer may or may not come back.
    That's very interesting; thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

So what is the difference between these Coatings that come from a syringe, a spray bottle, or a bottle and dropper.
    And what explains some of the price swings. The syringe type like gloss coat and uber are considerably more.
    Then you have the bottle and dropper style like cquartz, which are in the middle prove range.
    Then spray bottle like pinnacle coating offering 4oz as compared to 10-30ml

Post Thanks / Like

I use the combo of opti gloss coat with McKees hydro blue as a maintenance product every 4 to 6 six weeks with nice results on a tuxedo black F 150.

Post Thanks / Like

I went ahead and grabbed a 50ml of cquartz uk.
    We'll see how it goes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12