autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: Tesla interior

Post Thanks / Like

Tesla interior

Hello everyone. I have a Tesla Model S 75. I have the leather package and understand how to clean the leather. I usually use meguiers 2 step method leather cleaner and conditioner. With the Tesla, I am not sure if the interior sides of door are leather and can be maintained the same way. I’m hoping to hear from someone with experience working on tesla interiors. Any tips or advice are welcomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tesla interior

Quote Originally Posted by CAMAROZL1 View Post
    Hello everyone. I have a Tesla Model S 75. I have the leather package and understand how to clean the leather. I usually use meguiers 2 step method leather cleaner and conditioner. With the Tesla, I am not sure if the interior sides of door are leather and can be maintained the same way. I’m hoping to hear from someone with experience working on tesla interiors. Any tips or advice are welcomed.

They're not. At least mine aren't.

A good interior cleaner like McKees or Kenotek leather/vinyl cleaner and protectant will work just fine.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

3. Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Since most leather interiors are actually some combination of leather and vinyl, most interior cleaners are usually safe for both. I think I'd be safe in saying that anything safe for leather will be safe for vinyl, while the reverse may not be true.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAMAROZL1 View Post

Congratulations on the new car. Is the Tesla in addition to or a replacement for the ZL1?

I would keep it as simple as possible by COATING the leather using McKee's 37 Leather Guard UV50. That way, you don't have to fuss about cleaning and conditioning the seats (whether they're real leather or not) on a regular basis. This product provides long-lasting protection PLUS it will help resist dye transfer from blue jeans, lap top bags, purses, etc.

You can maintain the interior using McKee's 37 FAST Interior Detailer. This product will especially come in handy for the HUGE center screen inside your Tesla's interior. FAST Interior Detaile removes light dust, finger print smudges, and dirt while depositing durable UVA/UVB inhibitors. Plus, it doesn't add any artificial gloss or slickness to interior components.

Enjoy the new car!

6. Likes WillSports3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how new the leather guard product is, I don't see any websites here in Canada carrying it. But the fast interior detailer is excellent. I use it for after winter touch ups and light salt removal, great product. I need to pick up more of it actually.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick McKees37 View Post
    Congratulations on the new car. Is the Tesla in addition to or a replacement for the ZL1?

I would keep it as simple as possible by COATING the leather using McKee's 37 Leather Guard UV50. That way, you don't have to fuss about cleaning and conditioning the seats (whether they're real leather or not) on a regular basis. This product provides long-lasting protection PLUS it will help resist dye transfer from blue jeans, lap top bags, purses, etc.

You can maintain the interior using McKee's 37 FAST Interior Detailer. This product will especially come in handy for the HUGE center screen inside your Tesla's interior. FAST Interior Detaile removes light dust, finger print smudges, and dirt while depositing durable UVA/UVB inhibitors. Plus, it doesn't add any artificial gloss or slickness to interior components.

Enjoy the new car!
    Hi! Thank you! Is a replacement to ZL1. This car is amazing by far anything I have driven and loving it. Thank you for the info

Post Thanks / Like

Tesla interior

Gyeon leather cleaner, and be done with it. I haven't found anything that works as well as it yet.

If you feel the need to condition, go ahead. But IMO not typically necessary with coated leathers.
    Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

10. Likes shanester, CAMAROZL1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with JC. Even though I haven’t done a Tesla yet, Gyeon is a very good company.
    For leather, I apply their leather coat after cleaning it. The stuff really works!
    They have multiple ones for different durations of time which is great as well.