autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rupes Duetto!

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes Duetto!

I just got my duetto and holy..... This tool has a presence, It looks and feels so quality its eye opening. I wish I would have known how bad azz these rupes tools are before I bought my g15. Nothing against griots its a great machine but the rupes looks like it's on another level.

This is going off looks and feel alone I havent even used it yet. The other day I asked about the best 5.50 pads to use with this thing... Well now that I have the rupes 6" pads and see how they are designed clearly the lake county 5.50" HDO pads will be the closest thing.

2. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Duetto!

Congratulations on your new tool.

As I said your other thread my Duetto is my favorite tool. That being said don't sell the G15 short.

A few years ago when I did a 370 Z I started with my Duetto and Rupes pads with numerous test spots and I eneded up going to my G21 with my 5" backing plate set up.

Why? I was doing a one step polish and the Duetto just wouldn't "cut it" so to speak. The G21 powered right thorugh and save me hours of polishing time.

So between my Duetto, Rupes Mini and my G21 it pretty much covers it for me. I haven't picked up my Rupes 15 in over two years.

I love my Duetto and always go to it first.

Hope you enjoy it. If you like the Duetto, you would love the Mini.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Congratulations on your new tool.

As I said your other thread my Duetto is my favorite tool. That being said don't sell the G15 short.

A few years ago when I did a 370 Z I started with my Duetto and Rupes pads with numerous test spots and I eneded up going to my G21 with my 5" backing plate set up.

Why? I was doing a one step polish and the Duetto just wouldn't "cut it" so to speak. The G21 powered right thorugh and save me hours of polishing time.

So between my Duetto, Rupes Mini and my G21 it pretty much covers it for me. I haven't picked up my Rupes 15 in over two years.

I love my Duetto and always go to it first.

Hope you enjoy it. If you like the Duetto, you would love the Mini.
    thanks im def going to get the mini and the 21 eventually. The duetto is def more robust the I expected. I cant wait to use it.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about the 21 I already have enough problems with the g15 on anything other then a flat panel. If I hit even just a little bit of a contour the pad stops spinning. I have a white mark on the backing plate and I'm always watching it. If it wasn't for that white mark on the black plate I would never even know how much it was bogging down.

I have to wonder if people who don't have that line mark on the plate even realize how much the machine is bogging down. Even with great technique, I don't see how you can get any correction done on a curved panel? Especially with a 21mm throw. Are you guys actually doing curved fenders with these things and getting results?

I would love to see a video of someone showing how to do it?

Post Thanks / Like

I like Kevin Browns way to think about curved panels. Maybe not all different curves panels have is discussed but a theory. The thing I noticed and did test out was when lifting the machine off a little bit. Made me to get the pad spinning more. See if you find it intresting. I will have it in mind when I start polishing in the spring again.

https://youtu.be/M9HdpB04jD8

7. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Double post. Sorry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I like Kevin Browns way to think about curved panels. Maybe not all different curves panels have is discussed but a theory. The thing I noticed and did test out was when lifting the machine off a little bit. Made me to get the pad spinning more. See if you find it intresting. I will have it in mind when I start polishing in the spring again.

https://youtu.be/M9HdpB04jD8
    Thanks right now I use my flex on all the curved panels. I don't think a long throw can do better then a flex on a curved panel no matter how good the technique? Thats just my opinion right now but Idk. I'll def watch the video thanks

10. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I just got my duetto and holy..... This tool has a presence, It looks and feels so quality its eye opening. I wish I would have known how bad azz these rupes tools are before I bought my g15. Nothing against griots its a great machine but the rupes looks like it's on another level.

This is going off looks and feel alone I havent even used it yet. The other day I asked about the best 5.50 pads to use with this thing... Well now that I have the rupes 6" pads and see how they are designed clearly the lake county 5.50" HDO pads will be the closest thing.
    Congratulations on the new toy! Let us know what you think when you use It! I am thinking about purchasing one and retiring my PC to carpets.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Been really liking my Duetto as well. I definitely should have had one sooner. I love my G21 but I feel the Duetto is really going to fill a gap for me. It has plenty of power and is smooth. Glad to see someone else enjoying it as well.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes Duetto!

I think a 12mm throw is awesome! Can still correct, yet finish awesome. The Duetto is underpowered on non flat panels, but it is very smooth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

14. Likes The Guz liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast