autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Reflect - no proper product seal?

Hi Everyone!

I've just ordered and received my first bottle of CarPro Reflect from a supplier yet unknown to me, and was surprised to get a bottle or product that has practically no seal on it. In the past I've ordered various other CarPro products (albeit from different sources) like Reload, CQuartz, Trix, Reset, which were all fluids, and either had the regular threaded bottle cap with safety release mechanism to seal them, or were shrink-wrapped, to ensure they don't leak.

However, Reflect - which is more a cream-like product - came in a completely different bottle, that has a cone-shaped dispenser on it, with just a transparent, easily removable cap on top (see this picture). Also, there was no peelable seal under the dispenser cap either - like how it's on for ex. Meguiar's similar products (where you have to unscrew the dispenser cap first, remove the glued plastic seal, then screw the dispenser back on, to start actually using the product).

Now my question is: do CarPro polishes really come without any product seal/safety mechanism, that would ensure they do not leak in transit, do not dry out, and are generally in their genuine condition? Or did I just get a lemon?

Also the actual product I've gotten is CarPro Relfect "Limited Edition", and has been manufactured back in the summer of 2016. Is that any different from the current product line?

Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Reflect - no proper product seal?

Logic fail, for many reasons. Besides not being helpful at all.

Actual useful information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry that you got a rough answer on a product that is really good but not sold at this time by AGO. I have a 32oz. bottle that came the same way from Autopia when they had more product giveaways. They just never really caught on with Reflect and now don't sell it at all.

4. Thanks itsgn thanked for this post
    Likes itsgn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your answer.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll check my bottles of essence and essence plus. I’m certain they don’t have a seal and have a twist piece on the top of the black top.

7. Thanks itsgn thanked for this post
    Likes itsgn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I’ll check my bottles of essence and essence plus. I’m certain they don’t have a seal and have a twist piece on the top of the black top.
    Yes, my bottle has that, too, but that piece comes completely off after just a half twist around the axis. Which made me wonder whether it didn't have any other protection against leaks during transport. But it seems like it doesn't.

Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Reflect - no proper product seal?

I dunno about Carpro Reflect, but it would seem a bit counterproductive to sell a product line in which every bottle comes with an expiration date, yet none of the bottles come with a foil seal to ensure freshness and prevent spillage.

This is where the tried and true experience really shows. Take Meguiars bottles for example: They always come with a freshness seal and you can trust they haven’t been tampered with and are as fresh as possible for the moment you decide to 1st use it. I consider this a small, yet significant mark of quality. Even the sample size bottle of Gold Class Carnauba comes sealed. That’s what I’m talkin about! It’s no wonder so many people trust Meguiars, it’s because they know what the heck they’re doing.

Now lets look at a quart of Pennzoil: Another brand that’s stood the test of time. Another brand that’s smart enough to know how to get their bottling correct. It’s automatic.

Their oil doesn’t come with a foil seal, but it does have an anti tamper ring that breaks when you 1st open it. That’s good enough for me.

Prestone Power Steering Fluid: It comes with a foil seal [trust me, I go through almost a quart per week. Lol] Another brand that’s stood the test of time and knows how to get things consistently right...

Carpro Spotless: I have this bottle on my shelf and haven’t opened it yet.

While it didn’t have a foil seal, it did have a cap which required you to press down and twist to open... And let me tell you I had to put the tiger grip on this thing in order to get it open! Now that’s a tight lid! No seal, but they get a pass based on the caps directions being legit.

They also earn props for including the sprayer separately. This shows me they know what the heck they’re doing and I respect that.

Now lets take a look at the other side of the spectrum... Gyeon Bathe+
    Not only does it look nothing like it does on their website..

They lose more points for not only leaving their bottles wide open, but also for including caps that don’t even function the way they’re labeled. This cap is loose as a goose and comes right off with no pressure at all.

No twist off ring, no foil seal to ensure freshness, nothing to prevent spillage or tampering... Their bottling as a whole just screams cheap.

So there we have it. A few examples of established brands that have figured out the basic yet important things, and 1 that clearly hasn’t.

Good thread on a topic that doesn’t get enough attention.

10. Likes itsgn, Finick, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

8oz bottle of essense came in with no seal. Although, the little cap wasn't only screwed onto the top of the bottle with the release mechanism (just like a regular plastic bottle that makes a crack sound when you twist the lid).

12. Thanks itsgn thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Carpro can come in here and shed some light on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by itsgn View Post
    Hi Everyone!

I've just ordered and received my first bottle of CarPro Reflect from a supplier yet unknown to me, and was surprised to get a bottle or product that has practically no seal on it. In the past I've ordered various other CarPro products (albeit from different sources) like Reload, CQuartz, Trix, Reset, which were all fluids, and either had the regular threaded bottle cap with safety release mechanism to seal them, or were shrink-wrapped, to ensure they don't leak.

However, Reflect - which is more a cream-like product - came in a completely different bottle, that has a cone-shaped dispenser on it, with just a transparent, easily removable cap on top (see this picture). Also, there was no peelable seal under the dispenser cap either - like how it's on for ex. Meguiar's similar products (where you have to unscrew the dispenser cap first, remove the glued plastic seal, then screw the dispenser back on, to start actually using the product).

Now my question is: do CarPro polishes really come without any product seal/safety mechanism, that would ensure they do not leak in transit, do not dry out, and are generally in their genuine condition? Or did I just get a lemon?

Also the actual product I've gotten is CarPro Relfect "Limited Edition", and has been manufactured back in the summer of 2016. Is that any different from the current product line?

Thanks for your help.
    Hi, First thing, the limited edition bottle you got is same Reflect polish material, only the label print was made in 500 pcs . limited edition with opposite mirror print
    about the sealing, the cap we use for our polishes including the twisted sealing top, made for economic usage and exact fine drops to apply on pads( with the small holes they have) beside that the topping cap has a pin to seal the hole and clean the edge for next use( not to have dried polish paste) the cap seals well the bottle, if you had leaking you would have see it by now. never the less , we will check the option of using the paper sealing as shown above for the bottles top hole.

15. Thanks itsgn thanked for this post
    Likes itsgn, wing commander, Commander2874 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast