autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONR one bucket or two

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    I was actually referring to GD mostly getting the credit for it after posting that how-to video many years ago. At the time I'd already seen Todd doing the same thing at least a couple years earlier. In fact, it was seeing a post of Todd's that got me to try a MF towel to wash instead of a mitt and never used a mitt again.
    The first ONR video I remember was by Anthony Orosco, and I honestly don't remember what wash media he was using, but I know Optimum always (back in the day) recommended a MF towel. That video is lost to time, I think, Anthony was washing a Ferrari as I recall, to everyone's disbelief.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    The first ONR video I remember was by Anthony Orosco, and I honestly don't remember what wash media he was using, but I know Optimum always (back in the day) recommended a MF towel. That video is lost to time, I think, Anthony was washing a Ferrari as I recall, to everyone's disbelief.
    Well to be fair I thought it was a crazy product to begin with and didn't try it for a couple years after it was introduced until i finally got the nerve to try it out since I hate washing cars out in the sun so much but once I did I never did a traditional wash again lol

Post Thanks / Like

When I started on detailing forums in 2004, QEW was the only rinseless, it was an RV product, and people only used it in the winter in the garage, as the only way to wash at that time of year. It's still around.

When ONR came out people like Anthony and Scottwax, who were alpha and beta testers for Optimum, mainstreamed rinseless washing, but it took a long time to be accepted and take off.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember Scottwax, I wonder whatever happened to him? He used to say if he ever had to do a traditional wash again he'd quit detailing and get back into the restaurant business.

5. Thanks Elger thanked for this post
    Likes Elger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    I remember Scottwax, I wonder whatever happened to him? He used to say if he ever had to do a traditional wash again he'd quit detailing and get back into the restaurant business.
    I understand he is just more frequently on Facebook now rather than forums. I don't think he ever posted here, just Autopia and MOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    "bunch of towels in a bucket" method.

I assure you it's called the Garry Dean Wash Method unless you can produce a video showing the multiple towel method before Garry Dean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    "bunch of towels in a bucket" method.

I assure you it's called the Garry Dean Wash Method unless you can produce a video showing the multiple towel method before Garry Dean
    You realize I can call it whatever I want, unless Garry has trademarked it and is restricting my use of it...in which case if I were you I would edit my post and insert a TM so Garry doesn't sue you. You also realize that YouTube had barely started in the time frame I'm talking about. I would venture a guess if Anthony Orosco still has that old ONR video, and if he's using an MF towel, I would wager he had more than one in the bucket. So I think for today, out of deference to Anthony, I'll call it the Anthony Orosco wash method. Maybe tomorrow it will be the Dr. G wash method. And if I have time, I think maybe I will look up Mosca's QEW thread from MOL from 2004, and see how many towels he used...so maybe it will wind up being the Tom Mosca method.

9. Likes TTQ B4U, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It would appear that Mosca's QEW tutorial was on Autopia and was a "Hall of Fame" thread, but it seems to have been corrupted in one of the forum migrations:

https://www.autopia.org/forums/guide...t=QEW+tutorial

However, here he is talking about it on the Miata forum...saying (in 2004, before there even was a YouTube) that other members had improved upon his technique by using MORE TOWELS...hmmm....(scroll down to post #10)

https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=97096

Garry Dean was in Jr. High in 2004, wasn't he? I know I was still in High School back then (some people say I still am).

11. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a 2 Bucket type of detailer! BLASPHEMY! In reality there really is no wrong way if done properly.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    I am a 2 Bucket type of detailer! BLASPHEMY! In reality there really is no wrong way if done properly.
    I've done it every which way...or to quote Burt Reynolds from Smokey and the Bandit, when asked by Jerry Reed if he can drive a forklift..."I can drive any forkin' thing".

14. Likes Kamakaz1961 liked this post
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast