autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: KIWI count down for DETAIL FEST 2018!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Mike View Post
    It should be a great trip. Let us know what you think of those cordless Flex tools.
    Hey Mike.

Yeah buddy, it’ll be great for sure. Definitely, I have a feeling the cordless Flex tools will be spot on but I’ll let you know my friend. You should be coming too mate.

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    That is awesome! Wish I was attending, but always a work conflict that time of year.
    Safe travels and have fun!
    Thank you Monica.

Yeah, the shop kinda ties me down too but in the same regards - Detail Fest is what the shop is about . . . So enough talking about how much I’d like to go - I committed this time & here I come.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    I think you might hold the record for longest travel to attend Detail Fest. Mike keeps track of these records.
    Haha, yeah! It’s a long way for sure. I’m sure you’re gonna be there Jaret? Keep an eye out for me mate, come & say hey.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

44 Days to go.

I have been following along here & on Facebook with updates from MTE & have been impressed by the goings on there. I really don't know what to expect from Detail Fest, well, I think I have some idea but hey.

Haven't seen too many forum members step up & say they're going, c'mon folks - who is all going?

Aaryn NZ.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m stoked! Flying in early Friday the 16th. Hopefully will be able to find a nice cigar shop/lounge, then actually make it into AG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I’m stoked! Flying in early Friday the 16th. Hopefully will be able to find a nice cigar shop/lounge, then actually make it into AG.
    Yeah Brother, I got your email with your flight details etc. 32 days to go! Getting closer now.

Aaryn NZ.

Post Thanks / Like

25 Days left until I begin my journey to Detail Fest 2018!!!

Its getting closer rather quickly. I physically have my tickets now, & I have been looking at the times of arrival here & there etc & I have enough time everywhere to surely find the next gate for the next plane. This may seem a strange thing to be thinking about but for those who have never traveled to New Zealand Before - every Airport in New Zealand can be entirely walked around in about 10 minutes.

25 days . . . . not long at all.

Aaryn NZ.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish you safe travels, that's one hell of a trip your taking! I wish we had airports as you described, I once got lost at the Atlanta airport during a layover.

8. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    I wish you safe travels, that's one hell of a trip your taking! I wish we had airports as you described, I once got lost at the Atlanta airport during a layover.
    Thank you Hammer77.

Our local airport you can almost touch both gates with your arms stretched out, hahaha. Last time we made the trip to Florida, we had to fly from Los Angeles to Dallas Fort Worth & as we were disembarking our plane in Dallas we were handed a paper map of how to get to the next gate . . . sweet, we said amongst ourselves - "we'll just walk" & a guy standing along side us said "you will want to take the monorail". We just looked at him blank faced thinking whats this guy on? Monorail! Ha! Turns out he was right on the money! Would've taken us an hour to walk to where we needed to get to!

Just a little nervous about taking this trip on my lonesome but as us Kiwis say - "she'll be right mate".

Aaryn NZ.

10. Likes Hammer77, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's where I got lost, I took the Atlanta monorail to get to a restaurant there, then after a few drinks got off at the wrong stop. I was good on time but it was a Oh S... moment!

12. Likes Aaryn NZ, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

. . . Sooo, this is coming around pretty fast . . . 17 days left.

I have been working as much as I physically can for a while now, not only to help pay for my trip to Detail Fest but to lessen the back log of work that will back up a little whilst I'm away. My gorgeous Wife & Good buddy Andy will run the shop while I'm gone which is a massive load off the mind.

I had my first day off in . . . man, I cannot remember when . . . well, I had last Sunday off. That gave the bugs just enough time to grab onto me & make me sick. Man Flu! Would ya believe it! So I've been punching on best I can for the last week & I am starting to feel heaps better. I guess - better to be crook now rather than on my Detail Fest trip huh. No more days off now until I fly out from here on Thursday the 15th just around lunchtime.

Sure hope to catch up with a few forum members while I'm there.

17 Days & counting down . . .

Aaryn NZ.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast