autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the master Air Force Master Blaster 8-HP Worth 400$ ?

Hi guys , i really think about buying a Master blaster i was wondering if it's really worth the price ? I see that there two models one 350$ and the revolution 400$ whats the difference ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is the master Air Force Master Blaster 8-HP Worth 400$ ?

Never used the master blaser but I have a Master Blaster sidekick. I really don't see what more power could possibly do. The sidekick pushes a ton of air and is very efficient. Also being so small it's easy to use, have to work with a long hose is a pain compared to a hand held unit. I am very curious to see what people who own one will answer.

3. Likes Fox body, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We use it all the time, main difference between the basic 6ft and the revolution offers 10 ft. x 1.5" Flexible Commercial Strength hose & Front Swivel Wheels. Hope this helps
    Professional Car Detailing in Toronto. www.rsautospa.ca - Ceramic Coating - Paint Protection Film featuring best clear bra brands from: SunTek Ultra, STEK.

5. Thanks Fox body thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's now offered with a 30 ft hose as well. In for replies. I'm on the fence myself

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

8. Likes JHL88, The Guz, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive never used the sidekick, but I do own a MasterBlaster. I can say its worth it’s weight in gold and most definitely worth the money. The only drawback is the short hose on the regualar version. Id get the one with the longer hose if you can. Otherwise, its great and works much better than a “leaf blower” for getting water out of mirrors and trim crevices. It blows and moves a TON of air. Drying an engine bay after a detail is incredibly quick too.

Btw, the only other drawback is the power consumption. When you throw the second switch for the full “8hp”, you are drawing 18amps and this can cause a problem on some 15amp outlets/breakers. I do recommend a heavy duty 20amp outlet and breaker. I use to pop the breaker in my garage on full power.

Edit: Furthermore, the whole unit is of industrial grade and made in the good old USA! Im sure this is another factor for the price, since its not some cheap Chinese made piece of garbage. It’s built to last and it shows.

10. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just use a shop vac with the blower function. I feel its not worth it and I can spend the rest of the money elsewhere
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

12. Likes DogRescuer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daviddear30 View Post
    It's now offered with a 30 ft hose as well. In for replies. I'm on the fence myself

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    I have the 30’ hose version. Works great, have it mounted in the garage and can reach all around the car in the driveway. I have used a leaf blower for years, and just switched about 5 months ago when it died. I would not go back. This thing not only pushes a lot of air, but it is also easy to maneuver around the cars as it is just the hose. As Junkman says “switch 1 is Yeah, switch 2 is he11 Yeah”. Just awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

14. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No. Nope. Don’t do it. In fact - I’m looking to get rid of mine. Not going to ship it - but if someone lives close...Don’t get me wrong - it’s very powerful. It’s just the most awkward thing to store & use.

First, it’s huge. Second, there’s no real place to wrap the cord. You would think for $400 it would include some type of cord wrap? Third, the hose is super stiff and wants to drag against or bang into your paint every chance it gets. IMHO - the hose is just awful.

Fifth, you need 20 amp + circuit breaker outlets to plug it into - which a lot over older homes may not have. Sixth, it’s all metal and just weighs a ton. Seventh, it’s meant to be used around water / car wash buckets & no GCFI or whatever it’s called.

On the other hand, the Metro Sidekick is super handy and convenient - it won’t dry a car - but works fairly well on wheels / body seems, etc for a decent price.

I haven’t used my MB in a few years. It’s prolly good if you have a huge detail shop & can leave the thing set up and ready to go all the time. But for home use, it’s just a big PIA.

Money would be better spent buying a DI water system or a high quality cordless leaf blower. I have a Kobalt 80v cordless leaf blower that I use. Instant power, runs for 1/2 hr, and batteries change in 20 mins. No hoses, no cords, nothing to drag on the ground, & nothing to wrap up. 90% as powerful as the MB on dual motors at less than half the price.

16. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    No. Nope. Don’t do it. In fact - I’m looking to get rid of mine. Not going to ship it - but if someone lives close...Don’t get me wrong - it’s very powerful. It’s just the most awkward thing to store & use.

First, it’s huge. Second, there’s no real place to wrap the cord. You would think for $400 it would include some type of cord wrap? Third, the hose is super stiff and wants to drag against or bang into your paint every chance it gets. IMHO - the hose is just awful.

Fifth, you need 20 amp + circuit breaker outlets to plug it into - which a lot over older homes may not have. Sixth, it’s all metal and just weighs a ton. Seventh, it’s meant to be used around water / car wash buckets & no GCFI or whatever it’s called.

On the other hand, the Metro Sidekick is super handy and convenient - it won’t dry a car - but works fairly well on wheels / body seems, etc for a decent price.

I haven’t used my MB in a few years. It’s prolly good if you have a huge detail shop & can leave the thing set up and ready to go all the time. But for home use, it’s just a big PIA.

Money would be better spent buying a DI water system or a high quality cordless leaf blower. I have a Kobalt 80v cordless leaf blower that I use. Instant power, runs for 1/2 hr, and batteries change in 20 mins. No hoses, no cords, nothing to drag on the ground, & nothing to wrap up. 90% as powerful as the MB on dual motors at less than half the price.
    Are we talking the same unit? Mine came with a wall mount bracket and a hose mount as well. The 30’ hose on mine is not stiff at all. It moves around easily. Maybe it is because mine is new, hopefully it stays like it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

18. Likes tpr1634 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast