autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is the master Air Force Master Blaster 8-HP Worth 400$ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
    I just use a shop vac with the blower function. I feel its not worth it and I can spend the rest of the money elsewhere
    I do the same. Bought a Rigid Wet Vac/ Blower and it does the job spectacularly.

Post Thanks / Like

I just thought I'd point out that the most HP one will get with a 110v - 15amp outlet is 1.5HP. Nearly all vacuum companies advertise "peak HP" which will only be achieved for a small fraction of a second.

Post Thanks / Like

This works great. More than enough power to dry an entire vehicle.

4. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes VISITOR, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the master Air Force Master Blaster 8-HP Worth 400$ ?

Quote Originally Posted by engineerwolf View Post
    Are we talking the same unit? Mine came with a wall mount bracket and a hose mount as well. The 30’ hose on mine is not stiff at all. It moves around easily. Maybe it is because mine is new, hopefully it stays like it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Mine is an older one for sure. It came with a wall mount, but no desire to mount that thing to my wall. Wouldn't use it nearly enough to justify it. But, mine is from way before they offered a 30 ft hose. Maybe they've improved he hose on the newer ones? Dunno? Really, prolly just me, but I hate any hose that just drags on the ground - cuz I always will want to clean it before I put it away. More time spent.

TBH, it's just so much easier & faster for me to pressure wash a car & do a rinseless wash with a gallon or so of DI water and let the car drip dry. I rarely do a 2 bucket wash anymore. Like I said, from owning this tool - it seems like it would be good for a busy detail shop that do a lotta washes, but for routine home use it's kinda awkward.

I've just found better methods to get a car dry with less work. 80v cordless leaf blower is instant power in a self contained unit with no cords or hoses. Less money. Easier to store. Lighter. More versatile. Smaller footprint than a MB & it's monster hose. Or, a CR Spotless - if you don't mind buying resin.

I've never used the McKees unit - but the design seems a little smarter for the enthusiast detailer. Really what works best for me and is easiest is to find some way to work with DI water as your final step and get a Sidekick for wheels & similar.

Maybe I'll pull my MB out and use it one day for giggles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    No. Nope. Don’t do it. In fact - I’m looking to get rid of mine. Not going to ship it - but if someone lives close...Don’t get me wrong - it’s very powerful. It’s just the most awkward thing to store & use.

First, it’s huge. Second, there’s no real place to wrap the cord. You would think for $400 it would include some type of cord wrap? Third, the hose is super stiff and wants to drag against or bang into your paint every chance it gets. IMHO - the hose is just awful.

Fifth, you need 20 amp + circuit breaker outlets to plug it into - which a lot over older homes may not have. Sixth, it’s all metal and just weighs a ton. Seventh, it’s meant to be used around water / car wash buckets & no GCFI or whatever it’s called.

On the other hand, the Metro Sidekick is super handy and convenient - it won’t dry a car - but works fairly well on wheels / body seems, etc for a decent price.

I haven’t used my MB in a few years. It’s prolly good if you have a huge detail shop & can leave the thing set up and ready to go all the time. But for home use, it’s just a big PIA.

Money would be better spent buying a DI water system or a high quality cordless leaf blower. I have a Kobalt 80v cordless leaf blower that I use. Instant power, runs for 1/2 hr, and batteries change in 20 mins. No hoses, no cords, nothing to drag on the ground, & nothing to wrap up. 90% as powerful as the MB on dual motors at less than half the price.

spot on!

P.S. I use the sidekick at home, the MB at the shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone attached the MasterBlaster to a cart (2 or 4 wheel) to deal with the moving around problem. All the negative posts (other threads too) seem to be centered on dragging hoses and immobility of the unit. I would think someone would have tried to use a cart to get the unit off the ground and setup better cord management.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    Has anyone attached the MasterBlaster to a cart (2 or 4 wheel) to deal with the moving around problem. All the negative posts (other threads too) seem to be centered on dragging hoses and immobility of the unit. I would think someone would have tried to use a cart to get the unit off the ground and setup better cord management.
    looks like this guy made his own cart to drag it around. kinda defeats the purpose of buying a machine that expensive and also having to use a thicker extension gauge cord to operate it as well. to each his/her own i guess...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    looks like this guy made his own cart to drag it around. kinda defeats the purpose of buying a machine that expensive and also having to use a thicker extension gauge cord to operate it as well. to each his/her own i guess...
    A box about half the height might work better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
    I just use a shop vac with the blower function. I feel its not worth it and I can spend the rest of the money elsewhere
    So you’re fine blowing high velocity air on your vehicle from that dirty vacuum hose? I dunno about yours, but my vacuum hose is steady encrusted with gunk. I clean it every so often, but I don’t consider it clean enough at any time to dry paint or even dry upholstery/carpet. It does great at sweeping the patio though.

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    no GCFI or whatever it’s called.
    What’s that?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice duct tape job he has had to do on that newer Master Blaster too...lol.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast